Manchester United vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Really hope we lose this one, use a lot of substitute players and preferably dont play in the 3-5-2 (not going to happen, I know). Odds on Liverpool winning anyway because they've got more time to rest and supposedly are 'fresher' than we are. Just hope we'll leave them and their brilliant manager clueless about where we are standing. And the RAWK posts about how we're not going to be good enough for top 4 will be hilarious.

Will make it so much sweeter when we trash them twice or three times in a real competition coming season.
It's very likely both will field under strength sides and will make many changes during the game, we have already ruled out 4 players because of injury including Lallana & Markovic hence your manager and others (to be fair me included!), will also be left in the dark about how we line up once the real action starts. We played a back 4 against Milan that I wouldn't expect any to make the first league game, and Lovren didn't even travel over either.

It's unlikely we will be any the wiser after the game whatever the result.

How have we had more time to rest, didn't we play later than you in our last game - unless you have a much longer flight?

Last edited:

RedStarUnited

Really hope we lose this one, use a lot of substitute players and preferably dont play in the 3-5-2 (not going to happen, I know). Odds on Liverpool winning anyway because they've got more time to rest and supposedly are 'fresher' than we are. Just hope we'll leave them and their brilliant manager clueless about where we are standing. And the RAWK posts about how we're not going to be good enough for top 4 will be hilarious.

Will make it so much sweeter when we trash them twice or three times in a real competition coming season.
They played after us last night didnt they?

Last time a Van Gaal team played liverpool...

(Might not have been the manager)

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
It's very likely both will field under strength sides and will make many changes during the game, we have already ruled out 4 players because of injury including Lallana & Markovic hence your manager and others (to be fair me included!), will also be left in the dark about how we line up once the real action starts. We played a back 4 against Milan that I wouldn't expect any to make the first league game, and Lovren didn't even travel over either.

It's unlikely we will be any the wiser after the game whatever the result.

How have we had more time to rest, didn't we play later than you in our last game - unless you have a much longer flight?
Nah it was just what I thought I remembered reading on here, hadn't realized you played later on the same date as we did, didn't bother checking up on Liverpools tour at all.

Think you guys were playing Brondby and Preston when LvG was just coming in at United? So that's two extra games of prepartion. And the flight's shorter from North Carolina to Miami than from Michigan to Miami, but spending 1.5 hours extra in a jet plane probably doesn't make much difference. So don't know if you can actually be considered fresher.

I also just read Sturridge went home? Then we have a pretty good chance at winning, but I would still prefer losing for the reasons mentioned, plus losing to a rival side from the same league might add a little bit of extra urgency to reinforcing our squad.

Diadem @t.banty

My 1st half team against Liverpool would be:
De gea;
Jones - Smalling - Evans;
Lingard - Fletcher - Herrera - Young;
Mata;
Welbeck - Rooney.
2nd half team:
Lindegaard;
Jones - Blackett - Keane;
Lingard - James - Herrera - Shaw;
Kagawa;
Januzaj - Chicharito.
I really want to see James deployed in the holding midfield role. He has the awareness, positional discipline, techniques and passing skills to operate there. And we really need a backup for Fletcher because he can't continue to play for the full 90 mins consecutively, considering his health issues and age.
I love the look of Lingard in the wingback role against Madrid and he really offered much more than Valencia in that role. It would be great if he can be deployed there again.
Lastly, I want to see both Shaw and James in the same team for once.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Nah it was just what I thought I remembered reading on here, hadn't realized you played later on the same date as we did, didn't bother checking up on Liverpools tour at all.

Think you guys were playing Brondby and Preston when LvG was just coming in at United? So that's two extra games of prepartion. And the flight's shorter from North Carolina to Miami than from Michigan to Miami, but spending 1.5 hours extra in a jet plane probably doesn't make much difference. So don't know if you can actually be considered fresher.

I also just read Sturridge went home? Then we have a pretty good chance at winning, but I would still prefer losing for the reasons mentioned, plus losing to a rival side from the same league might add a little bit of extra urgency to reinforcing our squad.
Yes Sturridge has gone home, Lallana & Markovic probably won't feature either. Like I say neither team will be anything like the finished article yet.

Henrik Larsson

They played after us last night didnt they?

Last time a Van Gaal team played liverpool...

(Might not have been the manager)
Brilliant pass by Xavi, he was what, 21/22 years old back then? He himself always said he was the same player aged 28 as he was when he was 20 years old, just got a little more credit because other (big name) players left, and vids like this show he was right. He also gave the assist when Ronaldinho did that overhead kick iirc.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
We will be putting out a weak team probably. Can't see van Gaal wanting to make his best players play two games in 3 days at this stage.
This could be really shit. Beating Madrid is always good, but the squad flying home today would have been better.

Havak

Pokemon master
De Gea
Jones Evans Blackett
Valencia Cleverley Herrera Shaw
Kagawa
Hernandez Rooney
Fancy this starting line up, with Young, Fletcher, Mata, and Zaha to come off the bench in like-for-like changes.

An Irish Red

"I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Liverpool are conquerors? No, I'm Alexander, they're no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Matt Busby, I'm Alex Ferguson. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious."

Louis Van Gaals speech before the game. Probably.

khoazany

Lindegaard(Johnstone)
Jones(M.Keane) Evans Blackett
Lingard(Valencia) Cleverley(Herrera) Kagawa(Fletcher) Shaw(Young)
Mata
Hernandez(W.Keane) Rooney(Zaha)​

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Fecks sake.

