• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Leonzo1

Onana
    AWB Lindelof Martinez Dalot
    Eriksen Casemiro
    Pellistri Bruno Rashford
    Hoijlund

Despite the doom and gloom on here I think we beat them here. 3-1 United.
    If you ignore the hysteria of some fans we weren't as bad as some on here claim. Our worst games have been Wolves at home and the second half VS spurs. We played well against Forest and should have been 2-0 up VS spurs at half time. If not for a ridiculous offside call we would have won at the Emirates as well which no top 6 team bar City have managed to do last season. Yes we leave a lot to be desired and our play has been erratic and disorganized so far but we were more unlucky than bad this season. Having an actual striker up top will be absolutely transformative to our play I can bet my house on this. We were playing with 10 men for a full season last year and yet managed some good performances and a trophy Despite having barely one decent striker with Weghorst Martial and Ronaldo combined.

OleTheGreat

I think Hojlund and Amrabat will make a huge difference to our team and we will go out there and play positive football. 2-0 is my prediction but I hope Martinez and Lindelof are back for that.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
    Scout
    I think Hojlund and Amrabat will make a huge difference to our team and we will go out there and play positive football. 2-0 is my prediction but I hope Martinez and Lindelof are back for that.
    Amrabat has just withdrawn from the Morocco squad because of an injury, so he might not be fit for this one.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
    If Amrabat is available i'd like to see him start.

Onana
    AWB Lindelof Martinez Dalot
    Eriksen Amrabat
    Antony? Bruno Rashford
    Hoijlund

croadyman

Be nice to forget about our constant off field problems for just 90 odd minutes

USREDEVIL

I'm predicting a win but we'll probably lose. HOrrible momentum going into this. But unlucky against the Arsenholers thoughs so maybe the universe will help us out.

Onanan
    AWB Varane Martinez Dalot
    Imabat Casameiro
    Bruno
    Pallestri Hojlund Rashford.

I really hope Imabat is ok to play.

TheRedHearted

Just so I'm clear.

Fati making his debut vs. United.
    Ferguson's first game after a hattrick.
    Mitoma being Mitoma.

We're gonna get beaten.
    We held city to one shot so it’s possible, but I agree with you. Points more towards them being on form and us not being anywhere near there. Some on the forum claim we are gonna beat them is just odd. Sure we could but there’s nothing to indicate it.

RedStarUnited

We held city to one shot so it’s possible, but I agree with you. Points more towards them being on form and us not being anywhere near there. Some on the forum claim we are gonna beat them is just odd. Sure we could but there’s nothing to indicate it.
    We have been unbeatable at Old Trafford…

Red00012

I'm predicting a win but we'll probably lose. HOrrible momentum going into this. But unlucky against the Arsenholers thoughs so maybe the universe will help us out.

Onanan
    Imabat Casameiro
    Bruno

That is a horrendous attempt at spelling 3 of our players

Dve

Feels like we just lost two options in attack. Don't think we'll see Antony, he's probably not in a good place right now.

I want a more physical team:

.................... Onana

Bissaka - Lindelöf - Martinez - Dalot

....... McTominay - Casemiro

Fernandes - Eriksen - Rashford

.................. Høilund

OrcaFat

Injuries / availability permitting, I guess:

Onana
    AWB Vic Martinez Dalot
    Case
    Rashford Bruno Eriksen Nacho
    Hojlind

Amrabat on for Eriksen after 55mins.
    Pellistri to get a few minutes.
    Not too many other options I can see, realistically.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
    12 to life

Racketeering
    GBH
    Conjugal Visit
    At His Majesty's Pleasure

Reasonable Doubt
    You don't not have to say anything though anything you do say may be taken as evidence
    First Degree

Posession
    Aggravated Assault
    Contempt of Court

Redstain

It's a must win game as far as the teams away form is concerned. It means the home form must be impregnable to have any chance at a European qualification spot.

VivaRonaldo85

Amrabat and Hojilund have to go straight into the side to bring something new that could shock Brighton. They are a top class outfit who will prey on our deficiencies. I think we can beat them 2-1 with those two new boys starting and hopefully at least one reinforcement back in defence.

OrcaFat

Amrabat and Hojilund have to go straight into the side to bring something new that could shock Brighton. They are a top class outfit who will prey on our deficiencies. I think we can beat them 2-1 with those two new boys starting and hopefully at least one reinforcement back in defence.
    At home we should beat them. They’ve had a good start and were decent last season but we’re better than them, even with a few injuries. Still, it won’t be easy.

Grande

Onanan
    Imabat Casameiro
    Bruno

Olalaland
    TWB Variant Martinis Detroit
    Imabot Caesarmayo
    Brunello
    Palestrina Haajland Rashford

I agree, shit happens when you play the Arsenholers.

PS. I am adamantly convinced we will lose 1-3, but I’ll stake my house on that we will win 5-4 on penalties, Messi scoring one.

