g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I don't think the WC players (apart from Shaw) will play/start this match......they had so far just one training session

Lindegaard - Rafael, M.Keane, Evans, Shaw - Cleverley, Fletcher, Herrera - Zaha, W.Keane, Young

Last edited:

pauldyson1uk

pre season friendly's mean jack shit really, these days they are more to do with improving the clubs name and generating money.
I see them just has a way of getting the squad to match fitness and even more so this season, getting the, new plays used to they was the club plays.
I dont agree about the bad pre-season bad season thing, yes I want us to win every games but if they can play has a team and work well together at this early stage of the team being together, then we will be fine.

Annahnomoss

Hoping that the key focus here is on actually trying out different midfield combinations to see which has the most potential, no midfield we set out will be perfect unless we sign a midfielder so we have to accept potential at this point.

I would like to see the following, I think they are the midfield with the highest potential and they deserve some chances to prove if they can handle the defensive roles in these positions. If they can't we should move on to something else in the next game. Offensively I think it would be brilliant, great possession keeping, world class penetration in terms of through-balls and Herrera has the long-balls in his style too which adds to the mix. All of them have already performed in a high press, so I believe if we use a high press in the match they will stand out defensively as well.

----------------DDG
Rafael----Jones----Evans----Shaw
---------------Herrera---------
-Zaha----Mata---Kagawa----Nani-
---------------Rooney

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Shame not to see Pearson or Rothwell make the plane but still, should be exciting to see how they get on.

Havak

Pokemon master
Reckon Phil Jones is going to end up in central midfield a couple of times as we only have Cleverley, Fletcher, and Herrera to play there.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
This time last year, I watched the first game or two and said "Moyes is not cut out for this"v

I hope my response this year is "We're not worthy Louis....We're scum, you are the messiah" type thing

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
The new matchday forum is not going to be used for tour matches?

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I think the world cup starters will only get some 10-15 mins cameos. I am intrigued to see how LVG experiments with our midfield. Over the whole tour.

Annahnomoss

I think the world cup starters will only get some 10-15 mins cameos. I am intrigued to see how LVG experiments with our midfield. Over the whole tour.
I think Moyes really fecked up last year by being way over his head. He kept playing players which at the start of the season turned out to not be wanted at all.

The pre-season tour and friendlies in general should be used to try things you hope to use in the league, but that would be too risky to actually try in league games.

I would love to see just a big amount of different midfield combinations which gets narrowed down for every game we play by excluding the midfield combinations that failed for the ones that performed well.

Tactically of course, results doesn't matter at this stage as the team has had just a week to learn something which takes up to a year.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
So who's going to the game? I've been a UCLA football season ticket holder for years and highly recommend getting to the Rose Bowl early (lots open 6 hours prior to game time) to tailgate. Try to park on the golf course lots. In my experience, the single best venue to tailgate at in America.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
So who's going to the game? I've been a UCLA football season ticket holder for years and highly recommend getting to the Rose Bowl early (lots open 6 hours prior to game time) to tailgate. Try to park on the golf course lots. In my experience, the single best venue to tailgate at in America.
I'll be at the game and training (field level VIP area).

RuudTom83

Pre-Season matches are not the best matches to learn anything new, but i hope Shinji manages to make a better impression on LVG than he did on DM.

Plus with RVP not on tour, Shinji, Mata and Rooney have a good opportunity to show they can still string a few passes together.

Castia

Quite hard to predict anything before the tour list is out but I think LVG will go for:

Lindegaard
Vermijl - M.Keane - Evans - James(Shaw if available)
Herrera - Fletcher
Lingard - Powell - Young
Wilson​

You may well have successfully picked every single player wrong with that line up it's shocking.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
You may well have successfully picked every single player wrong with that line up it's shocking.
Not really.

With 4 keepers it is anyone's guess who will play.

LB is a good guess as James and Shaw are 2/3 LBs on tour so good chance one will play.
Keane and Evans are 2/4 of our CBs and Jones and Smalling were at the WC so good guess that they'll play too.
Vermijl obviously can't play but again anyone's guess which youth will get to go.
Herrera and Fletcher 2/3 of our CMs so good chance they'll play
Lingard and Young are two wingers who weren't at the WC so decent guess.
Powell and Wilson are injured and were set to go on tour. No way he could know they were injured then.

So not a shocking prediction at all.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Will there be anywhere that will replay the match?

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
The Rose Bowl is a spectacular stadium that's hard describe in mere words. I'll going down for the game, which itself will be just a training ground exercise but the atmosphere should be sensational.
As an Irishman, I have happy memories of that stadium! :yawn:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I'm on holiday while this game is played.

Any idea where I could watch it through out once I return?

Status
Not open for further replies.