g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United 2:2 Steven Gerrard's Villa (Sat 23rd July, 10:45 UK time)

Bondi77

Right, let's wait until he loses the armband, then we can boo him without being labelled a glory supporter.

Look, I don't mind the guy as much as others do, in fact I think he would look solid if he had a functioning midfield in front of him. But the reality is that last season was a shitshow all around and he was awful along with being a crap captain. Fans have the right to call a spade a spade.
Booing a player does not make a player play better so why would you do it if he plays for the team you support??

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Top reds coming to the fore here. :lol:

Just to avoid all the "fake supporter" responses - there's more than one way to support a club, booing a player who has been subpar for 12 months is perfectly fine, as is not booing the same player, just like there's more than one way to cook an egg.

Stop preaching about fake fans etc.

Tiresome.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yes he was very bad but so was most of the team… no one’s booing rashford or any of the midfield. If the midfield wasn’t so crap and got walked through all the time then our defence would look a lot better anyway.
The captain has more responsibility though. But yeah, they could've booed the entire team if you ask me.

OrcaFat

Gerrard to be sacked 2nd, right after Lampard. There’s no player I dislike more than Gerrard, I hope we fecking smash them, and I hope someone tackles the cnut in the technical area.
Exactly how I feel all day long. Unless I’m busy or distracted, I’m daydreaming about Gerard having mishaps and crying inside.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The captain has more responsibility though. But yeah, they could've booed the entire team if you ask me.
I think we’ll see a much improved team this season as we’re playing as a team and look like we’ll function a lot better in a set system. I do think we should of give someone els the captains armband though… Ronaldo or Fernandes would be my 1st choice, Or even De gea.

Idxomer

I think we’ll see a much improved team this season as we’re playing as a team and look like we’ll function a lot better in a set system. I do think we should of give someone els the captains armband though… Ronaldo or Fernandes would be my 1st choice, Or even De gea.
Ronaldo? :confused:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Top reds coming to the fore here. :lol:

Just to avoid all the "fake supporter" responses - there's more than one way to support a club, booing a player who has been subpar for 12 months is perfectly fine, as is not booing the same player, just like there's more than one way to cook an egg.

Stop preaching about fake fans etc.

Tiresome.
Booing one of your own players at a pre-season game for no fathomable reason doesn’t make you a fake supporter. It makes you a colossal bellend. To use the catchphrase of another colossal bellend - hope this helps.

Samid

Booing a player does not make a player play better so why would you do it if he plays for the team you support??
Tell that to Real Madrid fans. If you don't perform, you are booed. If you don't improve, you are booted out of the club. Shame United fans have a holier than thou attitude to this.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Booing one of your own players at a pre-season game for no fathomable reason doesn’t make you a fake supporter. It makes you a colossal bellend. To use the catchphrase of another colossal bellend - hope this helps.
This is also correct

Teja

Is this the death of McFred finally? I liked the look of VdB + Fred in a deeper role in the second half last game.

I was really hoping for Fred + Iqbal but I'll take this.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Most likely the team which starts the Brighton game bar McTominay for Van de Beek.

Teja

Most likely the team which starts the Brighton game bar McTominay for Van de Beek.
I disagree, I think McT's performance against Palace convinced Ten Hag that the McFred midfield won't work. It will be some combination of Fred + Eriksen / Donny / maybe Frenkie.

DJ_21

If he stays… he should of been given it last season to be honest. If he wants to go though I’d give it Bruno… he always gives his best on the pitch and he’s a leader.

Samid

Season starts in exactly 2 weeks' time and we are drilling an XI without a single new signing. Great.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I disagree, I think McT's performance against Palace convinced Ten Hag that the McFred midfield won't work. It will be some combination of Fred + Eriksen / Donny / maybe Frenkie.
What you mean the half where we pinned Palace in their own half the entire game, Mctominay had a 100% pass completion rate and was key at winning the ball back high up the pitch sustaining attacks? Yeah. Sure it has. You guys really do see what you want to see don’t you. He came off at HT due to injury not because of performance ffs.

DJ_21

Need some serious squad depth for next season. Gonna have no one on the bench to come on in 2nd halves who could have an impact.

KwendaHuko

Season starts in exactly 2 weeks' time and we are drilling an XI without a single new signing. Great.
Incredible really, eeh.

We have placed all our eggs in Ten Hag basket.

It's Ten Hag or bust.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He's injured. In just two weeks time for any other than Donny? Doubtful.

buckooo1978

wonder is VDB a contender for that FDJ role....

Think he's a sharper and more progressive passer than Fred

Idxomer

If he stays… he should of been given it last season to be honest. If he wants to go though I’d give it Bruno… he always gives his best on the pitch and he’s a leader.
Ronaldo isn't a leader and after missing pre-season, he shouldn't be given any extra privileges.

I wouldn't mind Bruno because at least the captain gets some leniency from refs for whinging.

Zlatans Knee

Tell that to Real Madrid fans. If you don't perform, you are booed. If you don't improve, you are booted out of the club. Shame United fans have a holier than thou attitude to this.
Real Madrid fans are renowned around the World for being spoiled bellends and we should aspire to much higher standards. Booing your club captain because you are not happy with him is the definition of being an arse. Try booing your kids when they keep getting their homework wrong and see where that gets you. I am expecting a response of "yes but we paid 80 million pounds etc etc, we should expect more", yes and we all expect more but booing someone for poor performances doesn't help shit, apart from perhaps make you feel better.

Samid

feck. The butcher Mings in combination with this pitch is a deadly combo.

CM

Is this the death of McFred finally? I liked the look of VdB + Fred in a deeper role in the second half last game.

I was really hoping for Fred + Iqbal but I'll take this.
I think McTominay went off injured in the last game. Van de Beek for McTominay was the only change at half time vs Palace.

evil_geko

Oh look, "non existant player" VDB starts how lots of Caftards call him, of course he starts, lots of people on here were having a laugh and mocking him in first preseason games how he always started on bench saying he is finished here, it's preseason ffs. :lol:

Wrecking ralf

Would have preferred Bailly to Maguire but that’s pretty much the team I was hoping for

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Better watch out for Mings and McGuinn !

We don't need injuries before the season starts.

SlippyG will not take a step back.