Manchester United Kits 2017/18

JB7

I highly doubt we'll be getting another grey kit any time soon.
Thought it was pretty much confirmed that next years third kit would be grey? From what I understood the Holy Trinity also also going to be in the design but more more subtly than shown in the picture on the previous page of this topic.

Gopher Brown

Thought it was pretty much confirmed that next years third kit would be grey? From what I understood the Holy Trinity also also going to be in the design but more more subtly than shown in the picture on the previous page of this topic.
Sounds like a mistake. And some gimmicky shit to go with it.

Jaxdan

Apollo, Tag Heuer, HCL, New Era, Aon, Uber, Casillero (red wine!) would all be cool.

But pretty much any of them are better than the Chevy logo, which is easily the worst shirt sponsor to have in full colour that we've ever had.

Coupled with the fact the cars are uncool and generally associated with old people in America, AND the fact that the sponsor has coincided with our fall out of the Top 4...

Just fecking get rid of it already. It's clearly unlucky and unreservedly shit.
I'm sure if you outbid the 47mil Chevy pays them a year, the club might listen to you.

That said, this old Chevy driving American likes the logo. It's better than half the other crap I see on the front of shirts across the globe. :cool:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

www.jersey777.co/Products/201718-Manchester-United-Grey-Soccer-Jersey-p17552.html

They don't look like Messers Best, Charlton and Law. They look like 3 aliens with particularly long arms and fingers have landed and come to see Old Trafford. Maybe it's Silvestre, Obertan and Prunier outside OT on one of their 'annual ex-players with odd shaped heads reunion' nights?

This may be the first kit that I won't be buying since finding cheap far east kits.
That's looks completely fake, with that front material.

www.jersey777.co/Products/201718-Manchester-United-Home-Soccer-Jersey-p17450.html

On the other hand this is a bit bland. At least it doesn't have a 'Martians at the Megastore' theme.

This looks much better but I still think it's fake as it's this years alternative kit design. Unless, Adidas are going to keep those stripes across the shoulders, indefinitely.

Jaxdan

That's looks completely fake, with that front material.

This looks much better but I still think it's fake as it's this years alternative kit design. Unless, Adidas are going to keep those stripes across the shoulders, indefinitely.
To me it looks just like the 15/16 home shirt minus the white collar trim and added black trim on the sleeves.

Paxi

To me it looks just like the 15/16 home shirt with added black trim on the sleeves.

Yeah that's true. Also, the badge lookes a little bit squashed. I don't think it's real.

When is our kits due to be released? May?

Shuriken

Even though the season was an utter disaster, this was my favourite United kit in a long while:
For sure.

The away version that season as well, the white kit with the red single stripe running down from the collar, I really liked those.

In general Nike's designs are a bit cleaner, a bit nicer.

Jaxdan

Yeah that's true. Also, the badge lookes a little bit squashed. I don't think it's real.

When is our kits due to be released? May?

Sounds about right. Just after the season and early summer. I'll know it's about to come out when I start getting those 50% off emails from the United store for this years kits.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I miss the AIG days. Simpler times.

Was really the best design. Simple, elegant, synonymous with success. Wish we could just do this overall design but with really subtle differences every year they have a reason to promote it for new shirt sales.

Alabaster Codify7

Home shirt, bland as hell.
Third - not completely against it as long as the 'three legends' are NOT black, its too intrusive. Have them a slightly darker shade of grey, or something, more subtle.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Home shirt, bland as hell.
Third - not completely against it as long as the 'three legends' are NOT black, its too intrusive. Have them a slightly darker shade of grey, or something, more subtle.
You seen em?

Paxi

Was really the best design. Simple, elegant, synonymous with success. Wish we could just do this overall design but with really subtle differences every year they have a reason to promote it for new shirt sales.
Thought this was the best kit by far in recent memory.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

On a player, I think it's just as good as the 07-09 version. However, when wearing it casually the latter looks better in my opinion. And our CL win happened with that kit too. :D Both are my favorites.

RRCE

Agreed. This kit was fantastic.

In general, it always takes a bit of time to become accustomed to the new kit designs. Also, I think there's definitely a correlation between the team's level of success and many people's opinions of the kits (mine included). When we're winning titles, it's easier to look back with fondness.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
People used to moan about nike every year wishing we had adidas. Really makes you think.

not really

Paxi

People used to moan about nike every year wishing we had adidas. Really makes you think.

not really

Yeah I remember that. Cows in a different field and all that. Or something that Sir Alex said once.

schmurnan

Just seen a post on Footy Headlines that has an "early draft" of the home shirt.

Looks nice and clean... a pretty decent design. How close it will actually be to the final release, though, is anyone's guess.

diarm

Just seen a post on Footy Headlines that has an "early draft" of the home shirt.

Looks nice and clean... a pretty decent design. How close it will actually be to the final release, though, is anyone's guess.
Looks very like this one from above:

Not sure why it has a rugby collar on it but otherwise it's grand.

Hard to believe people make a living from coming up with stuff like this though. It can't have taken more than 3 minutes on a computer to come up with that.

decorativeed

I had always thought a home shirt with a grandad collar on it would be great, but if the collar was white. This one is too similar to the current home shirt with a red collar, too. Not a fan.

Red Ryan

Starter of Rubbish Threads
You would have to go some way to mess up a classic grandad collar design but somehow this what I can only hope is a prototype has managed it. Who in their right mind wouldn't put white/black on that collar?

PoTMS

I had always thought a home shirt with a grandad collar on it would be great, but if the collar was white. This one is too similar to the current home shirt with a red collar, too. Not a fan.
If by similar you mean red, you'd be (half) right. That is nothing like the current kit which is half and half with both probably different shades of red to this, has the adidas stripes down the side and has no black trim on the sleeves. The collar is not the only thing that's dissimilar.

decorativeed

If by similar you mean red, you'd be (half) right. That is nothing like the current kit which is half and half with both probably different shades of red to this, has the adidas stripes down the side and has no black trim on the sleeves. The collar is not the only thing that's dissimilar.
Thanks for spelling all that out for me.

However, if you look at most of our shirts from the past 20-30 years, they try to make successive kits sufficiently different, usually by alternating the colours of the collar. It seems odd to me to both; keep the collar red (something that we've only had once previously in the modern era); waste a good new design of collar by making it almost invisible against the body of the shirt.

For me, the shirts Adidas did for Newcastle in the 1995-96 season were some of the best they ever made, and it'd be nice if they gave us similar treatment with a white grandad collar. It's also look very much like the shirts we wore C1912, which would be nice.

Devil81

Hard to believe people make a living from coming up with stuff like this though. It can't have taken more than 3 minutes on a computer to come up with that.

I love that, top kit.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Looks smart. Like Bayern smart. Actually like the collar.

arthurka

A bit meh but has a classic look to it..
I could see myself going for this..