Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJJ

Super. Controlling the game for us.
Good. Very good.
Looks neat and tidy. Tried to put in a few tackles as well. But this is just a pre-season friendly and the opposition are not so good to be honest. Anyway, it is still a fairly encouraging start for him.
Looks like an actual midfielder.

Almost scored too.
Good to hear, cant wait for the new season with a proper midfield :D

roykeane19

wasnt so sure about herrera, but now looks like we finally made a good value for money signing and quality

I wonder if lvg could turn fellaini into the best midfield destroyer in europe :drool: hahaha

Dudebro

The difference between this and the last year's preseason is for everyone to see.

Should have sacked him then only. fecking Moyes :mad:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shaw really hasn't taken the fullback on, he needs to show a lot more to be playing as a wing back in this system. I'm pissed Evra left because he is ideal for that role.
Well he's a full back primarily, Valencia is a winger. Still will take him time to adapt. Fullbacks can't really play as wingers since they have a completely different style of attacking and getting up the pitch. They do overlapping runs and when they have nobody to overlap it's a different challenge they aren't used to. Evra struggled a few times like that when we only used Valencia on the right and no left winger a few years ago.

He's kept the ball well though, offered width and hasn't wasted it which is good.

R'hllor

Defending wise Valencia was not that better then Shaw,attacking wise Shaw needs to be more brave and try stuff instead of playing safe options.In general great half,we need another CM imo.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Fletcher had a slow start, but you can imagine if Herrera had someone like Vidal next to him, awesome.

Shaw has been quiet, which is understandable.

As for the front, not been too impressed with them, but they have 3 goals, seems harsh to criticize.
Brilliant first half. I know it's pre-season but you can see a philosophy, a bite in their play. The small one touch passes are doing it for me, the combination of Mata and Herrera is a joy to behold.

Shaw looks a little star struck and perhaps a little surprised coming out of that tumescent England team at the quality we obviously still have.

IF we got someone like Vidal in this team would be incredible to watch. However LVG may be watching this thinking "who needs to spend that kind of money" he will be mindful that this is essentially a lower to relegation zone type of team in comparison to the prem.

The space we have in the middle is quite shocking.

hobbers

Are these kit numbers for Shaw and Herrera temporary?
They are temporary, but Herrera will probably be no.21 when the season starts, unless Young leaves and he gets the no.18.

Shaw has to be nailed on for the no.3.

markorm

I worry about the space behind Valencia, just can't see fletch covering that and Valencia isn't a full back.

Thought apart from an opening gash couple of first touches, Fletch has had a good game. Picked out a sublime pass to Shaw midway through.

Rooney's been a bit vacant, but apart from that, can't really complain, really good start, midfield is working well, finally!

ElectroManiac

I'm happy with the performance. Herrera have been really good linking with Mata and Welbeck have been great.
Now lets make some subs for the second half. Give other players some chance.

txred

WHY ! is that not our nick name, dont see your problem to be honest.
Of course, of course, but it's incessant on American TV. I know it sounds pedantic, but the club name is not the "Manchester United Red Devils. It sounds like they're referring to Los Angeles Lakers. "And the Red Devils have the ball... He shoots... He scores! Goal for the Red Devils. That's Red Devil soccer. Really devilish shot into the upper ninety of the frame."

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
We're very much used to playing with 2 forwards, it will take some time getting used to playing with 3. So far Welbeck is linking up really well with Mata but Rooney needs to involve himself more in our attacking play.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Van Gaal can equal the amount of silverware Moyes' won for United tonight with the Chevrolet Cup.

What an honour. Van Gaal can add that prestigious trophy to the long list of trophies in his CV.

Mcg

looking good so far but LA Galaxy has been quite poor

Dazzmondo

I have to say, already, Herrera and Mata would be the first names in any Utd team. Their linkup play has been top class.

PvsNP

Keane brothers, Rafael, Cleverley, etc. warming up. We're probably going to field a whole new team in the second half.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
..............RVP.....Rooney.............
..................Mata......................
................Herrera.....................
Shaw...........Vidal...........Valencia
.......NewCB...Evans..Jones ..........
.................DDG........................

:drool:

Red Phoenix Rising

Some of this interplay will help Cleverley immensely if he ever gets to play in the role that Mata is playing at the moment. Not sure if we're needing another play like Fletcher/Fellaini/Carrick. If Fletch goes from here and then Fellaini has a problem then we're depleted for Herrera partners to stabilize.

I think Herrera will be a stellar signing. Totally missed him last season.

Sam

Defending wise Valencia was not that better then Shaw,attacking wise Shaw needs to be more brave and try stuff instead of playing safe options.In general great half,we need another CM imo.
Need another two.

Trizy

Van Gaal can equal the amount of silverware Moyes' won for United tonight with the Chevrolet Cup.

What an honour. Van Gaal can add that prestigious trophy to the long list of trophies in his CV.
This game is for a trophy? :lol:

SoCross

This must be asked several times and answered as many...but what formation are we playing?

LR7

I'd like to see Cleverley on for Fletcher, Rafael on for Smalling and Lingard for Valencia.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I've liked Higginbotham so far. Well spoken. Stands out on that channel. Good to see a smaller name get on TV as a pundit. A trend that hopefully will end up keeping the poor speakers with big names awayffrom the TV.

ZDwyr

Shaw has been poor. Probably nervous or unsure in the system but poor nontheless. Herrera, Mata and Welbeck have been good. Our best three I think.

Sam

..............RVP.....Rooney.............
..................Mata......................
................Herrera.....................
Shaw...........Vidal...........Valencia
.......NewCB...Evans..Jones ..........
.................DDG........................

:drool:
Not enough Welbeck in that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.