Kick-off
Tue, 2 December 2014 @ 7:45pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 52 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bastip92

TBH he did the right thing, hes a striker, he should have and he would have expected to bury it.
    Nah it would have been the easiest goal in the world if he just passed it to van Persie. But I don't wanna be to harsh on him, the run was excellent and I guess he was quite nervous.

Alex Styles

Very happy with the performance overall tonight but at the same time REALLY angry with the wasted chances. We simply have to be more clinical !

hbgreg

3 points. Get in. I don't even care, what an ending. Let's get Rooney and Falcao back and finish these games earlier. Wilson needs to pass that ball but like I said I don't care. Good game, Southampton here we come.

JakeTheRed

That was way too close. Should not have been that nervy towards the end. People giving Fletcher shit need to chill, he was out ill for years, we cannot simply just abandon him after what he's been through. It's not what our club does. Yes it was a mistake bringing him on at the end but some of these comments are so irrational. Anyway, 3 points is 3 points. Prepare for Southampton, lets go reds.

moxdevil

Poor attacking performance. Lucky at the end to escape with 3 points. Pretty clueless going forward; constantly resorting to hopeful crosses rather than precise play. Mata playing like the attacking midfield equivalent to Cleverley with his side-way passes to the wing all the time instead of looking ahead and in-field.

Smalling is stringing together good performances.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
    Bullshit. I generally agree that Fletcher isn't up to the standards of the club anymore, but it wasn't his fault in these last minutes.
    He let the Stoke forward waltz past him and Young ended up giving away a free kick as he was left one on one. Fletcher was completely left for dead.

Fletcher was a defensive substitution that merely invited pressure.

Redlyn

RVP to wilson and wilson to rvp are to big lost opportunities in this match

redevil2

In case anyone is interested, if city and Southampton lose tomorrow and we win our next game v Southampton, we will be climbing to second. Hmmm... It's possible.

Gannicus

The first order of business is get God (aka David De Gea) to sign a new contract before Real get their dirty mitts up his arse.

Neuer has some serious competition for top keeper on the planet.

doomy20

Average performance. We were very lucky in stoppage time. De Geas save and goal line technology saved us. We need to finish off games and smash those mid/bottom table teams - at least at home!
    And i think Falcao will never get better as long as he doesn´t get to start games :)

United98

De Gea and Ashley Young save us the 3pts.
    Thank God for both of them.

Reyoji-Utd

Nail biting at the end. It's a typical match with Stoke. Looks like not many can play good football with Stoke. The rhythm is a little bit slow but three points is what we need at this time.

bastip92

He let the Stoke forward waltz past him and Young ended up giving away a free kick as he was left one on one. Fletcher was completely left for dead.

Fletcher was a defensive substitution that merely invited pressure.
    Young didn't really have to give away that freekick and the guy who was marking Diouf at the far post (forgot who it was) could have done better too. I don't think he has done much wrong when he came on.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
    Nah it would have been the easiest goal in the world if he just passed it to van Persie. But I don't wanna be to harsh on him, the run was excellent and I guess he was quite nervous.
    I doubt it was nerves, he just broke through and saw the last defender off balance, he is thinking goal on my first start, I'm going for it.
    Yes he could have passed, but he is a player who has that ruthless instinct, if he thinks he can score he will go for it.
    RVP is the same too.

In hindsight he should have passed, but 9/10 he probably scores that chance.

Oop North

Average performance. We were very lucky in stoppage time. De Geas save and goal line technology saved us. We need to finish off games and smash those mid/bottom table teams - at least at home!
    And i think Falcao will never get better as long as he doesn´t get to start games :)
    Please. We were dominating up until that frantic end. Our backline looked very assured -- have done for a few games now -- and very rarely did Stoke look like threatening. Should have scored another couple, yeah, but there was never any doubt in my mind that we wouldn't take 3 points tonight.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
    TFletcher shit need to chill, he was out ill for years, we cannot simply just abandon him after what he's been through. It's not what our club does.
    Sorry buddy, but just because he was ill does not entitle him to play.
    We are Man Utd and only the best player should be allowed to play.
    if we feel pity for him, make him a coach, but dont allow him to play. I doubt that even Leicester would play him, he is that bad.

And BTW, the Man Utd way is to win. Sentimentality is not our way.
    Beckham, Keane, Stam - all great players for the club, but when they were not required, they were sold/sacked.

Hydra

I think a lot of players had very solid games tonight, bar a couple minutes here and there. (mostly the 91st minute +).

Big Dave, Carrick, Herrera, Mata, Rojo, (who capped his game with a goal, which clearly wasn't his, the cheeky fecker).

We really should have killed the game off earlier though.

The Red Thinker

If we play like this, then we will lose the next 2 matches... really a bad performance after wat we did against hull.
    Ermm... we let them in the last 10 mins. We need to keep that period quiet. We play like we did today, we'll stand a good chance of beating both teams coming up. The difference being we finish our bloody chances and this situation would ahve never happened.

bastip92

I doubt it was nerves, he just broke through and saw the last defender off balance, he is thinking goal on my first start, I'm going for it.
    Yes he could have passed, but he is a player who has that ruthless instinct, if he thinks he can score he will go for it.
    RVP is the same too.

In hindsight he should have passed, but 9/10 he probably scores that chance.
    Probably for the U21's. And hopfefully in a few months/years for the first team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 504 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Stoke win
  • Draw

Detailed Results