Man United appoint Moyes | Round, Woods, Lumsden, P Neville in; Giggs player/coach; Albert stays

Drifter

American
David Moyes admits he has found it "difficult at times" to make the transition to Manchester United ahead of his debut season in the Old Trafford dug-out.
The Scot took over the reins from the retired Sir Alex Ferguson in June, ending his 11-year stay with Everton to continue the work done by his compatriot, whose Premier League title success last season was his 13th in the English top flight.

Moyes admits having to live up to the feats accomplished by Ferguson comes as a daunting task, and says the step-up from the Toffees to the Red Devils is proving quite a challenge.

He told Inside United: "The transition from Everton to United has been difficult at times as I have hard decisions to make. Everton are a great club and I was proud to manage them.

"I can't deny Manchester United are on another level. Let's be honest, it would be a step up from just about any club in the world."

The former Toffees boss will be looking to secure his first piece of silverware in Manchester when his side comes up against Wigan in the Community Shield at Wembley on Sunday, although Moyes believes any victory over the Latics should be credited to Ferguson.

He said: "Of course I will be trying to make the Community Shield the first trophy of many, but if we win it's really something that will have been earned by Sir Alex. It's because of his good work in the Premier League last season that we're in the Community Shield.

"I will do my best to finish off the job, but it's Sir Alex who will deserve a lot of the credit if we're successful at Wembley. I cannot wait to get the season started.

"I know it won't always be easy, but I just hope we can all work together. My goal is to be successful and have a winning team. I hope that over the years we can have plenty of success."

Member 5225

^ fecking hell, why would he say stuff like that. Naïve man! Hope he has the bottle for this job; seems he's already pressured by fecking friendlies and trying to attract players to this mammoth club, what's he going to feel when a few fecking results go against him?!!!

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Lol. The fact that someone has found anything wrong with what he said proves that he cannot win with some fans.

Member 5225

Look, I want him to do well as much as the next bloke; and ofcourse I will support him 100% as the season starts (I already do!) - but he really shouldn't come out with naïve statements like that, perhaps it was ok at Everton when no one was noticing, but now that he's at United, any statement that makes him, the players or the club look even slightly weak will be pounced upon, even more so with Jose Mourinho around...

The Neviller

Look, I want him to do well as much as the next bloke; and ofcourse I will support him 100% as the season starts (I already do!) - but he really shouldn't come out with naïve statements like that, perhaps it was ok at Everton when no one was noticing, but now that he's at United, any statement that makes him, the players or the club look even slightly weak will be pounced upon, even more so with Jose Mourinho around...
Wise up. You're picking holes in absolutely feck all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
what words exactly make him sound weak!?

Should he have said, yeah I'm loving it, i'll cruise to victories here.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
^ fecking hell, why would he say stuff like that. Naïve man! Hope he has the bottle for this job; seems he's already pressured by fecking friendlies and trying to attract players to this mammoth club, what's he going to feel when a few fecking results go against him?!!!
You're coming across as a hysterical fanny, just so you know.

LR7

Yeah, he's said feck all wrong there. This place has become spastic central.

Same thing happened after Thiago signed for Bayern. It's not easy being a muppet this window. Normality will return soon (until we sign Fellaini)

Member 5225

fine, I just don't feel all warm and bubbly and full of confidence as a fan when I read stuff like that (a remember him saying a couple of weeks ago about how hard the CL will be for him considering he has no experience and will look to Giggs, Rio, etc 'to guide' him). I'd rather a bit of self confidence/arrogance even to ease nerves ahead of this pivotal time for the club. Maybe just me.

Member 5225

You're coming across as a hysterical fanny, just so you know.
apologies:

JOS is an amazing 'rock solid' right back.
Why would we need a midfielder when we have Anderson, if SAF trusts him, then so do I.
Calm down give David Bellion and Obertan a chance, they'll come good.
etc etc

Varun

Staff

What's wrong with you? Christ.

Member 5225

Just one not to settle for mediocrity if I may say so myself. Clearly I should just lay back and accept and be all nonchalant about it all...

The Neviller

Just one not to settle for mediocrity if I may say so myself. Clearly I should just lay back and accept and be all nonchalant about it all...
We're league champions, you fecking spoilt bell end, and there is nearly a month left in the transfer window.

And your spazzy little "this is the shit we have to put up with" point mentions ONE current United player.

Member 5225

We're league champions, you fecking spoilt bell end, and there is nearly a month left in the transfer window.

And your spazzy little "this is the shit we have to put up with" point mentions ONE current United player.
err that's my point, had I said it at the time I'd have got the inevitable backlash, now that they're actually gone it's ok to say again?!

Anyways, not sure why so many have their knickers in a twist, like I have said above obviously I want him (and us as a club) to do well; but if you can't see how much of a pivotal moment this is for our future then I guess we're on different wavelengths. All I am saying is that from a PR point of view, he isn't sending signals that gives fans like me a warm fuzzy feeling inside that it'll be alright on the night (which to be fair we've had the luxury of recently due to SAF being at the helm). IMO.

Varun

Staff

The season hasnt even started. Where has been the mediocrity that we've all missed yet you've latched onto?

The Neviller

err that's my point, had I said it at the time I'd have got the inevitable backlash, now that they're actually gone it's ok to say again?!

Anyways, not sure why so many have their knickers in a twist, like I have said above obviously I want him (and us as a club) to do well; but if you can't see how much of a pivotal moment this is for our future then I guess we're on different wavelengths. All I am saying is that from a PR point of view, he isn't sending signals that gives fans like me a warm fuzzy feeling inside that it'll be alright on the night (which to be fair we've had the luxury of recently due to SAF being at the helm). IMO.
Stop reading what he's said in such a high pitched, hysterical voice then.

Member 5225

The season hasnt even started. Where has been the mediocrity that we've all missed yet you've latched onto?
How am I saying we are mediocre? I simply wish that we don't start going down that sort of path!

Varun

Staff
How am I saying we are mediocre? I simply wish that we don't start going down that sort of path!

Judging by your posts, you'l be among the first to get on his back after few poor results. Relax and give the man a chance. Everyone knows its a pivotal moment for the club.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I'd rather a bit of self confidence/arrogance even to ease nerves ahead of this pivotal time for the club. Maybe just me.
If he was, then there would be 10 other posters like you complaining that he's far too arrogant and doesn't understand the difficulty of the job.

As I said, he can't win with certain fans.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Moyes can't seem to win with some people. Even if we win our first couple of games, I can see some people getting on his back over the style of the win or something. It seems some people are just so eager/worried that he will fail they are viewing every little thing he does as a failure in some way.

arjwiz

fine, I just don't feel all warm and bubbly and full of confidence as a fan when I read stuff like that (a remember him saying a couple of weeks ago about how hard the CL will be for him considering he has no experience and will look to Giggs, Rio, etc 'to guide' him). I'd rather a bit of self confidence/arrogance even to ease nerves ahead of this pivotal time for the club. Maybe just me.
Stuff like what, exactly? What words annoyed you any why?

You're obviously seeing something into this that no one else is, so you have to be clear as to how exactly this upsets you.

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Moyes can't seem to win with some people. Even if we win our first couple of games, I can see some people getting on his back over the style of the win or something. It seems some people are just so eager/worried that he will fail they are viewing every little thing he does as a failure in some way.
Not to mention, all this "it's a big job/huge step up" stuff that Moyes is supposedly coming out with is not him calling a presser to announce to the world that he's bricking it, it's honest answers to journalist's questions. This over-scrutinising of every move he makes is growing wearisome and the season hasn't even started yet.

Comsmit

Not to mention, all this "it's a big job/huge step up" stuff that Moyes is supposedly coming out with is not him calling a presser to announce to the world that he's bricking it, it's honest answers to journalist's questions. This over-scrutinising of every move he makes is growing wearisome and the season hasn't even started yet.
Get used to it. The man has stepped into the biggest shoes in English football, of course his every move will be scrutinised....that's the nature of the beast.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Didn't I tell you all Moyes knows how to beat Swansea at the Liberty Stadium? Three years, three wins. 0-2, 0-3 and now 0-3 up after 75 minutes today.

Chill. Moyesy's got this.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Very impressive start against a very difficult team away from home - brilliant :cool:

jeff_goldblum

I didn't want Steele to leave simply because I thought De Gea might benefit from the continuity but the change doesn't seem to have affected his development at all. He's looking great, as ever, and is more confident than ever challenging strikers in the air.

I think later on in the season when all the dust have settled and we're right up there in the race people wont be as upset with the personnel turnover.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
I'll be damned, it's almost starting to look as though Moyes isn't completely clueless and random people on the internet don't know everything.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I'm still not convinced. Keepers are like tennis players I always say