g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester City 17/18 discussion | "If you're here for the Champions clap your hands" (#6505)

Denis_unwise

Yeah I almost want City just to wrap it up quickly now. Not sure I could take it if they Devon Loch it and we end up only missing out by a handful of points.
Wouldn't put it past them to pip us on GD. Think it would be the third time in 6 years.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Quite a lot of optimism and glee on this forum lately.

Does it not concern any of you that maybe we're not quite at our best yet, and that we'll improve again next season?

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches

Does it not concern any of you that maybe we're not quite at our best yet, and that we'll improve again next season?
Judging from history that never happens with clubs who have won the league in the last decade. City and Chelsea especially find it difficult to retain the league.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

You will improve and win 38 games in the season?

I don't see this city team improving, you got knocked out because of the manager trying to be a smart arse in the 1st leg. I think you will be at the same level but with different personnel.

Retaining the PL is extremely difficult, because you have multiple clubs with lots of money. An example is the derby. Normally, if you were Bayern Munich or Barcelona you would be able to buy up all the talent in the league. But in the PL you lost out on Sanchez. Sanchez was instrumental in our fight back.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

Not quite at your best?
Don’t make me laugh.Most teams have thrown the towel in against you all season, beaten before they started.In the last week Liverpool & United have exposed Pep’s feet of clay.

el3mel

May all the talk about being the best English team in history dies for ever. Very good team, great league season, but I can count at least 3 English teams in history that were better, 2 of them are United ( 99 and 08 ).

Trizy

Of course you will. Pep is gonna spend massively, again.

ChaddyP

Judging from history that never happens with clubs who have won the league in the last decade. City and Chelsea especially find it difficult to retain the league.

only 2 managers have ever retained the league title. SAF and JM. I hope it continues like that :D

Ban

That goes without saying. You'll probably go into the market for a new keeper and 2 new CBs. At least.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Both teams will look to improve over the summer and they have the funds available in order to achieve that, but it's only logical to expect United to improve further simply because we have significantly greater room for improvement than City. The gap will close over the summer.

Jose doesn't like finishing second and neither do his employers. We will be coming for the title next season.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
That incredible goal we scored against Arsenal at the Emirates - the one that ended in Sané bundling it in after a 20+ pass move - wouldn't have worked in the same way if Fernandinho had been on the pitch. Gundogan's much better at controlling the ball in tight areas and he was integral in making that move happen. We'll miss Fernandinho's defensive abilities and the knack he has for spotting danger before it happens against Spurs but against Swansea Gundogan should be more than enough.
Add a 3-1 win at Spurs to Gundogan's collection of helping us get great results while playing in the holding role.

Treble

City have won all PL games in which both KDB and Silva started except Everton at home when Walker got a red card in the first half. Sterling did not start this game though. Which means that City have not lost a single point so far with KDB, Silva and Sterling in the starting XI.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Both teams will look to improve over the summer and they have the funds available in order to achieve that, but it's only logical to expect United to improve further simply because we have significantly greater room for improvement than City. The gap will close over the summer.

Jose doesn't like finishing second and neither do his employers. We will be coming for the title next season.
It'll be much closer next season I agree. Think Chelsea will be in the mix too, they seem to do win the title, get the manager sacked, win the title, get the manager sacked.

Richard Cranium

Mercenary cnuts playing for a plastic meaningless football club sponsored by an actual State known for human rights atrocities meanwhile their pretentious overrated chequebook manager puts a bouquet on his jacket to promote democracy, hypocrite.

Title means nothing when you've literally just continually invested £3 billion of blood money through financial doping.

Pathetic. State sponsored football.

Pointless season really.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Most dominant title win I can remember in my lifetime

Never seen so many teams beat so easily at times

The Premier League clubs have to raise their game for next season

padr81

Supports
Man City
Mercenary cnuts playing for a plastic meaningless football club sponsored by an actual State known for human rights atrocities meanwhile their pretentious overrated chequebook manager puts a bouquet on his jacket to promote democracy, hypocrite.

Title means nothing when you've literally just continually invested £3 billion of blood money through financial doping.

Pointless season really.
Lol, you make this even better.

£3bn? Our £3bn was the reason you couldn't beat West Brom at home? Also where did you pull that figure from?

Mister_Stubbs

I can only imagine that this feels like it did back when I’d take over every club on championship manager and buy my shittest players for stupid amount of money and then win the league because I had all the best players. Very hollow indeed.

Seriously though, congrats.. thank those Arabs for everything because without them you’d still be a nothing club.

I am taking this well, promise.

Nickosaur

I know it's been a forgone conclusion for weeks (months?) now... but I just saw the headline on BBC Sport confirming that City are champions. Still stung, not going to lie.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Pointless season really.
Not the time for this mate.

We'll be back stronger than ever.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
People can claim that it's not just the money, but you don't dominate the PL like that without Arab money. Simple as that. Proof of that is that it hasn't been done.

Xeno

Ugggg that hashtag is fecking cringe. OurTimeOurCity

Who the feck comes up with this. Plastic shithouses.

Thunderhead

Supports
City

Pointless season really.

Hope you don't have a cat :D

1Manchester

Supports
Manchester City
In the end, I wasn't surprised that City were going to win the title. What I was surprised was how the title it ended up being won, not in the Eastlands against United as I thought, but rather in the rain in Old Trafford against West Brom of all teams.

It'll be much closer next season I agree. Think Chelsea will be in the mix too, they seem to do win the title, get the manager sacked, win the title, get the manager sacked.
I think this this time round it is going to be a lot harder for Chelsea to simply bounce back and be a serious contender for the title, partly because the squad quality is worse than what it was during Conte's first season, partly because they also have to play in the Europa League (unless they properly address both the squad quality and strength in depth issues) and partly because it was Conte more than anyone else that won them the title last time round.

So if they sack Conte and avoid doing what it is needed in terms of trasnfers, forget them being title contenders next season.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City

Pointless season really.
Who’s bitter now? :drool: