Manchester United vs Olympique Lyonnais (Wed 19th July, 14:00 UK time)

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Save me trawling through the first 11 pages for a first half summary - how did the first half boys play?

aeh1991

Kovar would be wasted as a number 2 as we don't play our backup much. He is 23, just won the title with Sparta Prague and was named GK of the year in the Czech league, would be hugely wasteful to sit him on the bench for 12 months. Sparta want him back and are playing in the CL this season so we will most likely send him back out on loan or sell to Sparta with a huge sell on fee built in.
Wasn't that more due to DDG having huge wages and the backup GK being Heaton and Dubravka/Butland? It might be different if you have a younger backup GK who is good enough to cover, but also needs playing time.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Why are keepers pulling out worldie saves in friendlies? feck off

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Save me trawling through the first 11 pages for a first half summary - how did the first half boys play?
Our left footed wingers can't score.

Maunoo will be class and will have game time this season. Alvaro needs another loan. Kovar > de Gea. Mount quiet. Hannibal chaos in all aspects, good and bad. Amad pretty much the same level as Antony and Sancho. Martinez, Varane, Wan bissaka same as usual.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Good first twenty minutes, Hannibal, Kovar and Mainoo looking good. They all faded after that. Antony and Amad really should have scored.

lysglimt

Scout
We could do worse than picking up Evans on a free if we want to save money

Oranges038

Commentator just said Lyon hilariously beat City in the CL to make the semis.

Nice little dig.

Dazzmondo

I don't think there was anything particularly interesting about 1st half tbh. First 10-15 mins looked promising with good pressing. Rest of half was pretty dull and nothing really happened

Threesus

What happened to Giflord. He is usually quick at posting highlights of goals

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Antony killed quite a few attacking opportunities in the first half as he cut back all the time, frustrating.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ref just blowing every time we go near a Lyon player