Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Isn't the VIP area going for $300? Sounds close enough to get a pic and/or autograph. Enjoy.
Yep, I'll be there for training pics and videos. Some of the players will do an autograph session at the end, which will be mobbed by hundreds of kids, so I'll avoid that bit.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
For those of you who live in California or more specifically... LA, I HATE YOU!

So jealous of you all...went on vacation to LA a month ago and fell in love with the city...would kill to be at this game

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Also will be replayed immediately following the match on Fox Sports Plus. I'm guessing that finding online shouldn't be an issue.

Loublaze

ATLien
Way too late (or early) for me. Got to be up at similar times.
I am, but I am not subscribed to MUTV. Do you know if there is anything else?
According to people I know you can subcribe to MUTV for just one month. They do it every preseason just to watch the the games, and they are reshown of course. 6 pounds. Other than that I don't think these games are being replayed on tv anywhere else

Midnight1811

Yep, I'll be there for training pics and videos. Some of the players will do an autograph session at the end, which will be mobbed by hundreds of kids, so I'll avoid that bit.
Get in the act! It's not everyday United come to the states. Be sure to post images, excluding yourself of course!

Cereal Killer

Can't stand the fact that I won't be watching this live, especially since I'm subscribed to MUTV. Why couldn't they have played at 4:30 or 10:00 PT? Think of the fans back home you ungrateful bastards :(

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
What are people expecting to happen here? I know the results don't really matter and its more about LvG getting an idea of our players, but what if we lose?

Also kinda gutted this is on at such a stupid time, would have totally watched this otherwise.

Raw

What are people expecting to happen here? I know the results don't really matter and its more about LvG getting an idea of our players, but what if we lose?

Also kinda gutted this is on at such a stupid time, would have totally watched this otherwise.
A loss will probably take the wind out the sails a little bit.

I don't really mind the result too much, as long as we're playing some good football and the new signings impress (which shouldn't be difficult considering how poor we were last season).

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

They're only friendlies so I'd be happy with just the players getting fit, staying clear of injuries and playing good football. We play 3 big teams that wouldn't be easy wins if we were at our best anyways, but if we do win 3/3 games, we'll probably end up facing Liverpool or man city in the final a few days after the Madrid game. And those always matter.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite

Hopefully we can't get any worse than last pre-seasons matches

Brightonian

It'll be that classic situation where beforehand everyone will be patting each other on the back about how fine we are with a loss or a draw, that LVG's barely had a chance to get the players working his way yet, that they won't be at full fitness yet and it's more about getting that fitness work in than actually winning the match, that we're still missing some key players... and then we'll lose 1-0 and this place will go into total hysterical meltdown.

Loublaze

ATLien
Can't stand the fact that I won't be watching this live, especially since I'm subscribed to MUTV. Why couldn't they have played at 4:30 or 10:00 PT? Think of the fans back home you ungrateful bastards :(
I don't feel sorry for you :devil:

Last edited:

Cereal Killer

If any Utd fans are in LA, Utd are staying at the Beverley Wilshere, you should have no probe getting in. Players are all there.
They tend to lock it down in the hotels. My cousin and I stayed at the Lowry a few times now, because we knew that's where the team stayed the night before a big game. During the three occasions that we have, the best we've gotten to is having a drink with Meulensteen and Phelan in the hotel bar, and "accidentally" going down the elevator with Fletcher and Valencia when it was game time. Yeah we saw all the players getting onto the team bus but it was agonizing knowing that they were all there and we couldn't do anything about it. They usually close down a floor in the hotel, and place 2-3 bodyguards at each entrance on that level. It was annoyingly difficult to get past them, virtually impossible.

Trizy

So, are they playing after midnight tonight or tomorrow night?

Ling

24th July, 4.30h in the morning. Just to make it more clear, if you watch TV on 23rd July and it's approaching midnight, stay awake for another 4.30h to be able to watch the game.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Kick-off is 4:06am BST AFAIK.

The match title at the top of this page should give you the KO time in your location, assuming you have it set correctly :)

Last edited:

GGMU

LvG needs to win this first game, so:

de Gea

Rafael - Jones - Evans - Shaw

Herrera - Fletch - Mata

Valencia - Rooney - Nani/Kagawa​
3-0 United

Krits

Kick-off is 4:06am BST AFAIK.

The match title at the top of this page should give you the KO time in your location, assuming you have it set correctly :)
Probably the best feature. So tired of having to convert from BST because I can never remember about when day light savings starts and ends.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Will this match be covered by anyone other than MUTV, like an American channel or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.