Manchester United vs. Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Phil1968

You know I remember watching Utd Liverpool games in the 70s and 80s when on occasions they were much better than us but I have never witnessed such a capitulation from us at home.Shambolic.No plan B not much of a plan A Moyes looked lost and didn't know how to change it.Our fans were absolutely superb the players should be ashamed.

Untied

Commentators are making it out as if this makes Liverpool real title challengers due to this game. Clearly they haven't noted the amount of rubbish teams that have been getting results against us this year. 4 wins from 14 games this year. I'm sure half the teams in the bottom half of the table have a better record than that
It's 5, but what a pathetic statistic.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
I'd sack Moyes, but its not his fault. Players just aren't turning up for him, reckon he's lost the dressing room.
Working the dressing room is an enormous part of being a successful manager. If he isnt able to handle the dressing room at a top club with higher expectations than Everton then its no ones fault but his. Motivating the players is the manager's job. We saw no motivation today in what should have been treated as the biggest game of the season based on occasion and rivalry.

jem

So a team of winners has been turned into a bunch of losers. Not the player's fault in my book.
It's everybody's fault. The likes of Carrick, Vidic, Ferdinand, Valencia, RVP and Evra deserve no excuses for their performances this year. Moyes' culpability lies in his absolute inability to do anything about such performances, along with his dodgy tactics and substitutions.

thepolice123

Just hearing the fans there give their everything makes it even worse. I believe for many of us, Manchester United represents something more than just football itself. This is just utterly depressing.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I have been in support Moyes camp but the dithering in his decision making is really worrying. SAF or even lesser good managers would have changed it soon. It is no crime taking RvP and Mata off if they aren't doing anything. If we go out in CL with limp perfromance and lose to City, I think that might be final nail in coffin.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
That in itself is Moyes' problem and fault. His inability to motivate and galvanise his players is one of many reasons where we are where we are. The manager of Manchester United needs to be a massive character who can handle the pressures of not only media scrutiny, but also the dressing room. Moyes is simply a feeble coward.
He's another Dave Sexton, nice guy, but not the personality for this club.

lilcurt

He won't get sacked. Bobby and Fergie have dug their heels on this ones, i think both will be stubborn about it.
I think their comes a point where they will be overruled.

Moyes looks out of his depth. Why was our first sub at 75 mins? he is prehistoric.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
No one is, but booing the team at home serves no purpose.

Removing that embarassing "Chosen One" banner would be a good way to show displeasure without falling to pathetic plastic levels with boos and jeers.
The purpose is that it shows the fans who paid to watch United play expected much better. Since you seeem to be the judge in deciding when to boo or not, when do you think It is right to boo on a topic that you deem as not subjective.

TheSamulator

classic sam. they love me, tbh
I think their comes a point where they will be overruled.

Moyes looks out of his depth. Why was our first sub at 75 mins? he is prehistoric.
I hope so, if things continue on like this.

Yes, i agree there. It was pretty obvious we needed something changing at half time.

RustyS

I wonder how long it will take some people to notice that it is not about playing Kagawa or not, RVP or not, Mata or Januzaj....It's all the same. Every lineup has produced roughly the same performances. The team has no identity. The players go out there and try to improvise. We don't know whether we should try to counter, keep possession, lump it forward, or run to the byline and cross. Each player seems to be doing his own thing and failing at it.

Something bigger than a lineup or a player who isn't playing well is obviously at play.

tippex

havent the heart to read through the whole thread but it was shocking the malaise that is running through the team. There was no spark from anyone. The amount of time each and every player wanted on the ball was ridiculous. I have been 100% behind moyes and not once have I thought he would go but I am starting to believe that if this continues he will not see past the summer.
Each one of the players need a kick in the bollox to cop themselves on. Really the only one who is blameless today is Degea and in fairness you could say that practically for the whole season.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
He won't get sacked. Bobby and Fergie have dug their heels on this ones, i think both will be stubborn about it.
Give Fergie time, he'll come to his senses. Today he looked shell shocked. Imagine what'll happen if we lose to City and Olympiacos. He'll quickly admit to being wrong.

Glanville95

Then if it doesn't work, they will have to take the criticism as well.
They have to take massive responsibility as it is now. Recommending this clown and subsequently hiring him could/will set us back years in us returning to near the top of the league. Just think where we could be right now if we had Mourinho or even a tactically adept manager.

redhoop

I hate losing to the dippers but, in the scheme of things, this doesn't matter. Their whole season used to revolve around beating us. We won loads and they won very little. They are currently resurgent - so? We couldn't dominate for ever. Now, we have to work at it and put up with the rebuilding period that will be necessary - so? Let's just suck it up and look to the future which hasn't just disppeared. Moyes' start may have been underwhelming but he hasn't turned into a moron overnight. And Brenton hasn't turned into a genius - efficient and well drilled but not world-beating yet. In their future, maybe, but not yet. They are currently greater than the sum of their parts while we are less. Looking at the current funding/organisation/management of the respective clubs, I can't see either of those situations lasting. It will take work and adjustment but we'll get there. I don't know if that will be under Moyes but I'd still rather give him the chance to buy with backing and see what can be achieved.

Gannicus

Fukk sake tv commentators. Liverpool weren't that great today. Truth is, we were dreadful.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I wonder how long it will take some people to notice that it is not about playing Kagawa or not, RVP or not, Mata or Januzaj....It's all the same. Every lineup has produced roughly the same performances. The team has no identity. The players go out there and try to improvise. We don't know whether we should try to counter, keep possession, lump it forward, or run to the byline and cross. Each player seems to be doing his own thing and failing at it.

Something bigger than a lineup or a player who isn't playing well is obviously at play.
Some of the line ups have been great, have given us hope of some good play. It is just not happening. These players do not trust the manager and that is a big thing.

jem

As shit as our season has been, this is the best and most vocal our support has been for a long time. Possibly the only positive to take from this season.
I have the greatest admiration for our match-going support. I've never had the privilege of seeing United live (well I saw them at an exhibition in Chicago once,) but the fact that you guys keep going strong in the face of such disaster is truly admirable.

MUFAN79

Moyes: "Well, I thought we played well. Had the majority of possession. The first goal was a bit unlucky. But, all we have to do is try to win the next game and take it from there."

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Moyes: "Well, I thought we played well. Had the majority of possession. The first goal was a bit unlucky. But, all we have to do is try to win the next game and take it from there."
He didnt really say that, did he? :nervous:

DevilRed

Typical performance you have come to expect from us. Start off with some conviction but somehow lose a scrappy goal due to luck/individual error. Then you can see us continually panic in defence and become increasingly frustrated in attack. Just unable to put any pressure on the opponent's defence and hence inviting them to attack us without too much worry (or vice versa).

Not for the first time this year we have lost the plot. This is a lost season and it hurts to see us fall so far. You know that the talent in personnel is there. For some reason however, we just aren't playing as a team and we have become so error prone all over the pitch.

I agree its partly Moyes's fault but the players need to look at themselves too. Its unlikely Moyes will be fired and one can only hope we will sell the players who don't want to be here and bring in ones that will get with the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.