Manchester United Kits 2017/18

PoTMS

That home kit, if real, would be the best kit we've had since the 07-09 home and away kits. Beautiful.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
That third kit is genius. 'Let's introduce a new kit that follows the same colour scheme of a universally loved classic that was worn for some of the club's greatest results.'

Philadelphian

That third kit is genius. 'Let's introduce a new kit that follows the same colour scheme of a universally loved classic that was worn for some of the club's greatest results.'

How can you compare this to the images of the new third kit (allegedly)? That umbro kit is sublime and what we might wear next year is as cheap and tacky looking as can be. Even if it gets cleaned up, it's still an overtly in your face and unrefined design concept. Like others have said, commemorate via some classy embroidery or marking on or under the collar.

Between adidas giving us absolute shite and the hideous logo being stuck on the front, our kits look likely to underwhelm for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
hmm
3rd kit
I knew I'd hate the third kit as soon as Adidas came up with that daft "design your own kit" nonsense. Often times, these fan designed kits would have some ugly graphics on them, and not be a design that actually looks good on a football kit.

PeteManic

Third kit is a disaster. Could they not have integrated the design into the fabric? Like the home shirt 95/96?

pascell

The problem is that it's too bold in a black fill. Imo it would look much better with just a white outline and if they took a better photo of the holy trinity, then maybe they could've added the shirt numbers and names to the back of the shirts in white outline too.

Todd

The alleged home shirt looks great, I really like the collar

The alleged 3rd kit is an abomination

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The grey kit would be nice if it wasn't grey, and didn't have any of the lower part of the shirt.

izec

Think it will look better in real life. As someone said, who cares anyway, we will wear the shirt 4 times a season.

RMD83

The version with the more subtle faded silhouette looks infinitely better but is still a pretty crap looking kit imo. I do like the supposed leaked home kit with the buttoned collar.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
If that 3rd kit is for real....then i hope we move back to Nike asap!

MrPooni

Updated version of the 3rd kit. A major improvement from the mockups posted earlier.

efraim

Can't be accused of being a gloryhunter
Why are people upset with a grey kit? Have we historically been bad with grey kits or something?

Full bodied red

In a monority, I suppose, but my favourite kit of the past few years was the black one with orange stripes we wore last season.

All clubs seem to have black kits these days, but when we wore it with white shorts I thought it was really distinctive and classy as far as second kits go.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
In a monority, I suppose, but my favourite kit of the past few years was the black one with orange stripes we wore last season.

All clubs seem to have black kits these days, but when we wore it with white shorts I thought it was really distinctive and classy as far as second kits go.
I was a big fan of that too. Great kit.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Last edited:

decorativeed

Not only have we not had a grey kit since, but grey just isn't associated with playing well or looking good. There have been only a handful of grey kits for any teams that I can remember and they have all looked awful and linked to bad football. England's 'Indigo' (definitely actually grey) away kit in the mid 90s, ours from a similar time, Everton had one in the 80s and Liverpool had a couple, most recently when they chucked away their title chances against us with Torres and Rafa.

It's just a colour that has no place on a football kit, in my opinion.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Not only have we not had a grey kit since, but grey just isn't associated with playing well or looking good. There have been only a handful of grey kits for any teams that I can remember and they have all looked awful and linked to bad football. England's 'Indigo' (definitely actually grey) away kit in the mid 90s, ours from a similar time, Everton had one in the 80s and Liverpool had a couple, most recently when they chucked away their title chances against us with Torres and Rafa.

It's just a colour that has no place on a football kit, in my opinion.
Agreed. To break it down into scientific analysis of the colour spectrum, aren't vivid and luminescent colours the best to use because they are easily distinguished in a prompt manner within your peripheral vision? Last time I checked, grey isn't on that radar. Sure Barca promoted that for some of their kits as it was an attempted aid for their tiki-taka.

Jaybomb

Oh god, I hope that third kit isn't real. It looks terrible. Potentially our worst kit ever.