Manchester City under Pep Guardiola | Pep on City v Liverpool ref: "He likes to be special"

Peanut Butter

I'm not for one minute suggesting that refs are biased towards United, but when you have Richard Scudamore of all people saying things like he said below when Moyes was in charge of you, it's bound to get opposition fans talking:

Now like I said, that doesn't mean there's a directive from the PL to give United favourable decisions but it isn't exactly helpful - to anyone, including United - when the Premier League's main man is coming out with that.
Just come out and say you think the refs are bent rather than indirectly come out with your nonsense.

You City fans really do live up to your reputations of being paranoid and bitter, it's insane.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Just come out and say you think the refs are bent rather than indirectly come out with your nonsense.

You City fans really do live up to your reputations of being paranoid and bitter, it's insane.
Ha ha - it looks like from here that if anyone is paranoid and bitter it's you sunshine. Do you go to the same school as namco by any chance?

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
You really are from the bowels of Blue Moon. If you really believe that we dominated the PL due to having the ref's in our pockets you are seriously deluded. We dominated the league due to having a well executed strategy & the best manager in the history of the game. It's a myth perpetrated by other clubs with small time mentalities that Utd corruptly controlled the league. It's all used to mitigate their own shortcomings.

It wasn't our fault you decided to go yo-yoing through the leagues while we went to ever greater levels of success. It's hard to believe that you fecked things up so much that you failed to capitalize in any way on being our neighbours. You think about that.
As opposed to you who are just from the bowels.

Have a read of what I actually posted eh? Where did I say you dominated due to having the refs in your pocket? I'll save the effort: I didn't.

The rest really isn't worth my time replying to.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I think both teams have gotten their fair share of terrible decisions this season with only 1 or 2 good games/ones in reverse. I've watched almost all United games and only games I saw major decisions go there way was Palace (won 2-1), West Ham (won 2-0) and Liverpool (offside goal). I've seen them get a bunch of terrible ones too, the one on Rashford last week comes to mind.

Likewise the same with us at City, the last 6 or 7 games have been terrible decision after terrible decision, but Bravo was lucky in the derby and Nolito earlier in the season for hitting out but likewise we'd had mostly shockers. To say the 4-0 against Everton didn't effect the result is ridiculous. A stonewall penalty in a game we were shading at 0-0 and theres no way we get thrashed, we may have ended up giving up a point but thats it. Even the game we won 3-0 vs Hull was a shocker. That said Sane could have easily walked for his challenge vs Spurs while it didn't have intent it was certainly over the top.

Both teams have had similar luck with refs in the games i've watched this season. Both can feel hard done by, problem is City fans only remember decisions that go against us and for United and United fans vice versa. Truth be told ref or no ref Pep was right and it refers to both side, had we taken the chances we've been making an missing we'd both be comfortably top 4 by now.

padr81

Supports
Man City
To be fair, all the refs have been consistently shit all season, not just in United and City games.
Big time, I just think those 2 have had it hardest though maybe its because I've watched them most.

There's just some horror shows like Spurs taking an offside freekick in City's half and a couple of weeks ago Kane being offside from a throw in. The standard of officiating has been atrocious since day 1. Easily the worst season for it I can remember.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Id imagine I could throw up a City one with just as many poor decisions. Spurs fans could probably do the same for Spurs etc... though I do think United and City have had it toughest.

Djemba-Djemba

Id imagine I could throw up a City one with just as many poor decisions. Spurs fans could probably do the same for Spurs etc... though I do think United and City have had it toughest.
Probably fair.

I'd wager that no side has had more good luck this season than Arsenal though.

3KDré

Even the first one is highly debatable. It hit his shoulder/right at the top of his arm and therefore it isn't a penalty. Not to mention he was visibly trying to move his arm inwards.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Probably fair.

I haven't saw too much Arsenal but against Burnley they certainly got their fair share. Would be interesting for all the clubs to put together video's like the above into one compilation and send it to PGMOL.

WhoDaGOAT

I think we've had plenty of luck. Rojo has escaped two definite red cards. Bailly escaped one in Ukraine. Ibrahimović was lucky to get away with what he did to Coleman. Then there are the two offside goals, Mkhi's scorpion kick and Zlatan's goal against West Ham.

They probably balance out over a season.

Djemba-Djemba

I think we've had plenty of luck. Rojo has escaped two definite red cards. Bailly escaped one in Ukraine. Ibrahimović was lucky to get away with what he did to Coleman. Then there are the two offside goals, Mkhi's scorpion kick and Zlatan's goal against West Ham.

I think we've had a decent amount of luck for the last 5 or 6 weeks which has balanced things out. Up until then we were having at least one shocking decision go against us almost every week.

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Probably fair.

I've not seen enough of Arsenal's games to pass judgement but if that's the case then you should try telling the guys that run the Untold Arsenal website mate. I know there's much ridiculing on here of those on Bluemoon that are convinced there's a blanket agenda against our club but that Arsenal site is on a whole different level believe me, and that's because the site owner himself and his sidekick - an Arsenal fan from Belgium who is also a referee funnily enough - constantly peddle a line that the refs and PGMOL have universally got it in for Arsenal and have done for years. They're convinced Arsenal were stitched up by refs during the 2007-08 title run-in so as to hand United the title. Again, I didn't see enough of their games at the back end of that season to form a clear opinion but it's interesting to note that their downturn in form started as soon as Eduardo suffered that terrible injury at Birmingham so I'd hazard a guess that they're way off beam with their assumption.

salford_

Fully expect Bluemoon to have a thread soon where someone goes through every City game from start of season to end and does a tally chart how many decisions go against them.
And conveniently ignore the ones going for them. IT HAPPENS TO EVERY SINGLE CLUB FFS

Halftrack

Even the first one is highly debatable. It hit his shoulder/right at the top of his arm and therefore it isn't a penalty. Not to mention he was visibly trying to move his arm inwards.
Uhm, he visibly uses his upper arm/shoulder. It's pretty clearly deliberate, and a clear handball.