No one is going to learn anything worthwhile from this match either way. It's just a pre-season friendly.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I can't think of a worse team to play in the final.
Lots of mouthbreathers who are gonna be all serious about it now. Meh. It'd have been more fun to play against Madrid or PSG or some such.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
3-1 to us!

Y.N.W.A!
Time to bring you lot back down to earth! Your honeymoon period is over.

BRING IT LVG!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Lots of mouthbreathers who are gonna be all serious about it now. Meh. It'd have been more fun to play against Madrid or PSG or some such.
Yeah. In reality, it'll be probably a shit game with teams having 1 day rest between games, and loads of reserves and subs probably. Of course it is United-Liverpool but I think that being the final just makes it more likely that somebody will get injured.

wayfarer

Guys who want us to lose lawl... Never lose against Liverpool, don't give a fukc if it's a friendly or CL finals.

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
Didn't want to play you, because whatever the result is there will be a severe overreaction from whoever wins and the media will be unbearable.

gasmanc

Banned
Fecks sake.

No one is going to learn anything worthwhile from this match either way. It's just a pre-season friendly.
There's a lot of this spouting going on, especially from your side of the fence, yes it's just a pre-season friendly but in reality that's not how it really is it if were to be honest here.

Sounds like an exercise in getting your excuse in early :smirk:

Irish-Red-7

3-1 to us!

Y.N.W.A!
Time to bring you lot back down to earth! Your honeymoon period is over.

BRING IT LVG!
X2

Can't wait to see Rickie get his first hat trick. Hendo to make a show off that Herrera la, Stevie G.. Brendan to school LvG

F*cking scum thinking they will get top 4, in for a shock..

We Go Again/YAWN

RustyS

X2

Can't wait to see Rickie get his first hat trick. Hendo to make a show off that Herrera la, Stevie G.. Brendan to school LvG

F*cking scum thinking they will get top 4, in for a shock..

We Go Again/YAWN
I admire your optimism but the ref will probably gift them a last minute penalty like refs always do. Frogie was in Florida earlier this year, la. What was he doing there if not talking to the refs?! Scum.

Y.N.W.A

Irish-Red-7

I admire your optimism but the ref will probably gift them a last minute penalty like refs always do. Frogie was in Florida earlier this year, la. What was he doing there if not talking to the refs?! Scum.

Y.N.W.A
Ye la, heard Howard Webb cut his holiday short today.. F*cking FA la, oul whiskey nose still has influence..

Y.N.W.A.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
There's a lot of this spouting going on, especially from your side of the fence, yes it's just a pre-season friendly but in reality that's not how it really is it if were to be honest here.

Sounds like an exercise in getting your excuse in early :smirk:
You're one of the most dreary posters around.

Henrik Larsson

Fecks sake.

O RLY? Thank you, Captain Obvious. I was just posting what would be my ideal scenario man.

Edit: you're a Liverpool fan :lol:

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Wow where have all these bitter scousers been hiding :lol:

Horizon

Wow where have all these bitter scousers been hiding :lol:
A second place finish and they all seem to come crawling out from under their rocks. Didn't even finish first when they had the league in their own hands and they want to brag? Pft, save it for when you actually win a league title...

in about 50 years time! We go again!

RustyS

A second place finish and they all seem to come crawling out from under their rocks. Didn't even finish first when they had the league in their own hands and they want to brag? Pft, save it for when you actually win a league title...

2nd is the new 1st, la. City bought the first place so the actual trophy for the other 19 teams is finishing second.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

Some of us have been around here a fair while posting through good & bad times (mostly the latter).

How you would know with just 14 posts I am not really sure.....

Brightonian

Didn't want to play you, because whatever the result is there will be a severe overreaction from whoever wins and the media will be unbearable.
Agreed. I would have much preferred it if we could just have flown home after the Madrid game, confidence high, and focussed on continuing that all-important preparation for the season ahead (not to mention getting a signing or two in.) It'll be impossible for either team or set of fans to see this as just a friendly, but a serious match is hardly what either club needs right now.

Plus there's going to be a serious risk of injuries with the ref in friendly mode and the players in derby mode.

Horizon

Some of us have been around here a fair while posting through good & bad times (mostly the latter).

How you would know with just 14 posts I am not really sure.....
You know you don't have to sign up to read on this forum? I've been reading on here for years but never signed up. So yes, I hope this clears that up for you!

Irish-Red-7

2nd is the new 1st, la. City bought the first place so the actual trophy for the other 19 teams is finishing second.
What do you reckon, next year la..

Clean sweep in my opinion 6 times in May, the league wrapped up by April.. Simon for the Golden Gloves, fair play award and hopefully the European Capital culture award.

Y.N.W.A.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Agreed. I would have much preferred it if we could just have flown home after the Madrid game, confidence high, and focussed on continuing that all-important preparation for the season ahead (not to mention getting a signing or two in.) It'll be impossible for either team or set of fans to see this as just a friendly, but a serious match is hardly what either club needs right now.

Plus there's going to be a serious risk of injuries with the ref in friendly mode and the players in derby mode.
Hopefully both sides don't play their strongest teams and therefore the winner has no right to relate it to the upcoming season. Also, it'll obviously reduce the risk of main players getting injured.

I can see this getting bad - both during the match and the aftermath :lol: it's just a friendly!

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Hopefully both sides don't play their strongest teams and therefore the winner has no right to relate it to the upcoming season. Also, it'll obviously reduce the risk of main players getting injured.

I can see this getting bad - both during the match and the aftermath :lol: it's just a friendly!
That will definitely be the case, Sturridge has been sent home and others won't feature either. Of our back 4 that started against Milan I don't see any of them playing in the first league game.

Status
Not open for further replies.