Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I hope Will Keane plays and does well. I had high hope for him before his injury. Hopefully, he can fill the role of Hernandez if the latter leaves.

In this game, Beit it is just a pre-season, I hope we do not see the 5-3-2 formation. I do not understand the hype around it and I believe it is only beneficial in cup competition or when you are trying to void a game of life...

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I hope Will Keane plays and does well. I had high hope for him before his injury. Hopefully, he can fill the role of Hernandez if the latter leaves.

In this game, Beit it is just a pre-season, I hope we do not see the 5-3-2 formation. I do not understand the hype around it and I believe it is only beneficial in cup competition or when you are trying to void a game of life...
There isn't enough centre-backs in the squad for van Gaal to implement three at the back for pre-season, I don't think. I'd be very confident we'll see 4-3-3.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Can anyone tell me how the hell you sign up to MUTV if you are foreign? I want to sign up for the online MUTV and wherever i click "subscribe now" it says im sorry your country doesn't have MUTV, but you can still subscribe to our online channel!

BUT THERE IS NO SUBSCRIBE BUTTON AHHHH
I can't see how you would be able to get it through "official" Sky, quite honestly. I've been looking for you and there are no sites I can see which allow you to subscribe to a solely-online MUTV channel. You have to add it to your existing package, and as you say, it's not available in the Netherlands.

I may have missed something, though!

Duafc

Village Lemon
Can anyone tell me how the hell you sign up to MUTV if you are foreign? I want to sign up for the online MUTV and wherever i click "subscribe now" it says im sorry your country doesn't have MUTV, but you can still subscribe to our online channel!

BUT THERE IS NO SUBSCRIBE BUTTON AHHHH
They used to do an online subscription but that stopped. Now the only way to get it is through Sky or Virgin.

Rezyuz

I can't see how you would be able to get it through "official" Sky, quite honestly. I've been looking for you and there are no sites I can see which allow you to subscribe to a solely-online MUTV channel. You have to add it to your existing package, and as you say, it's not available in the Netherlands.

I may have missed something, though!
Thanks for double checking!

But when it says not available in the netherlands it says below "you can still subscribe to our online channel".

But there isn't any link to it. Thats what i mean :< i used to always have MUTV online.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
feck sake, I thought it was this morning and got excited

cnuts

Loublaze

ATLien
I don't have cable, I watch them all online.Obviously I don't recall a single pre-season game being on anything in the States.

You're telling me ESPN had United pre-season games on in 2003?
Yes the 2003 preseason games, world football challenge were mostly on Fox Soccer channel. ESPN2 showed at least two games. Barca, Juventus, Club America and I cant remember who else were around for that. Over the years ESPN and FOX split viewing slots. You've missed out buddy.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
I don't get why people are either staying up or getting up at stupid o'clock to watch this game when it'll be repeated virtually all day on MUTV. The times being at 6.30 am, 11:00 am, 3:30 pm, and 7:30 pm. Surely that's more convenient? Or is it just because it's LvG's first game in charge?

source: http://www.locatetv.com/uk/listings/mutv#24-Jul-2014
I don't have MUTV nor do I plan on getting it. So what if people are staying up, it's a small price to pay to watch the team you love.

newgiz

Hoping for a good start to the campaign. Can't wait to see Herrera playing for us, I am predicting big things from him. I sense that Fletcher may start given the absence of Carrick. Given that LvG mentioned in his pre match presser that we are not yet fully fit, I expect a tight game in which we probably sneak in a 2-1 victory.

Edit: Nice to see that the Match Day thread has been opened up for new members as well.

ash_86

Should be an excellent game. Should give a good insight into how much philosophy has been instilled. Shame it falls in the office time.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
I'll stay up for this one :)

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm really liking this new match thread layout. By the way with the score and line up predictions do we get points for guessing right? Could be a fun thing to see who get it right more.
Yes there will be a lineup prediction league. Might do similar for score predictions.

Samba23

Did anybody else think the game was this morning so set an alarm for 4am, wake up and instantly realise what an idiot they were?

Oh, just me then.

RedDevil@84

The time of start exactly coinicides with the time I would leave for my office... This really sucks.. But would be good to catch the AS Roma and Real Madrid matches.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Wednesday, July 23rd, LA Galaxy vs. Manchester United at the Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California (8:06 PM PT, 11:06 PM ET, 4:06 AM BST July 24th)

Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos, Sam Johnstone

Defenders: Rafael, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Tyler Blackett, Michael Keane, Reece James

Midfielders: Ander Herrera, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Ashley Young, Wilfried Zaha, Shinji Kagawa, Juan Mata, Antonio Valencia, Nani, Jesse Lingard

Striker: Danny Welbeck, Wayne Rooney, Will Keane

(why won't it let me move the above text to the left side?)
You never disabled centring

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
I don't see any option to enable or disable centering, I can choose 'align left' or 'align center' or 'align right' but none of those will move that text in any direction.

Mind explaining how to disable centering?
I'm honestly not sure why none of that worked, you highlighted all the text you wanted to move to the left?

I actually just looked at your post in the BB editor and saw the CENTRE tag had gone right the way down so moved it.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
Wednesday, July 23rd, LA Galaxy vs. Manchester United at the Rose Bowl, Pasadena, California (8:06 PM PT, 11:06 PM ET, 4:06 AM BST July 24th)

Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos, Sam Johnstone

Defenders: Rafael, Jonny Evans, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Luke Shaw, Tyler Blackett, Michael Keane, Reece James

Midfielders: Ander Herrera, Tom Cleverley, Darren Fletcher, Ashley Young, Wilfried Zaha, Shinji Kagawa, Juan Mata, Antonio Valencia, Nani, Jesse Lingard

Striker: Danny Welbeck, Wayne Rooney, Will Keane

(why won't it let me move the above text to the left side?)​
Test.

Highlighted all the text and clicked align left.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I'm excited to see Herrera play

legs 11

would love to see this for the first match:

De Gea

Rafael Evans Jones Shaw
Fletcher
Herrera Mata
Zaha Rooney Lingard

Central mid looks pretty good and lets see what the youngsters can offer out wide

Status
Not open for further replies.