Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
:lol: :lol: So awkward he is during these interviews. Get some training from Jose, baldy. Even during his "I have got nothing to say" rant last year, Jose was more composed.

..and what is that supposed to mean? You are here for 3 maybe 4 years but 'process' of retiring has started? Retiring too needs a process now and from 4 years prior? ffs.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
He probably found his ziplock bag empty during half time, that is a comedown if I've ever seen one.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Good win today playing withba man down and an idiot ref. had kelechi taken his chances game should have been done. 3 points and im glad pep has come out and given such an aggressive interview. he really doesn't like English media

redNATION

Do you believe that the Premier League is the best in the world?

Looking at the performances in Europe, far from it.
Best is debatable (I personally think La Liga), but EPL is defo the most intense. Even managers who have managed elsewhere admit as much - see likes of Jose, LVG, Rafa Benitez etc.

I think Pep's seeing this first hand, playing over this Christmas/New Year period is always is shock for the first time, I remember LVG complaining about it in his first season. I'm surprised about his comments about retirement, I was under the impression that his Barca mates running City were planning for a dynasty of sorts and was thinking more like a decade.

Oneunited26

Change of subject but how confident are people that we can catch City? There's no reason why we can't but I just think they have that extra bit of quality in their squad. It's a tough ask but there's obviously a chance, it would be absolutely fecking brilliant to steal their CL spot.

On the topic of Pep, this Mourinho quote seems to be relevant right now:

'When you enjoy what you do, you don't lose your hair, and Guardiola is bald. He doesn't enjoy football.'
Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhi, Martial, mata, a 3 or 4 points behind, we not catching chelsea, no one can say any of the 2 3 and 4 spots are dead certainty. We got has much quality as any of the top sides, would not swap our best midfield or frontman

Best is debatable (I personally think La Liga), but EPL is defo the most intense. Even managers who have managed elsewhere admit as much - see likes of Jose, LVG, Rafa Benitez etc.

I think Pep's seeing this first hand, playing over this Christmas/New Year period is always is shock for the first time, I remember LVG complaining about it in his first season. I'm surprised about his comments about retirement, I was under the impression that his Barca mates running City were planning for a dynasty of sorts and was thinking more like a decade.
Think his cocky attitude of managing leagues where the top 1 or 2 clubs control the league is over when he sees the PL, when he's coming to the PL and none of the big sides are guaranteed. PPL need to separate the best league, to physically the more draining league. The top sides defiantly feel the burn more because of the physicality we feel it, where the Madrid's and the Barcelona's don't physically feel it so much. PL is not the best no, but it takes it more out of the PL sides than the rest because of the intensity, because the smaller sides do make us work harder for the 3 pts. Any side will feel it, where teams have to play at such a intensity, winning trebles in england is a hell of allot tougher. The championship is allot more physically demanding than the PL, does it make it better? no

Last edited:

Member 5225

:lol: @ people that wanted Pep over Jose (for us) because he was 'more mature' and 'more dignified' - I hope they are eating their words now!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

I think when he was at Barcelona that he said something similar, he would not be working for many years, he even took a year off from Barcelona after 4 years.

I was just testing the reaction because I am a little bit fed up when people in these forums always come with the history of intensity, because if La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A or Ligue 1 were so bad, why so many foreign players and coaches come to England?

I need to see how the English teams perform this season in Europe, I am still not convinced about the high quality football from the Premier League, yes it is physical and fast, but there is something missing for the amount of money spent.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The inference that his team having more possession should mean they don't get red cards :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

Not gonna lie, I did prefer Pep over Jose, but his presser today was so odd. Terrible look.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Good win today playing withba man down and an idiot ref. had kelechi taken his chances game should have been done. 3 points and im glad pep has come out and given such an aggressive interview. he really doesn't like English media
Don't blame him for this. However, they will make his life hell - especially if he gets some dodgy results in the near future. Got to be careful not to bait them in interviews.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Not gonna lie, I did prefer Pep over Jose, but his presser today was so odd. Terrible look.
Yeah, I was watching it thinking if he were at United with all the attention our club gets and the shit that gets written in the press - he would probably quit before the end of the season. Doesn't look like he copes well when things don't go his way....