Janson

I've not seen enough of Arsenal's games to pass judgement but if that's the case then you should try telling the guys that run the Untold Arsenal website mate. I know there's much ridiculing on here of those on Bluemoon that are convinced there's a blanket agenda against our club but that Arsenal site is on a whole different level believe me, and that's because the site owner himself and his sidekick - an Arsenal fan from Belgium who is also a referee funnily enough - constantly peddle a line that the refs and PGMOL have universally got it in for Arsenal and have done for years. They're convinced Arsenal were stitched up by refs during the 2007-08 title run-in so as to hand United the title. Again, I didn't see enough of their games at the back end of that season to form a clear opinion but it's interesting to note that their downturn in form started as soon as Eduardo suffered that terrible injury at Birmingham so I'd hazard a guess that they're way off beam with their assumption.
You can go to any clubs forum and you will find people moaning that refs are against them.

padr81

Supports
Man City
....how? There's no offside on throw ins...how....
Thats my point... see below

Really looking forward to @padr81's answer to this.
I wasn't on abut the City game or goal, just a few weeks ago Kane was flagged offside and a freekick given against him from a Spurs throw. Was in there game v Chelsea. Shocking decision too...
He was though marginally offside for the leveller vs City too.
http://www.talkingbaws.com/2017/01/...as-harry-kane-is-ruled-offside-at-a-throw-in/

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Pumplex

I absolutely do not agree. You've had nothing but the normal rub of the green; it's just that the blatant pro-united refereeing bias you enjoyed under SAF's watch is no longer there, so it perhaps seems to you lot that you are hard done by.

I was reminded on Bluemoon recently of Mike Riley's performance in the famed Arsenal-United game at Old Trafford with Vieira and Van Nistlerooy et al (if I remember correctly, the one that ended their unbeaten run). United committed AT LEAST 4 straight red card offences that day, maybe more and not a soul was even booked for any of them.

Against this backdrop, anything even vague fair, seems like you are being harshly done by.
Considering the video evidence posted a few posts above...do you actually still hold this opinion? @Ronetta

prath92

The point was in response to ronetta posted that we have had lots of ref decisions in our favour

That said the Coleman thing was never a red. It was a yellow (which was given I think?)

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
You can go to any clubs forum and you will find people moaning that refs are against them.
Of course you can, but that wasn't my point - it was moreso that the site owner himself peddles the line that the refs are all corrupt and have it in for Arsenal. There's no other forum that I know of where the site owner themselves do this. Then again, it's a weird site in other ways as they ridicule any Arsenal fan that dares to even mildly criticise Wenger or the people that run the club.

VanGaalEra

Of course you can, but that wasn't my point - it was moreso that the site owner himself peddles the line that the refs are all corrupt and have it in for Arsenal. There's no other forum that I know of where the site owner themselves do this. Then again, it's a weird site in other ways as they ridicule any Arsenal fan that dares to even mildly criticise Wenger or the people that run the club.
Arsenal mania?

M18CTID

Supports
Manchester City
Arsenal mania?
I wasn't aware Arsenal Mania did that to be honest - it seems a decent, mild-mannered site overall. Untold Arsenal is literally on another planet though - there are some good posters on there to be fair, but the overriding majority hang on literally every word of the site owner who, on many occasions, can't even get his facts straight and when he's called out on it he invariably goes quiet.

Last edited:

VanGaalEra

I wasn't aware Arsenal Mania did that to be honest - it's seems a decent, mild-mannered site overall. Untold Arsenal is literally on another planet though - there are some good posters on there to be fair, but the overriding majority hang on literally every word of the site owner who, on many occasions, can't even get his facts straight and when he's called out on it he invariably goes quiet.
I haven't seen it on Arsenal Mania, I haven't heard of Untold Arsenal so didn't realise you dropped in the name of the actual site :lol:

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Was disappointed to see the video of City fans chanting about gassing, but fair play to the City fan who filmed it.

Janson

I don't doubt that's true but I was commenting more on blaming refs in general, maybe shouldn't have quoted your post in particular.

You can look in any match thread though, on different forums and there will be someone on every page mentioning the refs decisions, how bad they are. Then some go as far as thinking it's a conspiracy against them, then others tag along and so on.

The fact that the site owner of that forum has these views just means he/she happens to be one of these delusional fans.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Was disappointed to see the video of City fans chanting about gassing, but fair play to the City fan who filmed it.
Was absolutely disgusting. Hopefully they are found and banned for life. Same as any fans who make fun of Munich, Hillsborough etc... Disgusting stuff.

DanClancy

Apart from Sterling the last 2 weeks what bad decisions have City been on the wrong end off?

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Was absolutely disgusting. Hopefully they are found and banned for life. Same as any fans who make fun of Munich, Hillsborough etc... Disgusting stuff.
After what @Polite_Poster said I checked out what was being said over on Blue Moon about the incident, a very encouraging read!

This has largely gone away at Spurs games, you may or may not realise that we've had a lot of problems at European games in the last few years, but domestically it's pretty much disappeared, with one club being the notable exception.