Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brightonian

I have to say bravo for the match day set-up, Niall. I haven't seen it yet (don't know if you used it on WC games or not), and it's fantastic.

iKnowNothing

Great work on the matchday section

@Niall I have a query/request - on the top right, where it says "Kick-off:<time>", would it be possible to add a countdown timer which gets activated let's say 24 hours before kick off? This would help people across timezone's to figure out their day's schedule.

Something like:
Kick-off in HH:MM mins

Crackers

greasy ginfers

@Niall I have a query/request - on the top right, where it says "Kick-off:<time>", would it be possible to add a countdown timer which gets activated let's say 24 hours before kick off? This would help people across timezone's to figure out their day's schedule.

Something like:
That's a great idea.

prateik

Something like:
The kick off time shows the local time for the user.
It is
Code:
Date:Thu, 24 July 2014Kick-off:8:36 am
for me. That is the kick off time in India

Shark

@NotShark
3.30am? There's no way I'm staying up for that. If it was on a Friday or Saturday fair enough, but come on. :lol:

iKnowNothing

The kick off time shows the local time for the user.
It is
Code:
Date:Thu, 24 July 2014Kick-off:8:36 am
for me. That is the kick off time in India
I didn't know this. Sorry.

I still want to know if my idea is possible to implement. Might just add to the novelty factor. The added anticipation of the game kicking off in 5..4..3..2.. :lol:

The Hilton

This match is, conveniently, when I'm in the area for a trip around the US, managed to get tickets so it'll be my first United match away from Old Trafford for about 10 years. Can't wait!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff

Something like:
I had thought of that but felt it unnecessary. Who is going to sit watching a countdown?!

And the match won't automatically progress to 'In Progress' when the countdown hits 0. A Match Day admin has to trigger this manually. Matches rarely kick-off at the exact second anyway.

The kick-off time is relative to your current location, so I think it's enough. I'll look at adding the timezone beside it at some point so it's more clear, e.g. 20:06 PST.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Anyone reckon Keane will get a start here? Could see LvG being a fan, and this is as good a game as any for him to start.

Edit: Michael

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
I had thought of that but felt it unnecessary. Who is going to sit watching a countdown?!

And the match won't automatically progress to 'In Progress' when the countdown hits 0. A Match Day admin has to trigger this manually. Matches rarely kick-off at the exact second anyway.

The kick-off time is relative to your current location, so I think it's enough. I'll look at adding the timezone beside it at some point so it's more clear, e.g. 20:06 PST.
I think a timezone indicator would be great, I would probably assume the time listed was local time.

iKnowNothing

I hadn't thought about the possibility of manual work involved. Great job on this!

Thomas#7

De Gea
Rafael - Jones - Evans - Shaw
Fletcher
Herrera - Mata
Nani - Rooney - Welbeck
I don't know about you guys but I'm taking these pre-season games seriously. It's essential that we head into the new season high on confidence and morale.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I think a timezone indicator would be great, I would probably assume the time listed was local time.
I'll look at adding the timezone beside it at some point so it's more clear, e.g. 20:06 PST.
And by 'at some point' I obviously meant right now! ;)

Let me know if the displayed timezone is incorrect for everybody but it should be bang on.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
@Niall I thought kick off was at 3.30am BST? And also is there any way match clocks/time are going to be incorporated in the match updates? Also, how come there are newbies posting in here again?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff

George Beast

I was just going through this twitter https://twitter.com/RedMancunian looking at some training pics and it struck me how little the players are smiling during LvG's training sessions. Under Moyes I remember seeing so many pictures of the players laughing, smiling etc and the tone I always got was lighthearted and jovial, where as under LvG it all looks more serious and intense. Look how menacing he is in the background :devil:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Also, how come there are newbies posting in here again?
Newbies and main members share the match discussions, just like the World Cup forum.

Maintaining two separate match discussions just ain't worth it.

What could possibly go wrong?!

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Newbies and main members share the match discussions, just like the World Cup forum.

Maintaining two separate match discussions just ain't worth it.

What could possibly go wrong?!
Brave decision. Thank feck we aren't in Europe. We won't have to face the possibility of an influx of Gala fans/WUMs. A few Scousers might slip through, mind.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Brave decision. Thank feck we aren't in Europe. We won't have to face the possibility of an influx of Gala fans/WUMs. A few Scousers might slip through, mind.
Carsi

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
All adds to the flavour!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Will the player profiles also track assists? I noticed that isn't on their profiles currently.

Marcelinho87

Looking forward to this, although I am at work when it kicks off. So will be sneakily streaming via work computers t 4:06am :P

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Any reason for the kick-off time? Six minutes past?
Something to do with American television according to MUTV.

6 minutes of ads before the game kicks-off probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.