Manchester United 2:2 Steven Gerrard's Villa (Sat 23rd July, 10:45 UK time)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Venue: Optus Stadium, Perth, Australia
Kick off time: 17:45 local, 10:45 UK
Channel: MUTV

Nero

Deserves more respect. Gave us one of the best days of our lives.

Bwuk

De Gea
Dalot - Varane - Lindelof - Malacia
Fred - Donny
Sancho - Bruno - Rashford
Martial​

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
At least this thread Will not contain any Fish puns.

Time to knock Villa off the perch.

FatTails

I’m now really excited to see how ETH’s first real test against a top manager will pan out.

I really rate Potter, and these preseason games should help us prepare well for our season opener against his team.

Tibs

De Gea
Dalot - Varane - Lindelof - Malacia
Fred - Donny
Sancho - Bruno - Rashford
Martial​
That's what I'd go with, unless Martinez joins the squad, in place of Lindelof

copen1945

He had the slip and the five minutes. He deserves a trophy for his significant contributions. Give him the Australian Epoch Cup, sponsord by Fosters, and sponsored by Australian Tourism, and sponsored by Australian Iron Ore Consortium.

themanguydude

It Varane returns from injury and he plays LCB while Maguire plays LCB, that would further cement that the starting CBs are Maguire/Martinez

Chairman Steve

Are people still rating Gerrard as this soon-to-be managerial maestro like when he first joined Villa? I have him as an outside bet to be one of the first managers sacked in the upcoming season.

TheReligion

Abusive
Are people still rating Gerrard as this soon-to-be managerial maestro like when he first joined Villa? I have him as an outside bet to be one of the first managers sacked in the upcoming season.
Yeah I find it odd he’s being referred to as a ‘top manager’ in here.

He’s got potential, sure, but no more than Viera who were just played against.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The pressure will definitely be on him this season with how Villa spend. He is definitely more Lampard than Potter, I agree he will likely be sacked this season - just a shame it will likely mean he'll never get the Liverpool gig.

Blood Mage

It Varane returns from injury and he plays LCB while Maguire plays LCB, that would further cement that the starting CBs are Maguire/Martinez
Playing two CBs on the left side would be an unusual tactic, Erik is quite the innovator :smirk:

Denis79

He is a maestro, Liverpool should give him the gig and fast before their legend leaves for Madrid, Bayern or PSG.

FatTails

Thats a good shout. He’s spent a lot of money there and odds are good that he’ll fall short of expectations