g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United Kits 2017/18

PeteManic

I wish they'd treat the United shirt with respect and design it as a football shirt, rather than as a fashion item. The shirt actually makes sense and looks good with black trousers. But the kit with the black shorts and red socks looks awful.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s one the better gimmicky tops. I hated the chevron and gingham ones. Same with black trimming, really. I normally prefer white (probably why I hated the chevron in particular) but it’s okay here.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you take the stripes off then it would be a plain shirt and no connection with the railways.
Or do you want Thomas the Tank Engine chuffing along the bottom?
I don't care about the rail ways ffs :lol: why do our shirts always have to have some sort of special theme? just give us a nice looking shirt.

Jacko21

It looks like a poor fit on all of the players modelling it.

That annoys me more than the pattern to be honest - at least get the shape/fit right.

ArjenIsM3

I actually don't mind this kit. Striping looks better than on the leaked ones. Thought I'd hate it but it's better than expected. Not a great kit but not bad either. Luckily the blue kit is great IMHO and the pink one could be as well.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
They could have made the black strips white, or a darker red, or a lighter red. Or pink with neon green pugs sharting out iced donuts. Anything but fecking black.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I've seen the kit. I was just saying that the third kit looks better imo.
Ah no, I just meant to your original post about black shorts or white shorts. Thought you mightve missed the full home kit.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It looks like a poor fit on all of the players modelling it.

That annoys me more than the pattern to be honest - at least get the shape/fit right.
They are wearing the replica shirt which is a looser fit than the authentic ones. They always wear the replica's on these promo pictures but i have to admit they have never looked so bad in that sense.

stevoc

If you take the stripes off then it would be a plain shirt and no connection with the railways.
Or do you want Thomas the Tank Engine chuffing along the bottom?
So those black lines are supposed to signify a connection to railways?

How exactly?

decorativeed

Must be, tenuous link at best. Seems like they came up with the stripey design first and only drummed up the railway link after.
Almost certainly the case. It's almost like they've never seen a railway.

It's the club's 140th anniversary, so they wanted to pay a little lip service, but surely if they really wanted to pay tribute to the heritage, they'd have come up with something better than some ugly, slightly patterned black lines above a thick black band. Because that has zero to do with MUFC, Newton Heath or indeed the general concept of railways.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Those black lines are like when a toner cartridge is failing and messes your print out up.

Maybe somehow it looks better in the flesh

DesmondRGG

I like how it looks with black trousers.
Not too sold on the socks still, wonder if the alternate are white socks? Alternate shorts white or red (hope not).

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I like how it looks with black trousers.
Not too sold on the socks still, wonder if the alternate are white socks? Alternate shorts white or red (hope not).
Think I said earlier in this thread but this would actually be such a nice kit if the socks faded into white instead of red. That way it’s a logical twist on the normal kit, having all of red, white and black. Red socks just doesn’t make sense, proper butchering of the United home kit there.

Todd

If the fade from the back lines to the red body weren't as abrupt, this would actually look pretty decent.

They should've done a better job transitioning the colors.

Johannes Martinus

When I first saw this on footyheadlines I threw up in my mouth a bit. We've just now made it to the first pre season match and I'm already in love with it.

KINGD277

@JoaquinJoaquin could you pm me a link please brother. much appreciated. If anyone has got a link for the 18/19 home kit aswell and pics, please inbox me thanks