Manchester United vs. Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
Think this is a game for Welbeck though. At the very least he's disciplined enough to sit on Gerrard when we haven't got the ball.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Dominate by Brenton Rodgers and Jordon Henderson. Never thought I'd see the day.
Did we honestly expect anything different ? We've had the entire season to see that Liverpool is a better team than ours and that OT is a carte blanche stadium to pick up points from. As horrible and frustrating as it, what has happened so far is a natural development of both teams' seasons.

Kag

A brave manager would sub Van Persie for Welbeck. Has to happen.

Rooney's first touch has been criminal.

Evra non-existent.

Fellaini quite good.

Carrick is a fanny. He just watches the game go by.

Enigma_87

You know who
Henderson, Sturridge, Johnson to name a few. All world class players who United don't have.
I'd rather not have any of those. I don't think any of those will get into Uniteds starting lineup to be honest.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Their movement, passing and tempo is much better and their pressing is very impressive. Deserved to be leading.

In contrast, we're shit. Other than the Rooney shot towards the end of the half, where we finally injected some pace and tempo for once, we have been completely useless.
This.

Only in the last five minutes we decided to play. Liverpool deserve to lead although apart from penalty they didn't create anything.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Front four either can't control it, too erratic or give it away. I don't see a whole host of options when carrick and Fellaini win it back.

Minus a few scares from Sturridge there's not a lot in it. Stupid moment from Rafael and us not upping the tempo until the final minute of the half.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's obviously we need that extra man in the midfield to fill the space being left for Allen, Henderson and Sterling. Mata and Januzai simply don't offer enough defensively in awareness to play one on each wing with only two central midfielders.

It's so obvious.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Dont understand Mata's reluctance to shoot on the edge of the box, his long range accuracy has always been a strength.
And again he has a chance, he's finding room just not shooting.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
feck's sake, Mata's got all the time and place on the planet and decides to cross it in instead of atleast pretending to take a shot.

Fruitless front four, fruitless from Liverpool as well, got their goal thanks to our incompetence rather than some fantastic play of theirs. They are there for the taking if our front four stops wanking around.

And now those fecking yanks on the telly, shut the feck up you old cnut, would send off everybody but claps Gerrard the great captain. feck me.
Obviously been instructed to cross though, like every other one of our attacks. They all end with poor crosses 9 times out of 10.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Moyes needs to make the big decision and take van Persie off for Welbeck. Make a change.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Team is overrated when their is no cohesion. Kagawa and Welbeck coming on would at least improve our football and squad cohesion. Hindsight must be hurting Moyes once again as those two or one of them should have at least started. Would have preferred United having the option of van Persie and Januzaj coming of the bench if we were going to be losing the game if the latter were starting.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
So 5 minutes of decent play at the end of the half, preceded by liverpool easily on top. Can't argue with the scoreline :(

Rooney playing well and looks up for the game at least. Adnan has had some good moments as well. No one else is really imposing themselves on the game. RVP might as well not even be on the field

Sam

You'd think Liverpool have been astronomically better than us, going by the media.

Then again, scousers will tell you that's been the case for the past twenty five years.
They've just spent 45 minutes absolutely dicking all over us. They barely look out of second gear and still look a million miles better then us.

DevilRed

Not much between the teams but a terrible mistake has cost us dearly. Simple as that really. Our defence has been pretty shambolic this season and it just gives opponents the onus to attack us. Doesn't help that we seem a bit toothless in attack once again despite having a lot of possession.

I don't know if its that we're lacking that bit of luck or cohesion or whatever, but we just don't seem to have that final ball in the last third. So many top class players and yet we can't seem to pull it off. Its baffling. I hate to say it but when you look at the dipper's partnership upfront it really flows and is purposeful. It seems like our lads just make it up on the fly and are of different minds.

I just hope we at least get a point out of this.

NessunDorma

I just caught the last 5 minutes with Rooney's great chance. Spent ages finding a decent-ish stream.. How has the first half been overall?
Liverpool have looked the better side. Slicker passing, better movment, quicker, more alert. United created a few half chances, but no real sustained spell of pressure, and it's all seemed a bit disjointed - as so many times this season. Need to do much better in the 2nd half.

Smores

More than anything we really do need a solution to playing against a midfield 3. You'd think that would be Mata/Kagawa taking Rooneys position.

Playing a 2 against 3 without pacey widemen is even more bizzare.

Devil may care

Little bit of spark near the end of the half, hopefully we can build on that in the second. RvP is a passenger but I doubt Moyes will switch him for Welbeck unfortunately.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
You'd think Liverpool have been astronomically better than us, going by the media.

Then again, scousers will tell you that's been the case for the past twenty five years.
This. Massive overreaction to a decent first half by Liverpool contrasted with a not so good first half from us. Were people thinking Liverpool were wonderful when Allen put a cross field ball 10 yards behind Glen Johnson and into touch? They have two top strikers, once of whom forced an error from our defence that led to their goal, but they haven't been all over us like a rash. The way some people are talking its like today we've seen a re-run of the collapse at the Etihad when actually Liverpool just got lucky.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Awful half. When we do get it, we seem content to just pass it backwards. No attacking intent. Everyone has been shite too, apart from jones, de gea and Vidic really. No pace in our attack at all.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
One of the most disappointing aspect of Moyes taking over is our continued insistence on playing with 2 strikers. When Kagawa was brought in last season, and Ferguson intimated that Rooney would be leaving, I'd hope we'd have a modern style like we had in 2008.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Obviously been instructed to cross though, like every other one of our attacks. They all end with poor crosses 9 times out of 10.
No no, please, don't try to explain our players playing like a bunch of girls today with 'moyes tactics' because it's getting boring. They lack bottle, self confidence, call it how you like it. Stupid decision by Mata there.

Lu Tze

I'd rather play Welbeck up front the rest of the season and ship RVP out if he's going to stink up the place with his dire attitude and lackluster finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.