Manchester United 3:1 Crystal Palace (Tue 19th July, 11:10 UK time)

micmac

The season we finished 2nd, didn't Chelsea strengthen? They spend 250m?
Didn't Arsenal strengthen?
Spurs as well, they backed Jose that season.
I never understand when people say the league was weak and stadiums empty. Another one is that Liverpool had a lot of injuries. The defensive issues they had sounds like when united always had defensive injuries and still performed optimum.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ayew’s lost it. That receding hairline is the root of it, I reckon

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ayew should be off for that, you can't push someone when you're already on a yellow.

That 2nd goal was a thing of beauty.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
National team is Scotland and he doesn't even start in midfield for them. Not good enough but we're in a ridiculous position where we haven't bought a holding midfielder since Matic.

btw "Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine"? Yeah you're getting ignored.
:lol:
Interesting to note how open midfield is now that McT has gone off, am sure you probably haven't noticed that though!

That comment regarding my tagline goes to show how little you know! :lol::lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The below written last week:

It's a very precarious situation all round really. For reasons others mentioned regarding team harmony - if Martial gets shafted again for another big name, we really will have lost even the remote hope he can come good - as well as his ego and powers of influence on and off the pitch plus the notion of him grafting in a World Cup year, where he'll be saving his legs for a last hurrah... on top of that, him not accepting rotation or being a sub...

It's a potential minefield, for sure. I think he'll want to exit mainstream football on his own terms - if he ever goes back to Sporting as a player, it'll be when he's absolutely done, and accepts it, not whilst he's still able to hit 20-35 goals a season at the top level.

ten Hag looks like a perceptive guy, so I hope he has contingencies and plans in place no matter which avenue things go down. He really doesn't need a circus during his debut season.
‘This isn’t going to be pretty. Martial is playing in a manner that earns a player a start to the campaign proper - is that just going to be yanked away from him if Ronaldo can’t find a club?