Manchester United vs Athletic Bilbao (Sun 6th August, 16:00 UK time)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pellistri, Fernandez and Hannibal the only kids looking even close to ready.

From the first team players noone really had a good game id say, Lindelöf did nothing wrong atleast.
Gore too

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Happy the fans at least got a nice goal from us.

Chairman Steve

God bless Pellistri
Viva Pellistri
Long live Pellistri
C’est magnifique Pellistri
Magnifique Pellistri

Banana Republic

Pellistri deserves that.
Him and Sancho were living off scraps for most of the game, after that first 15 minutes.
Donny and Eriksen weren’t controlling that game in the first half, despite the amount of possession we had.
2nd half was scrappy, even when they were down to 10 and just defending.

always_hoping

For the effort put in for the 90 plus minutes United deserved at least a draw. Credit to Maguire create the goal and was trying to do the same minutes before that, fine finish by Pellistri one lad certainly that should be used as impact sub more often this season.

JezChan

Very sound body work from Pellistri to hold his ground and get in a good enough shape to apply the finish! Hopefully he can either kick on and get some minutes this year to challenge Sancho for the RW squad position, or go on a good loan.

zaafi

Who said AWB cant cross :lol:
If you're referring to me, I asked if he had crossed once all match. For a right back, he almost never crosses when he has the chance. He prefers to stop, and pass it.

When he decides to cross, he's pretty good at it, which is why I asked for him to do it.

OptimisedRed

Pellistri has got to get more chances. Such an exciting player to watch and really puts a shift in. Really hope it works out for him.

IrishRedDevil

The only thing holding Pellistri back is that he can’t be registered as a youth player this season.
He will take a squad place if he stays.

Drifter

American
Great crop of youngsters coming through, future looks bright

Dannn411

At least the fans got a goal after getting screwed over in so many ways by the club. On to the main thing now.

Baxquux

Yeah, Gore just needs a good Championship or 2nd tier league loan then phasing into squad next season with cup games and maybe a January 2025 PL loan for six months. Looks naturally technical enough and competitive enough to be at least a squad player after that and save us having to spend 40m or whatever to get someone external for that role.

Woodzy

Pellistri has got to get more chances. Such an exciting player to watch and really puts a shift in. Really hope it works out for him.
Yep. He needs to get those minutes that Elanga had been getting the last couple of seasons now that he’s left. Unfortunately it might be tricky to find playing time for both him and Amad though.

red.knight

There is a place in United’s first team for Hannibal ahead of Eriksen and Mctominnay.

Banana Republic

Pellistri needs more chances to play.
He doesn’t give up, has a great engine, is skilful and can cause defenders all sorts of trouble.
He needs the experience now to push on.
A loan will be a wasted opportunity and a big mistake.
He was living off scraps for most of today’s match, with the weak central midfield we had.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Have to feel with people who've paid around €100 to endure this shit in this weather...
I don't, if you were dumb enough to pay it then that says a lor about you!

Alemar

He doesn’t give up, has a great engine, is skilful and can cause defenders all sorts of trouble.
But look at his competition on both wings. Rashford, Garnacho, Antony, Amad, also Sancho could play there, and one suspension may also end.

criticalanalysis

This MUTV post game 'punditry' is fecking horrific. I'm not sure why I've still got it on...

Like a car crash. Can't look away.

Widow

He needs the experience now to push on.
A loan will be a wasted opportunity and a big mistake.
He was living off scraps for most of today’s match, with the weak central midfield we had.
Steady on there bud, it was a good finish but he didn't have a particularly great game, definitely not a career-defining one.

RuudTom83

ow balls...stream died so I turned it off!

Glad United got the equalizer...far to many "professional fouls" from Bilbao all game...never like that tactic to win, especially in pre-season.