Manchester United vs Inter Milan (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw

If we win tonight we will have six points and be at the top of of our group. whoever the wins of this group will play the final against the group winner of Man City, AC milan, Liverpool and olympiakos.
4 points, LA Galaxy game doesn't count.

wayfarer

Just slang? I'm not sure what to say really.

It was the last thing I thought about when I posted it, being called racist. I'm arab myself, how could I be racist? It was a friendly say. Have you never heard or read something like "That's my boy" or Denzel Washington in Training Day "Mah nigga." wtf... you gotta open up a little bit, it confuses me to be called a racist, for god's sake.

arnie_ni

Valencia did the hard bit, got the ball back, why not just slide it back to the keeper then?

saivet

I think Valencia got lucky there. Great pace but then clumsy

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Fair enough but I completely disagree. Jones & Smalling have both been here a while now & neither looks like they have improved much since when they first joined. I understand we need to move on but Vidic is 32 not 36. We're a better team with him in it & the three at the back would have suited him perfectly.
I hope i'm wrong but I can't ever see a future in which Smalling is regarded as a player in the same bracket as Rio & Vidic were in their prime. That's the standard we should be aiming for.
I adore Vidic but look at the line we're playing in this game - 3 at the back or not, it'd be a serious ask for him to play that high up the pitch at this stage of his career. One of the few interesting bits in Fergie's newer autobiography addressed that, pointing out that Vidic and Rio gradually dropped further and further back as they got older.

I agree though that its a stretch to imagine any of our current centre backs hitting the standards of prime Rio and Vidic, which is a real concern. There's not many out there right now that we could sign to rectify that either. Its a lean period for top centre backs, especially when you factor in that this high line ideally needs pacy players at centre back as well. Ultimately I guess we just need to hope that at least one of Evans, Smalling and Jones solidify themselves as being top class this year.

wayfarer

Sure thing you big racist

You are impolite and very uptight.

It was the last thing I thought about when I posted it, being called racist. I'm arab myself, how could I be racist? It was a friendly say. Have you never heard or read something like "That's my boy" or Denzel Washington in Training Day "Mah nigga." wtf... you gotta open up a little bit, it confuses me to be called a racist, for god's sake.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
You've got to love Paddy. He's like the Grandpa you watch football with each weekend, who shouts obscenities at the TV screen as if he is at the game, and you either choose to ignore him or say "yes grandpa, you tell them". Bless him

Unlikely lad

We'll be playing with far more pace than this when the league starts.
Maybe. I just thought LvG's Netherlands struggled to break down settled defences, even with Robben in the team. Think our lack of players that can beat a man might hurt us.

Status
Not open for further replies.