Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turamb

kinda see a keeper in a european club getting a free kick out of Rooney climbing over him

space

Beating a mid season LA Galaxy with a good defensive record 3-0.. compare that to last years first game haha

The Red Thinker

Order is restored. We are bossing the game. As we should. Let's get our pride back - even if it's LA Galaxy (fully fit though)

kerano.

I'm so happy with Herrera today! Looks brilliant, he is linking up really good with Mata. Shaw looks brilliant too, but I think there is more to come from him! Overall an decent performance.

Irrational.

Great, energetic performance which gives us plenty to look forward to.

3-0 is a bit harsh, LAG were competitive over the first 20 minutes.

Herrera already looks at home. If this performance is anything to go by, then what a player we have signed.

Luke Shaw looked a bit nervous at the start but has gradually settled into the game, and has generally attacked quite well.

Oo0AahCantona

Decent start from the players.

Seen nothing to convince me that 3 at the back does anything except turn dangerous attacking fullbacks into shit wingers. Shaw's threat completely nullified by such a high starting position, making it so easy to mark him. The whole danger of a fullback is that they run at you from a part of the pitch where you can't deny them space to pick up pace in.
Ive never seen Shaw as an attacking fullback though, he's a proper defender.

van Persie

Herrea will be so huge for us. Our central midfield looks so much better with him there. Of course we're playing a MLS team, but they're in the middle of the season and this is our first preseason game.

James_42

The four of Mata/Rooney/Welbeck/Herrera have been fantastic. Would be very happy to see them as the spine of our team next season, with RVP added to the mix.

Valencia and Shaw as full backs haven't impressed though, I'd like to see Rafael at HT.
Yeah, I think Rafael would thrive in this system, and I think Shaw looks like a typical new signing, out of sync with his teammates.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Does anyone else cringe a bit when the fans start signing Glory Glory Man Utd?

Manutd89

Looks really good. Solid first half were we was much better then LA. Formation wise working really well and welbeck shoot was just amazingly done. Great so far.

Swaters16

Where do people think Januzaj would fit in this system? Up front or behind the striker? You would assume behind but Mata looks to be filling that role and then there's Kagawa and Rooney.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Valencia has done a lot more than Shaw..
Guess which one is getting criticized?
The matchday thread is back ....
Funny really. Valencia's been really good I think. Attacking his fullback and putting in crosses, tracking back, being a beast and looking confident. Shaw has been solid too but we've mostly gone down Valencia's side.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Enjoyed that half. If we can get another mobile midfielder in place of fletcher we could have a really good team. Then get some more defensive cover and we should be sorted

SalfordRed1960

Herrera and Mata are going to be fantastic together.

And to think we've got RVP, Januzaj, Kagawa, Rafael and new signings to come.
Fletcher had a slow start, but you can imagine if Herrera had someone like Vidal next to him, awesome.

Shaw has been quiet, which is understandable.

As for the front, not been too impressed with them, but they have 3 goals, seems harsh to criticize.

Mr. Ant

Our midfield is actually looking good, can't believe it. Herrera has been superb and Fletcher has been very good too.
Great first half.

mata10

If that was moyes, the cross would have been tried on rooney's head and there would have been no goal.

Thomas#7

I know it's only a friendly against a poor side but Herrera has been so impressive. He looks head and shoulders above all our other midfielders.

manufanatic

"crazy"
Decent start from the players.

Seen nothing to convince me that 3 at the back does anything except turn dangerous attacking fullbacks into shit wingers. Shaw's threat completely nullified by such a high starting position, making it so easy to mark him. The whole danger of a fullback is that they run at you from a part of the pitch where you can't deny them space to pick up pace in.
I agree shaw looked lost...but it's early

Dazzmondo

Valencia looking very poor. Shaw looking nervous, seems worried of making a mistake. Wayne got better as the half went on, Welbeck has been great throughout, Mata and Herrera have been sublime, beautiful to watch, Evans playing the ball playing role very well imo, despite a couple misplaced passes, Fletch doing pretty well. The system looks good, especially going forward. I hope Rafa replaces Valencia at half time, he should be able to play that role without any problem imo.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Most impressive is our tempo-there's no play at a walking pace. A lot of one touch play-which will only improve over time.

Eddy_JukeZ

Really happy with the performance so far.

Herrera has looked great and Shaw despite looking a bit nervous has settled well.

The players look sharp and fit out there for our first pre-season game.

Sam

Yeah, I think Rafael would thrive in this system, and I think Shaw looks like a typical new signing, out of sync with his teammates.
Looks quite nervous to me. Doesn't seem to want to take any risks, and is trying to keep it simple. Understandable really.

Swaters16

Also I've decided I don't like the home kit. I didn't have an opinion before but the Chevrolet logo is too big and really sticks out. The white trim isn't great either. Hopefully the away kit looks better on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.