Manchester United v West Bromwich Albion

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Doubt theyll be showing it either. It's either a shit stream or try make it to 10pm without hearing the score.

It's shite, haven't seen so few games in donkeys years.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I'd like Chicharito instead of Welbeck from the start as this should really be a game where we create a decent amount of chances and I'd prefer Hernandez to be on the end of those chances as he's more clinical.

So I'd like:

De Gea
Rafael---Evans---Rio---Evra
Nani---Carrick---Scholes---Young
---Rooney
Chicharito​

But in reality I think Welbeck will start as has usually been the case this season (same with Jones likely in place of Rafael). It'll be interesting to see if Berbatov is involved in anyway as his continuing absence from the bench has been noticeable.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Sean's team
Starting XI

Bench: Amos, Fabio, Jones, Cleverley, Giggs, Berbatov, Chicharito
Not in the squad: Park, Pogba, Fryers, W.Keane
Out: Vidic, Fletcher, Valencia, Anderson, Owen, Smalling, Lindegaard

Some words to the team-selection
- I give Rafael another chance although he has pissed me off against Bilbao, but i expect now a fantastic performance from him tomorrow.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Match Stats
- Head-to-head total: 50-29-40
-.Head-to-head @Old Trafford: 31-16-12
- Manchester United's current form: WWLWWL
..West Bromwich Albion's current form: LDLWWW
- Manchester United have lost none of the 11 Premier League meetings (9 wins and 2 draws) with West Bromwich.
- Manchester United have failed to score in only one of their last 47 games, a 3-0 defeat against Newcastle.
- Javier Hernandez has scored in both of his games against West Bromwich.
- Wayne Rooney has scored 7 goals in his last 5 games, 13 goals in his last 13 games and 24 goals in the whole season.
- West Bromwich haven't won at Old Trafford since a 5-3 win on 30/12/1978.
- But they were one of three clubs (Rangers and Valencia) to deny Manchester United a victory at Old Trafford last season.
- The Baggies are having the 4th best away from home record in the league (21 points).
- West Bromwich have won three Premier League matches in a row for the first time since the 2002-2003 season.
- Two of West Bromwich’s last three wins have resulted in the losing manager being sacked (Mick McCarthy and Andre Villas-Boas).....beware Fergie :)
- Roy Hodgson has already won as many away games (8) with West Bromwich in 12 months as he did with Liverpool (1) and Fulham (7) combined in three years.
- Lee Probert takes charge of a Manchester United game for the third time this season, 3-0 win against Tottenham and 1-0 triumph at Aston Villa were the results.

Match News
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | manutd.com
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | BBC
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | Sky-Sports
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | Guardian
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | Daily Telegraph
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | Manchester Evening News
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | Birmingham Mail
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | Setanta-Sports
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | goal.com
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | football365.co.za
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | sportingpreview.com
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | The Busby Babe*
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | Stretford End Arising*
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | Red Flag Flying High*
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich | mufcinfo.com*
Preview Manchester United vs West Bromwich with David May | 7cantonas.com*
A suggested Manchester United starting XI for versus West Bromwich | The Busby Babe
Where To Put Your Money vs West Brom | The Repubik of Mancunia*
Manchester United Team News | manutd.com
Sir Alex Ferguson looks ahed to West Brom encounter | manutd.com
Wayne Rooney says Manchester United title win would be sweetest yet | Daily Mail
Carrick urges West Brom caution | Setanta
Dimitar Berbatov admits Manchester United pain | Manchester Evening News
Smalling's respect for Roy | manutd.com*
David De Gea says defenders guilty of sleeping | Daily Telegraph*
Tom Cleverley has one missing ingredient goals | manutd.com
United vs West Brom - The view from the away end Stretford End*
West Brom's Steven Reid ruled out for remainder of the season | Guardian
Roy Hodgson may have the tactical tricks to cause an upset | Daily Telegraph*
Roy Hodgson was on a loser at Anfield, says Sir Alex Ferguson | Guardian*
Roy - Safety before contract | Sky-Sports
Hodgson: I'm waiting to sign | football365.co.za
West Brom’s Shane Long looking forward to Old Trafford debut | Offaly Express
Morrison targets spot | Teamtalk
Gareth McAuley undaunted by West Brom trip to Manchester United | Birmingham Post
*Star article

Likely line-ups (Guardian)

Minkaro

That's almost exactly the WBA team I was expecting. The only difference in my mind was that I think Brunt is back to full fitness now, so he might play.

Amir

That's fecked up, they show Norwich Wigan at 4, but not United WBA at 2 :confused:
Don't they have to share the matches they show around between teams, to some extent? United wasn't a match chosen for TV, it was a Saturday kick off (I believe) and it was only moved to Sunday because of the Europa League, so nothing's changed really, but the day.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Im in England at the moment. Which channel is going to give the game life? thanks in advance.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Im in England at the moment. Which channel is going to give the game life? thanks in advance.
Pretty sure it's not on TV, you'll have to find a stream sadly. Same for the City game.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Aye, this isn't on TV in the UK.

It was suppose to be a 3pm Sat kick off but was moved because of the Europa League.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Pretty sure it's not on TV, you'll have to find a stream sadly. Same for the City game.
This is ridiculous. If I was in my country Ill be watching the game live without any hassle. In Italy Ill be seeing it in a pub. In England I can't watch the damn game.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Drap rafael for this one, cnut was completely asleep for the third goal the other night. Im thinking with a strong line up it will be Manchester United 4-0 West brom with citeh losing to swansea to send us to the top of the table

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Drap rafael for this one, cnut was completely asleep for the third goal the other night. Im thinking with a strong line up it will be Manchester United 4-0 West brom with citeh losing to swansea to send us to the top of the table
I'm guessing you mean drop. :rolleyes:

Rafael fell asleep for a few key seconds, but overall he had a really good match, Jones was less than impressive all evening.

I'd rather play Rafael at RB, he's the much better player in that position, rather than punish him & the team (let's face it) for that stupid error.

iSparky

I'm guessing you mean drop. :rolleyes:

Rafael fell asleep for a few key seconds, but overall he had a really good match, Jones was less than impressive all evening.

I'd rather play Rafael at RB, he's the much better player in that position, rather than punish him & the team (let's face it) for that stupid error.
Yes I mean drop

Rafael fell asleep and cost us what could be a crucial goal. Bench him, maybe the fecker will stay awake in future then.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Yes I mean drop

Rafael fell asleep and cost us what could be a crucial goal. Bench him, maybe the fecker will stay awake in future then.
If you put him on the bench he might have a kip anyway!

If Smalling is fit, I'd rather play him than Jones, but I still think Rafael is the better choice due to his linkup play with Nani. Jones & Nani don't appear to play well together.

iSparky

But I like to see Jones attacking the space, he is very good at it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I spoke to Anderson in my dream, shortly after I had released my pet Tiger into the wild. He told me he's out for a few weeks.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If one poor game means we should drop rafael or any other player, I wonder if evra will play till the end of season anymore.

Donut

I think Fergie will play Rafael and give him an opportunity to forget about that mistake. He did the same with Evans after the City game.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
So, where is the mecca of line-up postings, where do they show up first, the premiere league's website?

I'd be happy to look it up at a time like this if I knew the best place.