Manchester United vs Arsenal (Sat 22nd July, 22:00 UK time)

RyRy11

Decent result but that second half was hard to watch. It very much looked like we took it a lot more seriously than they did. Some meh performances but some of them are only getting their first minutes this pre season.

Fetshu

Can't look at Jorginho without thinking of that clip where Licha and Antony absolutely bullied him. :lol: Think it was back when he was still at Chelsea.

Wing Attack Plan R

Too bad Declan Rice and Don-kai Havertz didn't play, would have been interesting to see how Arsenal look with all the new players and money spent. Yes, I know they played.

Mainoo looked good, should have a place in the first team.
Mount covered a lot of ground and seemed to be available at all times for the ball.
Sancho took his goal like he actually was a false 9 by trade. He even had a burst of speed to get into the box. Definitely need that CF signing. Our front line was pretty quiet. Garnacho I think had one instance where he drove at the defense. Rashford doesn't work as a CF.
Diallo hopefully isn't out too long. Wanted to see him in these preseason games to see if he would be able to merit inclusion in the first team instead of another loan. That injury probably seals the loan.
Williams played well. Still would have him as back up to Shaw.
Tom Heaton did great in goal, couple of nice saves, good passing.
Maguire got a nice cheer at his first involvement, I didn't read it as ironic. He played well the first 10 or 15 minutes then got ropier and ropier. Hopefully he did enough to get some club to come in for him.

Abraxas

Can't say I see the purpose of that shootout.

Still, always nice to get the win over Arsenal in any fixture.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Seen nothing from Arsenal that suggests Arteta isn't getting sacked this season.
Havertz has signed P45. Terrible player and an awful fit in this arsenal team. Can’t see them doing as well as last season with him as a starter!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Vieira looked like he was facing a firing squad stepping up to take a pen in a friendly warmup shootout. :lol:

sport2793

Can't make anything of this match as it's preseason and Arsenal didn't seem to take it seriously today

RedDevilRoshi

Decent result but that second half was hard to watch. It very much looked like we took it a lot more seriously than they did. Some meh performances but some of them are only getting their first minutes this pre season.
They took it just as seriously as we did. They played their strongest XI for the majority of the game whilst we fielded two separate starting elevens for each half.

wolvored

We were all over the place 2nd half attacking wise, but overall first 11 we seem to be improving. Antony and Mount need to step it up though. 2 games in 2 days coming up next week. I Think Wrexham will be the kids and fringe players and TH will go with his starting 11 against Madrid

miked99

We've beaten them in the match
We've beaten them at penalties
Now we're gonna beat them at tiddlywinks

Blood Mage

Hope we make these cnuts pay when it matters too this season, that 3-2 defeat still hurts.

Nick7

They came out of the blocks flying to be fair. They definitely looked like they were taking it seriously up until we took control of the first half.

davidmichael

Mainoo was the best player on the pitch and will almost certainly get minutes in the upcoming season.

Solid defensively.

Much better playing out from the back without De Gea (have looked much better in all three pre season games).

Fernandes looked sharp.

Still need a centre forward but all in all we’ve looked decent so far and couldn’t have done more.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Too bad Declan Rice and Don-kai Havertz didn't play, would have been interesting to see how Arsenal look with all the new players and money spent. Yes, I know they played.

Mainoo looked good, should have a place in the first team.
Mount covered a lot of ground and seemed to be available at all times for the ball.
Sancho took his goal like he actually was a false 9 by trade. He even had a burst of speed to get into the box. Definitely need that CF signing. Our front line was pretty quiet. Garnacho I think had one instance where he drove at the defense. Rashford doesn't work as a CF.
Diallo hopefully isn't out too long. Wanted to see him in these preseason games to see if he would be able to merit inclusion in the first team instead of another loan. That injury probably seals the loan.
Williams played well. Still would have him as back up to Shaw.
Tom Heaton did great in goal, couple of nice saves, good passing.
Maguire got a nice cheer at his first involvement, I didn't read it as ironic. He played well the first 10 or 15 minutes then got ropier and ropier. Hopefully he did enough to get some club to come in for him.
No chance even pretending not knowing he was on the pitch, considering how much the MUTV commentator slated him so badly :lol:

IrishRedDevil

Not exactly full strength, just looks strong. Partey, Zinchenko, White and Jesus missing from strongest XI (I think). I don't know much about Timber, maybe he can take White's place soon. I might catch some of this, should be good.
The 2 I listed are new costing £170m. They are bought to be starters.

Glorio

Much more speed and intensity in the first half midfield compared to the second. Obviously they've played more, and so are more match fit. Oh Bruno doesn't count, he's a freak

Jezpeza

Havertz has signed P45. Terrible player and an awful fit in this arsenal team. Can’t see them doing as well as last season with him as a starter!
Worryingly for Arsenal they looked back to their peak mid 2010s there - no bottle, doing nothing with possession and no one shooting unless they are 4 inches from goal.

havertz looks just as smeg there as at chelsea as well. They will hope that things pick up.

JustinC00

Can't make anything of this match as it's preseason and Arsenal didn't seem to take it seriously today
We took it less seriously than them seeing is how we played 2 teams in each half, while Arteta played the team he started for 60 minutes