Manchester United vs. Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam

I think Isotope is clearly making quite an obvious point that most are missing.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You really need a new winger so you can move Rooney up top with Mata behind him. RVP just looks....meh this season.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
They've just spent 45 minutes absolutely dicking all over us. They barely look out of second gear and still look a million miles better then us.
It really wasn't that bad. It was bad don't get me wrong but they're not dicking anyone.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
I'd rather not have any of those. I don't think any of those will get into Uniteds starting lineup to be honest.
I'd have Henderson of this season ahead of any of your midfielders. Not world class, but he doesn't have to be. Sturridge wouldn't if you went on names, but again, on this season he'd be your best striker.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
You'd think Liverpool have been astronomically better than us, going by the media.

Then again, scousers will tell you that's been the case for the past twenty five years.
To be fair, speaking solely about this match, they look totally in control. When we have the ball it's as if it's because they seem content to give it to us, rather than stealing it from them. It just looks like they could step it up too.

Really hope we pull our fingers out our asses at half time.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Henderson, Sturridge, Johnson to name a few. All world class players who United don't have.
The only one among the ones you name with the potential to reach world class one day is Sturridge. Suarez is undoubtly there. Thats it.

The harsh truth is, that you have more quality on the pitch than them. This is the difference between a great working unit and a bunch of top players thrown together.

This is basically your best possible squad right now. The excuse of having not enough quality out there can not stand here.

redhoop

Not much between the teams but a terrible mistake has cost us dearly. Simple as that really. Our defence has been pretty shambolic this season and it just gives opponents the onus to attack us. Doesn't help that we seem a bit toothless in attack once again despite having a lot of possession.

I don't know if its that we're lacking that bit of luck or cohesion or whatever, but we just don't seem to have that final ball in the last third. So many top class players and yet we can't seem to pull it off. Its baffling. I hate to say it but when you look at the dipper's partnership upfront it really flows and is purposeful. It seems like our lads just make it up on the fly and are of different minds.

I just hope we at least get a point out of this.
Well said.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
We buggered up the tactical situation from the start and then compounding matters by failing to address the problem, eleven red shirts but not a team.

Brining on Welbeck won't be a cure by itself either as much as the commentators might think so.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
They've just spent 45 minutes absolutely dicking all over us. They barely look out of second gear and still look a million miles better then us.
:lol:

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
No no, please, don't try to explain our players playing like a bunch of girls today with 'moyes tactics' because it's getting boring. They lack bottle, self confidence, call it how you like it. Stupid decision by Mata there.
Why? Mata used to shoot at Chelsea, he scored goals at Chelsea. Since he's moved here he's not really done much. Just keeps things ticking over and crosses a lot more than he used to.

Sam

The only one among the ones you name with the potential to reach world class one day is Sturridge. Suarez is undoubtly there. Thats it.

The harsh truth is, that you have more quality on the pitch than them. This is the difference between a great working unit and a bunch of top players thrown together.

This is basically your best possible squad right now. The excuse of having not enough quality out there can not stand here.
Bing bing bing bing!! We have a winner!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Rafael's handball is a weird feck up and every player is prone to them but I'll never understand why players throw themselves for these ridiculous tackles in attacking positions when they have zero hope of catching the ball but 100% chance of hurting the opposing player :houllier:
Rafael is too busy showing off his tough nature by throwing himself stupidly whereas more restraint could make him better.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Really underwhelming performance. I was looking for a performance which will give confidence for the midweek game.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Difficult first half. Like Neville keeps saying, Liverpools shape is keeping Mata and Januzaj out of the game pretty much.

Shame about the handball. It's so instinctive when you see the ball escaping you like that. Other than that, Rafa has been ace. Love seeing him get stuck in for the big games.

Jon Flanagan has had a good game so far. He's quite good for someone who looks like his mum and dad are siblings.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
I can't bear to watch the 2nd half - this will end up 3-0 to liverpool.

Who here thinks we'll turn it around in the 2nd half? I have very very little faith left now in Moyes.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
We were outplayed in the first half.
How many chances did this Liverpool domination create?

They were handed a goal by Rafael, i.e. the player we are not allowed to discuss replacing with a new RB despite not being available half the time.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
These commentators are shitting him off. It isn't a red. Rafael was looking to block the clearance, not take the man. Yellow and end of story for that bit.

Glanville95

Just hope dithering Dave will be proactive and make a positive change that will change the game, otherwise we'll go 2-0 down. Written in the script I suppose.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Rafael does have a mistake in him, on the big games... his penalty just shows it...

Jones has been great today so far, I don't know what he can do tough? do a diamond formation with Mata in the hole? bring on Valencia for Fellaini/Carrick? It's an odd one.

RustyS

We have absolutely no recognizable playing style. Are we a counter attacking side? Surely not since we don't have enough pace in the side. Are we a possession side? We can't keep possession in Liverpool's third so doesn't look like it. Are we a crossing side? If we are we wouldn't have started Mata on the right and Januzaj on the left. We ended up switching them and reverting to crossing because I guess that's the only strategy we are capable of remotely implementing.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Why? Mata used to shoot at Chelsea, he scored goals at Chelsea. Since he's moved here he's not really done much. Just keeps things ticking over and crosses a lot more than he used to.
As I've said, everybody look shades of themselves and it's not just about taking shots, it's about everything basically. I'm pretty sure Moyes didn't tell Mata 'if you've got place and time and you're at 17th yard, don't dare to shoot but please cross it to nobody in the box'.

Reactions: Rado_N

MarcRed96

That was a shite half from us. We're not creating many chances and not keeping the ball particularly well.

The next 45 minutes are absolutely crucial. Hopefully, however unlikely it seems at the moment, we manage to turn it around.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
They looked like the home team.
They did, but dicking all over us, C'mon!

They barely had a decent chance until the penalty, not disputing they've been the better team mind.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I can't bear to watch the 2nd half - this will end up 3-0 to liverpool.

Who here thinks we'll turn it around in the 2nd half? I have very very little faith left now in Moyes.
If only you could go to the matches and support the lads in person...

Status
Not open for further replies.