Manchester United vs Real Madrid (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Its not just the aesthetic apeal, he stretches the play which opens it up for the rest. Still it will be interesting to see what happens
Yea, I forgot to mention that. Aswell as the defensive support he gives to our team. The ball he won from the Real Madrid player will be overlooked, but that tackle lead up to the goal. I believe that is why so many managers rates him highly. He is a well rounded player that can contribute both offensively and defensively.

GRon

Because he's the attacking player and is up against their defenders, of course he's going to give the ball away. Do you even watch football...
The point is to play the percentages, and not run into defenders like Zaha. He should pass to team mates who are open rather than running into defenders.

alsabi

The question on everyone's lips: where was Miley Cyrus in that sequence?

Kakeru

With every passing game the mystery as to how David Moyes ever got close to this club grows and grows. The 8th wonder of the world.
Every time England fail at the world cup - the players get blamed for not being technical enough.....But it's extremely obvious that too many dinosaur coaches in England are to blame...You'd think with the millions of pounds that the likes of Moyes and Hodgson get each year for working that they would actually try and study a little about modern football methods in their free time instead of insisting on rigid forms of 442 that were popular 20 years ago in England with small teams like Wimbeldon to grind out results against better teams
Very solid point, this.

Until the FA grabs the bull by the horns to tackle those issues and favor studying modern football tactics, England will do nothing good on the big stage. All those dinosaurs have to be purged for everyone's good.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
The point is to play the percentages, and not run into defenders like Zaha. He should pass to team mates who are open rather than running into defenders.
No, his job is to assist and score goals as the forward, not percentages. That's not football. He's young ffs, they almost all have a rush of blood when they do that.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Love paddy, he's a transfer muppet like us all!

Lane

I'd say it should be Rooney, Mata, Welbeck. I see a lot of people downplaying Welbeck's importance in our link up play.
Welbeck was good in our link up play, as was Young. But i am not talking about that. I am talking about this little combo moments, like that free kick close to the end. When it's not so much about team playing well and players supporting the flow, linking up good, as rather two players being on the same wavelength, kind of having a connection of sort.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Someone should've slipped in a cheeky second or two of Vidal with his hands in the air.

the hea

Paddy is such a likeable guy he is an awful commentator but having him in the studio is like watching football with your grandfather

NYAS

Crerand just mentioned that he had a long conversation with Rooney this morning, who apparently said he's extremely happy with how things are going and also told Paddy about "a player we're supposedly getting", but Paddy didn't say more.

Stretford Red1978

Did everyone hear paddy crerand on the match then! He said he spoke to Rooney and he told him what player we were getting!!! It's a secret paddy said!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.