PPS. Imabot. Not.

Bestietom

Assuming that Lindelöf and Martinez make it back in time:

..................... Onana ....................
    AWB - Lindelöf - Martinez - Dalot
    ......... Casemiro - Amrabat ..........
    ..... Antony - Bruno - Rashford ....
    .................... Højlund ......

I would like Antony dropped from this side . All others OK.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Everything will depend on who is back from injuries. We are never winning this game with Maguire or Evans in defense. If Martinez and Lindelof have a good game we have a chance to not lose at home.

Hojlund will be the difference maker. Without him we are again - never winning it. With him having a good game - we certainly can

A lot of "if"s but it is a home game so - hope remains

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
    Amrabat is injured and he hasn't trained during pre-season. I doubt he will even be on bench, no way he is starting. Unfortunate but a reality

Dannn411

My team for this would be:

Onana
    AWB, Lindelof, Martinez, Dalot
    Amrabat (if fit)/Mctom, Casemiro
    Garnacho/Pellistri, Bruno, Rashford
    Hojlund

saik

With Antony now given leave of absence, more or less confirms Pellistri on the right for this match.

Bruno will be punted to the right against Bayern as Mount will be fit by then I'd imagine.

GregM40

Onana
    Awb Lindelof Martinez Dalot
    Amrabat Casemiro
    Bruno
    Mount Hojlund Rashford

Can’t see it though!

abailey123

Hopefully Antony’s leave of absence won’t see us shoehorning Rashford on to the right.

I think we’ll line up:

Onana

AWB
    Lindelof
    Martinez
    Dalot

Casemiro
    Eriksen

Bruno

Pellistri
    Hojlund
    Rashford

Subs:
    Bayindir, Maguire, Evans, Reugillon, McTominay, Amrabat, Sancho, Garnacho, Martial

If Amrabat is fit he starts over Eriksen as we need to be solid against Brighton.

RuudTom83

We have been unbeatable at Old Trafford…
    Exactly people seem to have had a Men In Black style memory wipe and completely forgot all the good things this team has done.

A few dodgy performances shouldn't cause the 180 we are seeing all over the cafe.

UTAretro

Supports
    Brighton
    Reckon we’ll give you a good game. Your home form is formidable, and I am predicted great support and something of a siege mentality from both the players and supporters. Should be a great atmosphere.

A lot hinges, as others have rightly said, on your centre-back pairing. Naturally, we are hoping upon hope for Maguire to play.

Funnily enough, I’d prefer to face a more progressive Ten Hag side than a dogged, stolid Mourinho side. In recent seasons, going right back to Potter but continuing under De Zerbi, we struggle to break down a low block. More and more players get involved in attacks (including our centre-backs) and we get picked apart on the break. This happened just the other week against West Ham - 80% possession but done three times on the counter attack.

However, I just can’t see Ten Hag doing this at Old Trafford, with all the expectations that comes with being Manchester United. He’ll try and take the game to us, leading to an open game with plenty of chances.

My prediction - 3-2 to you, but could easily be 2-2 or even 3-3. So much hinges on your team selection in defence.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    Onana
    Wan Bissaka Lindelof Martinez Dalot
    Casemiro
    Amrabat Eriksen
    Bruno Hojlund Rashford​

McTominay and Garnacho the 2 main subs?

Crimson King

Reckon we’ll give you a good game. Your home form is formidable, and I am predicted great support and something of a siege mentality from both the players and supporters. Should be a great atmosphere.

A lot hinges, as others have rightly said, on your centre-back pairing. Naturally, we are hoping upon hope for Maguire to play.

Funnily enough, I’d prefer to face a more progressive Ten Hag side than a dogged, stolid Mourinho side. In recent seasons, going right back to Potter but continuing under De Zerbi, we struggle to break down a low block. More and more players get involved in attacks (including our centre-backs) and we get picked apart on the break. This happened just the other week against West Ham - 80% possession but done three times on the counter attack.

However, I just can’t see Ten Hag doing this at Old Trafford, with all the expectations that comes with being Manchester United. He’ll try and take the game to us, leading to an open game with plenty of chances.

My prediction - 3-2 to you, but could easily be 2-2 or even 3-3. So much hinges on your team selection in defence.
    It probably is going to be more of a dogged performance akin to the job West Ham did on you, purely because we'll be missing some key players that help play the other way. Allowing an open game would just play into Brighton's hands at the moment.

I might be wrong, but I won't be surprised, nor am I against it. We need to just get as many points on the board as possible until players start to find their best form and injured players come back as reinforcements.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
    Really need some of the injury crew back for this one.

If we start with Dalot left back, with Maguire, Evans and a rookie right winger, whilst throwing Hojlund in for his first start, it could be carnage.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    Onana

AWB
    Lindelof
    Martinez
    Dalot

Casemiro
    Amrabat
    Bruno

Garnacho
    Hojlund