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
It's a very poor decision to try take on the English media.

Especially from a position of weakness.They want him to fail so badly and he's falling right into their trap.

VanGaalEra

@FCBarca is a big Pep fan and remember him saying he follows his interviews etc.

What did you make of the interview, is he normally like that?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
3 of those are away too (Spurs is the only home game for City). Really would be hard to find a better crop of games for such a key player to miss, because while they aren't the 4 best teams, those are 4 games against "smaller" sides that are really tricky games normally and among the hardest away games. Obviously Spurs isn't one of the smaller sides but with City being at home, it makes it more even having Fernandinho out.

clarkydaz

Do you believe that the Premier League is the best in the world?

Looking at the performances in Europe, far from it.
no he didn't say that.
I think when he was at Barcelona that he said something similar, he would not be working for many years, he even took a year off from Barcelona after 4 years.

I was just testing the reaction because I am a little bit fed up when people in these forums always come with the history of intensity, because if La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A or Ligue 1 were so bad, why so many foreign players and coaches come to England?

I need to see how the English teams perform this season in Europe, I am still not convinced about the high quality football from the Premier League, yes it is physical and fast, but there is something missing for the amount of money spent.
I don't think anyone is saying our best teams are near Europes best. We've slipped for a few years now.

What is clear is Pep isn't used to such a level competitive playing field, used to bullying leagues with the very best tools to work with

padr81

Supports
Man City
It's a very poor decision to try take on the English media.

Especially from a position of weakness.They want him to fail so badly and he's falling right into their trap.
They are making his struggles out to be worse than they are though. hes on course for 80 points in probably the strongest rop 6 all having relatively good seasons. just like they did to Jose earlier. if we win a few in a row all will be forgotten.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
They are making his struggles out to be worse than they are though. hes on course for 80 points in probably the strongest rop 6 all having relatively good seasons. just like they did to Jose earlier. if we win a few in a row all will be forgotten.
I actually agree but the English media has never worked based on truths.

They simply pick a narrative and run with it.

Their narrative now is : Stubborn Pep playing ' un-English' football has finally met his match in the intense premier league.

Is the narrative true? Not necessarily. But they do seem to be getting to Pep, and as United fan, I am all for it.

clarkydaz

they aint poking him to give these ridiculous interviews, hes bringing it on himself. You won the game!

RedNed77

It's only going to get worse for Pep. The players look largely confused, most of them do not seem to be playing with happiness/confidence. He's started getting snarky with the crowd for not vocally getting behind the team and is having a go at the press. Rumours were he's been arguing with Txixi, he's going to run out of allies fast and I can see him bailing for Spain/Italy if it doesn't improve soon.

Irrational.

He's definitely cracking up. Maybe he said the retirement bit in the heat of the moment, but doesn't seem like a manager for the long-term at all.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
no he didn't say that.

I don't think anyone is saying our best teams are near Europes best. We've slipped for a few years now.

What is clear is Pep isn't used to such a level competitive playing field, used to bullying leagues with the very best tools to work with
I was not making a critical statement about his opinion, the only thing that looks tiring is always the same stuff from Guardiola, when guys like Wenger do not win nothing relevant in more than 10 years the press in England never put hard questions to him.

While Pep and Mourinho are always getting the stick from the British Media, with Mourinho even worse, a month ago on the Guardian the so called experts said that he was finished, guys like Wenger get a free ride by the media, just my opinion, lets keep talking about Guardiola on a good or bad way, but I believe that City and United will improve until the end of the season, I will not be surprised if Monaco beats them on the Champions League.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Did anyone see the Sherlock episode yesterday about a guy using an empty seat camouflage to hide?

I wonder if they took that idea from Citeh.

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
What midfield do you think Guardiola will send out whilst Fernandinho serves his ban?
It will have to be Fernando and Yaya, although we may see Silva drop deeper into a midfield three. I'd give Aleix Garcia a chance personally.