Manchester City 17/18 discussion | "If you're here for the Champions clap your hands" (#6505)

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Sky Sports News "City 3 Premier League titles, Man United 13 Premier League titles"

Why are they acting like English top flight football only came about in 1992?

Such a stupid attitude to have

Mister_Stubbs

Sky News "City 3 Premier League titles, Man United 13 Premier League titles"

Didn’t you know football only begun in 1992? Or 2008 in City’s case.

Nickys Butt

Sky News "City 3 Premier League titles, Man United 13 Premier League titles"

That's just Sky being Sky, it's always about them. Congratulations City very well deserved, doesn't even piss me off to be totally honest, its just fecking Liverpool that get under my skin :lol: Come on Roma!

Last edited by a moderator:

LuenerLinguist

Prior to 1992 it wasn’t called Premier League, so technically it is correct. But I agree.

Denis_unwise

They were always going to pick up a few titles. Spending those kind of sums guarantees success.

There has been something spectacular in all their title wins though & every one will be remembered through the ages. The Aguero moment was sublime. They then went to the ridiculous of Slippy G. This seasons was the craziest of the lot though. Most likely a record points, goals & win total. What will always be remembered though is that they produced 1 of the biggest bottle jobs in PL history though by failing to win it against us at home from 2 -0 up.

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
Bluemoon said:
Just been out with the dog.

On the way back, I saw a bloke, probably in his 50s, wearing a baseball cap, carrying what looked like a pool cue case. As I passed him, I caught a glimpse of what I thought was a rag badge on his cap, so I thought he’d been to a pub/social club to watch the game.

I asked him, "Is that a u****d badge?"

"Yes," he replied.

"I’m a City supporter".

"I’ve just got back from the swamp and they were shocking".

"I thought they were brilliant," I said.

"I bet you did," he answered and walked on. He then turned and said, "Congratulations," to which I replied, "Thank you".
Love the stories they come up with on BM

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Beat all of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs home and away. Beat both Liverpool and United once.
24/30 points against the top 6.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
What’s with the sudden influx of City fans on here...haven’t you got better things to be doing right now than being on a United forum?
To be fair there's a shit load of United fans on here just dying to sing their praises also. Andy Goldstein on Talksport today was saying that he couldn't get his head round a rival supporter actually taking the time to phone his show and congratulate City. He just couldn't accept it.

I have to agree with him. I could never congratulate any rival on winning any type of title or competition. It just doesn't make sense!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
To be fair there's a shit load of United fans on here just dying to sing their praises also. Andy Goldstein on Talksport today was saying that he couldn't get his head round a rival supporter actually taking the time to phone his show and congratulate City. He just couldn't accept it.

I have to agree with him. I could never congratulate any rival on winning any type of title or competition. It just doesn't make sense!
Think I have watched two of their games, the ones against Liverpool as one of them was going to suffer. I haven't watched any other. Not I am afraid out of distaste. More out of knowing they were better than us and didn't want to see it. Pure jealousy at how I would like our team to play, even sometimes. Hate admitting it. I will not congratulate them though even though they deserve it.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Beat all of Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs home and away. Beat both Liverpool and United once.
24/30 points against the top 6.
Didn't check, but I think that's at least as good as the best season Pep managed here at Bayern; at least one was considerably worse.

AshRK

Job well done. It's sad after stopping them last week, we gifted them the title this week, just like we did back in December.

If you're here for the Champions clap your hands

C3Pique

Deserve a points deduction for this shite. I know United are corporate but nothing we have done has EVER made me cringe as hard as this.

Trizy

How small time are they that they had to involve us in their celebration post :lol:

"Our City"

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Deserve a points deduction for this shite. I know United are corporate but nothing we have done has EVER made me cringe as hard as this.
Like the 'our time, our city' comment wasn't embarrassing enough, they went and topped that with this absolute travesty.

Last edited:

oakiecokie

Supports
man city
Do five minutes of research into your owners and you'll see the truth pal.
You need to look at your own clubs owners. The Yanks are the top of the list when it comes to dishing out atrocities in other peoples back yards.

But I suppose the truth always hurts.

Xeno

By far the best team this year, playing great football. Also a shithouse plastic club doped on oil money and blood bags.

They are not mutually exclusive.

A-boateng

Nobody cares about them when they win the league.
It's not even sour grapes. They are an artificial club that really has no soul. They won the lottery and just bought a collection of expensive players and expensive managers.
The likes of Arsenal, Barca, Madrid and even Pool, although have all spent alot of money, at least there's history and tradition attached with those clubs that goes back years.
I can't say the same for City.

Reactions: SteveJ

nimrod

Supports
Man City
Nobody cares about them when they win the league.
It's not even sour grapes. They are an artificial club that really has no soul. They won the lottery and just bought a collection of expensive players and expensive managers.
The likes of Arsenal, Barca, Madrid and even Pool, although have all spent alot of money, at least there's history and tradition attached with those clubs that goes back years.
I can't say the same for City.
So the fact that City are 128 years old isnt history or tradition ?

They won the FA cup in 1904 (not history I suppose)

In the 1930s, Manchester City reached two consecutive FA Cup finals, losing to Everton in 1933, before claiming the Cup by beating Portsmouth in 1934. During the 1934 cup run, Manchester City broke the record for the highest home attendance of any English club in football history, as 84,569 fans packed Maine Road for a sixth round FA Cup tie against Stoke City in 1934.
Twenty years later, a City team inspired by a tactical system known as the Revie Plan reached consecutive FA Cup finals again, in 1955 and 1956; just as in the 1930s, they lost the first one, to Newcastle, and won the second. The 1956 final, in which Manchester City beat Birmingham 3–1, is one of the most famous finals of all-time, and is remembered for City goalkeeper Bert Trautmann continuing to play on after unknowingly breaking his neck

United shared City's ground during the war.

in 1968, Manchester City claimed the League Championship for the second time, clinching the title on the final day of the season with a 4–3 win at Newcastle United and beating their close neighbours Manchester United into second place. Further trophies followed: City won the FA Cup in 1969, before achieving European success by winning the European Cup Winners Cup in 1970, beating Gornik 2–1 in Vienna.. City also won the League that season, becoming the second English team to win a European trophy and a domestic trophy in the same season.

None of the above of course is 'history or tradition' according to you ?

TBH you sound a wee bit bitter at City's success.

Jack - City Fan

Supports
Man City

You've gotta wonder who it is in football clubs who's like, yeh, this is real good. This'll get them going.