Manager Poll

Who do you want to manage Manchester United next year ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Better keep the crap manager you know :)
TBF there are 4 options there that aren't real options and for me it's a case of if not Tuchel, then may as well keep Ten Hag while McKenna continues to grow. There are benefits to keeping ten hag another year, despite his poor performance this year (message it sends to the squad that they can't just down tools when unhappy, gives him another year after the strong first year but very poor second and giving him a bit of slack due to all the issues he had this year, buys time for the next manager if we aren't convinced with Tuchel, etc). I'd rather keep Ten Hag than most of the others on that list, while Alonso isn't leaving and Zidane isn't coming here so there are only really 2 options

lysglimt

Scout
My main reason for not 100% having decided I want him sacked is that I am not convinced by any of the managers mentioned - but if you look at his season, he deserves to go

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Hard disagree. McKennas achievement is far more impressive than Howe and Potters.
Howe is such a overrated manager
If you're saying that, you must simply just not know what they've done.

Howe took Bournemouth from the bottom of League Two to the PL and stabilised them in the PL for five years. Potter took a team from the 4th tier of Swedish football to the knockout stages of the Europa League (which is absolutely ridiculous, and the kind of thing that should only happen on FM).

McKenna has nothing but recency over them.

Lyng

If you're saying that, you must simply just not know what they've done.

Howe took Bournemouth from the bottom of League Two to the PL and stabilised them in the PL for five years. Potter took a team from the 4th tier of Swedish football to the knockout stages of the Europa League (which is absolutely ridiculous, and the kind of thing that should only happen on FM).

McKenna has nothing but recency over them.
Bournemouth have looked fine under the last two managers as well.
More about structure.
McKenna has had a similar rise except got them promote in one of the most competitive championsship seasons in many years if not ever, despite having a nothing budget compared to several competitors.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Bournemouth have looked fine under the last two managers as well.
More about structure.
McKenna has had a similar rise except got them promote in one of the most competitive championsship seasons in many years if not ever, despite having a nothing budget compared to several competitors.
He took Ipswich them from midtable League One to the PL (and obviously hasn't had the chance to prove he can keep them there, which is the hardest bit). It's a great achievement, but it's not unprecedented, and a lot of the sheen would be taken of it if they had a Burnley/Sheff Utd season in the Prem, which isn't unlikely at all.

Howe took Bournemouth from the bottom of League Two to the PL and kept them there for five seasons, and Bournemouth are/were a smaller club than Ipswich with even less resources. There's just no grounds for saying what McKenna has done is better somehow right now.

mintyred

Apparently people want more suffering under Ten Hag. 8th wasn’t bad enough.

ScholesyTheWise

It's really annoying, I want him sacked but I don't watch football outside of United so I've no way to know who might be an apt replacement.
Same with players in the transfer market really :/

DavelinaJolie

Apparently people want more suffering under Ten Hag. 8th wasn’t bad enough.
Would he be in the lead if you took off the unrealistic/not available options (Zidane, Alonso, Motta)? I doubt it.

But as other have said, it's one against several other options. Most want someone else, there's just no consensus on who, which speaks to what a weird market it is.

Blood Mage

At this point you have to add Glasner to the poll, what he's doing at Palace is incredible so far.

gaffs

United Hobbit

People still want ETH? Wow

He could win the FA cup 10-0 and I'd still sack him for how pathetic this season has been

Cwall22

Picked ten Hag, because I don't mind sticking with him, but there some good options out there if we decide to part ways with him
Which ones are the good options? Managers with inconsistency, Tuchel, Poch etc.
Managers with one season doing well , De Zerbi, Alonso, Potter?

I see no one with a better track record than Ten Hag, build the team and give Ten Hag chance with a revitalized squad IMO.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
We should obviously go for Zidane. He won the Champions League three times so he'd do that with us as well. Durr!!!

Am I doing this right?

BuzzKillington

Changed my vote to Eboue. I really want a new manager, but none of the above are really doing it for me.

I miss the simpler times when I used to think we were a couple of players, and a few coaching sessions away from becoming relevant again.

mu4c_20le

The poll is now more about guessing who will win. Everyone likes to win.

Nicolarra90

I'd like to wait a year for McKenna to see how he does with Ipswich.
So ETH or Eboue.

Voted for McKenna although.

Melville Red

A pity McKenna hasn’t had a year or two in the PL and for that reason alone I think it’s a no, for now.
IF we win the cup will we again sack an FA Cup winning manager? One way of going into the history books I suppose.
After saying all that who really is a standout candidate for the job? Of all those names I’d rather stick than twist and see how things pan out next season.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Not sure why unattainable names are on there, it dilutes the poll. Alonso just signed a new contract for Leverkusen
And hell will freeze over sooner than Zidane would even consider United job

Melville Red

I'm probably being too romantic about it, but I'd go McKenna. Can you imagine if it worked out?!
A lot of talk about Chelsea being interested in him. I hope for his sake he doesn’t go there,I actually think it’s ran worse than Utd. Rather he stay where he is or move to Brighton.
i mentioned McKenna before Ipswich were promoted but I just think the timing is wrong, he nee£s a few years, maybe just two seasons in the PL just to acclimatise to the pressures of the league. If he does well then make a move and I think patience will help Utd, I just have a nagging feeling that ETH might have a much better season next time round and I hope that’s with us.