Kick-off
Sun, 26 October 2014 @ 4:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 66 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Clas Sified

I have no idea why I'm so confident. I have never felt so confident about a match this season. Even the matches like West Brom, Swansea and so forth. I swear we're going to take something from this game.

gasmanc

Banned
    They seem pretty confident over on The Shed

reckon it'll be one of.

My Fav:
    -----------------DDG------------------
    Rafa-----Jones-------Rojo-------Shaw
    -----------Herrera-------Blind---------
    Janujaz---------Fellaini-------Di Mara
    ------------------Falcao------------------

or

-----------------DDG------------------
    Rafa-----Jones-------Rojo-------Shaw
    -----------------Blind------------------
    ---Herrera-----Fellaini------Di Mara--
    --------------RVP------Falcao------------

Mata's just not taken his chance, and we need height hence Fellaini, when Chelsea attack Herrera, Blind, and Fellaini (if he can get back in time) should offer a decent shield to our defence.
    Louis Van Gaallardyce been picking the team this week.

VanGaalEra

So excited for this one. Really hope to see the players get stuck in from the world go and not give Chelsea time on the ball.

ZDwyr

Am getting up at 03:00 am to watch this with an exam at 01:00 pm the same day. Make it worthwhile for me United! I'm feeling optimistic so I'll predict a score draw.

Hamadovich86

Starting to freak out about this one confidence is low. Me thinks a draw would be an amazing result.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
    Scout
    Rafael-Smalling-Rojo-Shaw
    -----Carrick-Blind-------
    Valencia-Herrera-di Maria
    ----------RvP---------

Stay compact, keep their left side on lockdown with Val-Carrick-Rafa taking care of Hazard, hit their from our left with Shaw-Blind-di Maria combining. Herrera using his workrate and aggression to mark Fabregas.

I wish Falcao was there to keep Cahill et.al. on their toes with his pace and movement. In this case, RvP must have the game of his life (or more accurately, his level from 2 years ago)

Water Melon

Erm, you do realise other teams have to integrate new players into the team as well you know? Chelea for example bought Courtios, Luis, Costa and Fabregas, almost half a new team and they're top of the league. Southampton, West Brom and West Ham too.
    Chelsea are under the same manager and they are not rebuilding but bulding upon what they had last year. We are building a totally new team and are trying to play in a style that we were never used to before. Not to mention that LvG is a rookie in EPL. Give us some time, and we will be where we belong.

buckooo1978

Really think the crowd will make a difference and we will be resolute in defence

1-0 or 2-1 United with a nervy finish in either scenario

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
    We have a big advantage that we didn't play in the CL this week. I think we will see that quite clearly today after 60min. Fully expecting a 1-0 win.

pauldyson1uk

I not normally one for pessimism but I have a bad feeling today is going to be a defeat and a heavy one at that.
    I really hope I am wrong, nothing in the past couple of games has given me any confidence that we have it in us to beat Chelsea.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
    I think we have the potential for a draw, I can see us scoring first and giving us delusions of grandeur, followed by them pegging one back 20mins later, and we remain under heavy pressure for the rest of the match but manage to hold on.

Or they'll batter us 4-1 with lots of missed chances to make it more.

Andre Kagawa

Yesterday I was optimistic, but without Falcao we're seriously fecked. Please prove me wrong Robin :(

MoXoM

Well I'm working and so I'll miss the game - hence we will win!

;)

Robin Van Nistelrooy

To be honest, Falcao has not been that good for us.
    Big games need big players to perform. I know he is not at his usual best but with the quality he posses, he can destroy almost any team in this world. Not to mention the fact that he did destroy Chelsea in the European super cup.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
    Supports
    Chelsea
    We have a big advantage that we didn't play in the CL this week. I think we will see that quite clearly today after 60min. Fully expecting a 1-0 win.
    We only played one day later and it was a total stroll at home, for once I dont think that will actually make a Blind bit of difference or Mata at all.

togg

I not normally one for pessimism but I have a bad feeling today is going to be a defeat and a heavy one at that.
    I really hope I am wrong, nothing in the past couple of games has given me any confidence that we have it in us to beat Chelsea.
    yeah...I'm feeling the same way. I have an awful feeling we're going to get twatted! It's like I'm expecting to see just how far behind we are from the top two....

togg

ItsEssexRob

Supports
    Chelsea
    I can kind of understand why they are doing it. It's a bit like tempting fate from the media. If you win, well it's kind of what is expected, if we win, it's a much bigger story...journalists eh?
    I guess, it just begins to make out like even getting a draw is a poor result for us when in fact its a good result.

Mali_Zeus

I hate all this media coverage giving United no chance whatsoever. The way football is it almost certainly means we wont win.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...s-nothing-they-can-do-about-it-193623272.html
    "There shall be fear, not snacks before the match. Rafael Da Silva, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling and Jonny Evans are all capable of acting as if their brains were located in a jar. And that jar would not even be close to their empty heads. It would be in another room, in another country, in another continent. That’s how brainless they can all be, and that’s why Chelsea can expect to score whoever they have to call on as their main forward - even if it’s Dominic Solanke. Even if it’s Vikram Solanki."

