Manchester United vs Inter Milan (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

newgiz

Cleverley had an excellent half. As good as I have seen him play since a long time.

82pence

Well deserved, easily best team. I jumped out of bed when they missed then did a few silent yessss's while fist pumping :D Now sleep time to wake up with Vidal signed :drool:

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fletcher was very good tonight and his winning penalty topped it off. If he can perform how he did in the first half he could start a lot of games along with Herrera! I had written him off after his Moyes era performances in the 4-4-2 we played every week!
To be fair, Fletcher had just come back last season and was far from in prime shape. You can't just fault Moyes and his system for that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Deserved winners. We ran the show second half. Those penalties...a million miles away from that league cup tie against Sunderland.

Sam

Not that impressed tbh. Inter were woeful, but we really weren't that much better.

redevil2

It's amazing how good some of those pens were. Shows you how different it is to take one in a big game versus taking one in a meaningless friendly.
I was not confident in Young taking the first one tbh. Still nervy even its a friendly you know!

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Im getting a little frustrated with Shaws constant reliance on his covering CB, he must have made that pass more than any other in the last couple of games.

Mad Winger

The second half was better than the first half in every single way imo. It would have been interesting to see that team with Rooney instead of Nani.

Fletcher was easily MOTM. Cleverley, Blacket, Kagawa and Shaw also did really well.

Dazzmondo

Very impressive. We definitely deserved the win. Fletcher was tremendous. Honestly, most of the players today were great, minus Nani (he just failed his last test imo). Blackett looks something special. Zaha was great too. Young was great at rwb, didn't offer enough threat going forward on the left. Finally, winning on penalties? Us? Van Gaal is clearly a magician.

Thomas#7

So impressed with Fletcher. He was a commanding presence in midfield tonight.

The players are clearly still getting used to the system but boy do we already look a hell of a lot better than we did last year.

Hed Zitin

Over all it was a pretty tame effort from us. We needed to break them down and we barely did it. We pass the ball nice enough, but we need a cutting edge.

Fletcher played very well. Kagawa was good. Defense had nothing to do, but did well.

Vidic must be looking at that and going "wtf was I thinking?"

Status
Not open for further replies.