Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
vs

SQUAD

Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos, Sam Johnstone

Defenders: Rafael, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Tyler Blackett, Michael Keane, Reece James

Midfielders: Ander Herrera, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Ashley Young, Wilfried Zaha, Shinji Kagawa, Juan Mata, Antonio Valencia, Nani, Jesse Lingard

Striker: Danny Welbeck, Wayne Rooney, Will Keane

Last edited:

Kaos

Moyes started his first game with a defeat. Lets hope van Gaal gets us off to a more positive start, omen wise.

Raw

That's a big ass image.

We should get to see Herrera and Shaw at least getting game time, I'm so excited :drool:

Are all our players back from the World Cup then?

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
That's a big ass image.

We should get to see Herrera and Shaw at least getting game time, I'm so excited :drool:

I actually searched for another size but there isn't one.

I'll get something different, I think.

FromTheBench

That's a big ass image.

The world Cup returnees are supposed to be back tomorrow or day after and won't be available for the first game IIRC.

Gannicus

The Rose Bowl is a spectacular stadium that's hard describe in mere words. I'll going down for the game, which itself will be just a training ground exercise but the atmosphere should be sensational.

kclord

Going to this game next week too! Very excited to see the first game in a new era, although last year's pre-season was dreadful. Hoping for a better result, but Gannicus is right: fans will be buzzing for several reasons.

Last edited:

khoazany

Quite hard to predict anything before the tour list is out but I think LVG will go for:

Lindegaard
Vermijl - M.Keane - Evans - James(Shaw if available)
Herrera - Fletcher
Lingard - Powell - Young
Wilson​

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We'll be pretty close to full strength right from the start, right? Only Carrick is injured, then RVP, Fellaini, Januzaj and Evra are on vacation still because they got out of the groups. We can probably play something like this, who knows what it'll actually look like though.

De Gea
Rafael Jones Evans Shaw
Herrera Fletcher
Kagawa Mata Welbeck
Rooney

khoazany

We'll be pretty close to full strength right from the start, right? Only Carrick is injured, then RVP, Fellaini, Januzaj and Evra are on vacation still because they got out of the groups. We can probably play something like this, who knows what it'll actually look like though.

De Gea
Rafael Jones Evans Shaw
Herrera Fletcher
Kagawa Mata Welbeck
Rooney

WC lads will join from the second matches onwards except for maybe Shaw who seem to already train with us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
WC lads will join from the second matches onwards except for maybe Shaw who seem to already train with us.
You sure? On United's home site it says that they'll all be there for the duration of the tour.
Many of United’s World Cup players will also be in attendance for the tour's duration, including Wayne Rooney, David De Gea, Shinji Kagawa and Juan Mata.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I wish I was rich so I could fly back to LA (was there on my recent vacation) and just go to this game and chill out in Hollywood after.

:(

Superpolfcb

Does anyone know if it's broadcasted on a pay channel or 'free' in the USA?

I'm there for the rest of the month but don't really have a clue which channels are free over here.

vibe

Hope we get to see Wilson take charge in attack. Would love to see more of him.
Vermiji and Keane have always struck me as good prospects, so let's hope they get some playing time as well.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Oooh, it seems like I'll have the day off on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing the lads in action again. And I'm quite excited about who of the youth players will go.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hope we win. I was one of those who voiced concerns at our inability to beat anyone last pre season hut the consensus seemed to be that it matters not how useless we look simply because it's pre season.

We all saw in the end that we were rubbish because we were, well - rubbish.

Superpolfcb

Hope we get to see Wilson take charge in attack. Would love to see more of him.
Vermiji and Keane have always struck me as good prospects, so let's hope they get some playing time as well.
Vermijl will not go on Tour (will be sold)

LR7

It seems unlikely that the lads joining up today will be ready to play as soon as Wednesday. Rooney, Jones, Smalling, Welbeck, Mata, DDG, Nani, Valencia (any more?) will probably need to build up fitness these first few days.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Think he's going to be playing players he's actually thinking of using in the league much? Since he's not really seen most the players play properly surely he'll be taking the chance to get an idea?

Would totally try and find a stream of this... if it wasn't on at 3:30am.

Evilsanta

No reason why the England players cant be there for the first game they were terrible at the World Cup and have already had a three week break.

ottosec

I think the WC players that were eliminated form group stage will fly today to the US and the others will have another week or so off. The exception is RVP who has more time off, obviously.

mata10

10 players come back today, so i think most will be there. What time is this according to IST? Anyone has any news on complete travelling squad?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It seems unlikely that the lads joining up today will be ready to play as soon as Wednesday. Rooney, Jones, Smalling, Welbeck, Mata, DDG, Nani, Valencia (any more?) will probably need to build up fitness these first few days.
Well this is why they will play. It's the whole point of pre-season is it not? We can't have players who are too unfit to play in a fitness building game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
When does the travelling squad get announced?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Hope we win. I was one of those who voiced concerns at our inability to beat anyone last pre season hut the consensus seemed to be that it matters not how useless we look simply because it's pre season.

We all saw in the end that we were rubbish because we were, well - rubbish.
As was I. People were burying their heads in the sand last pre-season when the writing was on the wall. Fact is, bad pre-seasons tend to lead to bad seasons IMO.

Rednotdead

The tour party :

Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos, Sam Johnstone.
Defenders: Rafael, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Tyler Blackett, Michael Keane, Reece James.
Midfielders: Ander Herrera, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Ashley Young, Wilfried Zaha, Shinji Kagawa, Juan Mata, Antonio Valencia, Nani, Jesse Lingard.
Striker: Danny Welbeck, Wayne Rooney, Will Keane.

FromTheBench

-------Lindergaard----------

Rafael - Keane - Evans - James/Shaw

-------Fletcher ------Cleverley--------

Young-------Herrera---------Lingard/Zaha

-------------Keane-------------------

Probably for the first game then.

RedBistro

Hope someone gets this recorded and uploaded, no way am I going to be able to watch the first game, which sucks!

FromTheBench

With this selection just looking forward to Keane * 2, Lingard, Shaw, Herrera and maybe Zaha and James.

And if we do something different tactically.

Status
Not open for further replies.