This is awful, is this even journalism....

pauldyson1uk

yeah...I'm feeling the same way. I have an awful feeling we're going to get twatted! It's like I'm expecting to see just how far behind we are from the top two....
    Top 2 ? Top one, City are playing no better than we are to be honest, Chelsea are streets ahead of everybody, I think we can get a result against City.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
    Chelsea
    Top 2 ? Top one, City are playing no better than we are to be honest, Chelsea are streets ahead of everybody, I think we can get a result against City.
    Well they are a bit, but I would agree we play far stronger and as a team. Toure yesterday was woefully playing for himself.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
    Supports
    Big Days
    The team I have predicted:

DDG
    Rafael Jones - Rojo - Shaw
    Blind
    Herrera - Di Maria
    Fellaini
    Van Persie - Falcao​

Will Singh

Rafeal Jones Rojo Shaw
    .........Carrick Blind
    Herrera Fellaini Di Maria
    .............Falcao

I think Fellaini can do a job for us that's why I've chose him infront of Mata. Also think we need to pack the midfield as that's where I think the game will be won or lost from.

I'm going for a 1-0 to us as I think LVG does well in big games and he will have prepared for this game like no other at UTD!

C O M E
    O N
    Y O U
    R E D S :devil:

Raptori

Special needs
    Rafael-Smalling-Rojo-Shaw
    -----Carrick-Blind-------
    Valencia-Herrera-di Maria
    ----------RvP---------

Stay compact, keep their left side on lockdown with Val-Carrick-Rafa taking care of Hazard, hit their from our left with Shaw-Blind-di Maria combining. Herrera using his workrate and aggression to mark Fabregas.

I wish Falcao was there to keep Cahill et.al. on their toes with his pace and movement. In this case, RvP must have the game of his life (or more accurately, his level from 2 years ago)
    I thought Carrick was injured? Pretty sure LVG said so in his press conference on Friday...

GapMinder

This is a huge game for us, but not for Chelsea.

There is a combination of excitement and fear. Excitement to see what we can do and fear at the same time we will lose big. The players are feeling this too. But they will get in a mode "no way we are going to loose big - we are going to show that we are not a bunch of loosers - we ar going to give this one everything".

This is the perfect setup for greatness. And for a big win. If all the players in a team get in such a mood, and the team they are playing against is not, it gets absolutely impossible to play against it.

Biggest danger becomes a red card.

I predict we completely dominate this game after a nervous start.

This is exactly what we need right now to get confidence in the team.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
    I'm just going to expect a loss that way if we do manage a result or draw then I'll be happy

Ole Gunner Scholes

for the game i went watch back the bayern vs inter game of the 2010 champions league final.
    costa definitely will start. mourinho only used brazil as an excuse to rest him for 10 days to prepare for this game.
    You mean Spain right?? :confused:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
    Supports
    Chelsea
    We've conceded multiple goals to bottom-mid table sides this season so far and there are people in here saying we're going to hold the best team in the league and the highest scorers to no goals?

:wenger:

ryan_forlan

Gullible
    I just read this article with quote somewhere:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    If Falcao is unavailable to go against Chelsea, Van Gaal will be left with just three true forwards: Robin van Persie, Will Keane and James Wilson.

"It is difficult because we are playing [games] already, that's difficult but we have played him because I like the way he was playing so we play with two strikers," Van Gaal said. "Now I have to choose between two strikers, even three because Wilson can also play, the younger player."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is he trying to say that he will play one striker today? I am a bit confused.
    I really want Falcao to start. I know RvP will play, that is fine. Just feel Falcao's directness can put pressure on Chelsea and give us the edge.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    I just read this article with quote somewhere:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    If Falcao is unavailable to go against Chelsea, Van Gaal will be left with just three true forwards: Robin van Persie, Will Keane and James Wilson.

"It is difficult because we are playing [games] already, that's difficult but we have played him because I like the way he was playing so we play with two strikers," Van Gaal said. "Now I have to choose between two strikers, even three because Wilson can also play, the younger player."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is he trying to say that he will play one striker today? I am a bit confused.
    I really want Falcao to start. I know RvP will play, that is fine. Just feel Falcao's directness can put pressure on Chelsea and give us the edge.
    I hope this is a bit of misinformation on his part and Falcao will start. But yeah it sounds like he's thinking of using one striker. I'm completely confused as to what formation we'll be playing. Hopefully, Mourinho will be too :D

alsabi

I think this could be a low-scoring one, actually. Mourinho has the players to exploit our defensive vulnerabilities, but the reverse is also true.The conservative approach has worked for him plenty of times before against the big teams, why change it?

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
    If we can get an early goal then we will give ourselves a good chance of winning, albeit only a chance! If Chelsea get the first goal I think they will be too hard to break down..Classic Mourinho tactics would see them see out the game.

Browniee

They battered Maribor 6-0 at home, I don't expect many of their players broke a sweat. If anything Chelsea's midweek CL game was a positive for them.
    If anything we need midweek games for new players to gel quicker

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.4 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 543 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Chelsea win