Manchester United vs FC Barcelona (International Champions Cup)

WyoManU

Was happy with our kids in the second half. They are not all ready for the big time, but I do think that the likes of Perreira can play at the highest level. He adds more pace and confidence, compared to Mata who even when he gets 10 yards of space to run into he wants to slowwwwwww it down. Mata has his moments but he is not a winger. We still have a lot to work on. Don't think we can win with Jones as one of our starting center backs. Also thought Herrera showed a little of what we were missing in the first half. He always makes himself available for the ball. I also think it's worth saying that our play up front was much sharper with Rooney off the pitch.

sport2793

My only concern is that we seem to give the ball up too much in possession and that it leads to counterattacks. This needs to be fixed before facing Tottenham.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Oh yes..we can't have a thread without someone criticising Rooney now can we lads? No no was it his first touch or something?

AKDevil

Interesting performance. One both teams could take plenty of positives from. Obv they had all the ball but thought we defended well. Didn't feel like they were cutting through us and our defence was disorganised despite all their possession and shots against the post.

Think they would be much more worried by poor defending from set piece, being carved apart for second and one ball over top causing problems it did for third.

One of the most important things is Darmian v Valencia, if there was even any doubt, is settled. Antonio, Capital One Cup is you.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Get in United!:drool:
Chuffed for Lingard and Adnan...

Ixion

All the moaners singling out Blind prematch and he played fine and looks a better option than Jones the liability at CB.

carlosp

Wow! From Skysports, stupid write up.

Just as we brace ourselves for a grandstand finish, Adnan Januzaj settles the contest. An aimless punt up field baffles Bartra who stumbles and hands possession to Januzaj in the Barca area. The United winger makes no mistake in slotting the ball home from close range. Game, set and match United!
No ways was it aimless, Valencia was definitely playing in Januzaj.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
My only concern is that we seem to give the ball up too much in possession and that it leads to counterattacks. This needs to be fixed before facing Tottenham.
That was mainly because of barcas pressing though, no chance Tottenham can do that. We do need to move the ball out of defence quicker though.

Cletus

Slack jawed yokels can have good taste in football
1st half a bit of a drag, thought Memphis was better in the 2nd half.

After the subs, enjoyed how fast our attack was underlined nicely by Lingard's goal. Januzaj's was a fabulous control and turn (nice skill if he meant it, great improvisation if he didn't).

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Good game on our side. Easily controlled the tempo, especially in the second half. We had our chances, hit the post 3 times and just couldn't execute them. Defence was our main weakness throughout the game, the lack of marking on the three goals we conceded was abysmal, but I can't blame them at this early stage. I loved our youngsters performance and want to see Lucho mixing up the lineups even more. Overall it was a good game for both teams.

Mali_Zeus

Good game on our side. Easily controlled the tempo, especially in the second half. We had our chances, hit the post 3 times and just couldn't execute them. Defence was our main weakness throughout the game, the lack of marking on the three goals we conceded was abysmal, but I can't blame them at this early stage. I loved our youngsters performance and want to see Lucho mixing up the lineups even more. Overall it was a good game for both teams.
What do you make of Halilović btw? Whats the news will Barcelona keep him or will send him on loan?

Raketa run the show today. :)

Red Stone

This is getting old and predictable. Hopefully we won't beat the current CL champions next pre-season.

Because it'll be us.

Ixion

That second half team will probably win the League Cup this year if we get a decent draw.

WyoManU

No question. You guys controlled the match and are certainly a class above us. You were also missing two extraordinary players. I am always most impressed how every single player on your side presses the ball. You close down and suffocate the space so well. I wish we could do that, but for some reason we never even try.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Look lads all im saying is..we were a match for them we had a lot of our academy players on tonight and so did they in the second...why so negative? why so surprised? LVG layed down the foundations on how Barca play and he knows them better than anyone..it's no surprise we beat them (although its a pre season friendly ) It still means something and with a lot of activity in the transfer market at the moment (pedro) this does not look good for Barca! (Or Real) I think a lot of these players would like to play in the BPL....But enough of that! Rooney looked good tonight enough with the shite bollocks cnut criticisms!

Godfather

Really enjoyed the game when the kids came on. Pereira, Adnan and Wilson looked all good. Shame Rooney is undroppable