Manchester United vs Liverpool (Tue 12th July, 14:00 UK time) | BANGKOK CENTURY CUP CHAMPIONS

SER19

I remember at the start of last season I insisted that if we rely on Martial going into the season its going to end up in tears because he's just not good enough. You gave me a lot of grief about that, mostly citing how Martial had banged in 17 goals the season before. You've certainly changed your opinion now, which you're rightly entitled to do so. Nevertheless i'm just feeling smug and taking some satisfaction in saying "I told you so" :smirk:
Yeah, i really thought he'd kick on. That front 3 was looking promising. Maybe it will be me eating my words again this season. About Dalot, martial, our midfield, our lack of quality depth etc

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Need another couple of goals for when we switch to our reserves and they bring on their big boys at half time.

AndySmith1990

If Ten Hag can somehow motivate Martial to put in effort for an entire season he'll be useful. That's a big if, however

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Perhaps Martial only really understands Dutch.

criticalanalysis

It's pre-season 2014 all over again, even the manager is dutch.
Yeah same. We were 'brilliant' in that pre-season.

Gonna keep expectations in check and take pinch of salt. I think just like then, we were ahead in our fitness/training against our opponents.

BarstoolProphet

Three times now De Gea passing to a teammate when under pressure instead of clearing it for a throw-in. Nice to see.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Goals galore! Plenty of this in the season please!! Hope this doesn’t tempt the board to not sign anyone :lol:

prateik

It'll flip in the 2nd half when we have our kids out and they have their first teamers on the pitch..

Pronewbie

Peep
It's obvious that Liverpool are much less prepared than us and also look completely knackered. I found out their preseason only started last Monday. Some of our players have been back in training for 2 weeks.

Someone

Something
Would be great if we didn't make a lot of changes in the second half. Let this group of players get used to each other as much as possible, with 3 or 4 changes.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Martial's making me believe in him again. Need to keep reminding myself not to get carried away. :lol: