Manchester United vs Tottenham (Thu 25th July, 12:30 UK time)

Alemar

ANGEL GOMES SCORES!!! Amazing goal!!! What a beauty, unbelievable. Assisted by Mata, sadly - but yet again Mata assisted him from the penalty area, not from the right flank

Litch

We need to find a place for this lad in the team. He's a magician

Tiber

Beautiful2.

I have been thinking "I want to be excited by Gomes but I need to see a little end product" well that counts :drool:

Spielmacher

And as I said in my first post, it's not his fault he's made of glass. Yes he would probably have to alter his playing style to be able to play without having an injury, but at the same time it's not like he made his body so fragile, is it?
Nah, but I don't think there's many athletes in the world that would withstand his playing style without injury, which is why I think it's his own fault. I don't really see him changing his playing style or suddenly becoming more spatially aware. His best use is probably in a very high line against weak opposition, because of his recovery pace. All in all I'm not sure if it's worth it to keep him.

Kearnkoff69

ANGEL GOMES SCORES!!! Amazing goal!!! What a beauty, unbelievable. Assisted by Mata, sadly
Why is it sad that it was assisted by Mata? That kind of intricate link up play is why we originally brought him to United.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Well played Gomes!

The only players out of this eleven worth keeping are Gomes, Rashford, Axel and Lindelof.

leet

All of these matches lately are making me excited for the new season. Then I remember that these are just friendlies... Hopefully, we can bring this on in the league.

Last edited:

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I’m reliably told that Matic has a turning circle of a Maersk oil supertanker

jem

ANGEL GOMES SCORES!!! Amazing goal!!! What a beauty, unbelievable. Assisted by Mata, sadly - but yet again Mata assisted him from the penalty area, not from the right flank
What the hell does that mean?!

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yes but if they are not the right profile we dont want then.

Or if they cost too much we dont want them.
Why the feck would we want them if they were the wrong profile :lol:

United Hobbit

I've been at work so have only been able to follow the text commentary sounds like the first half was decent then the second half the usual suspects were causing the issues

I think people will have a lot more patience if Ole uses some of the youth players as people wont expect them to be great at everything straight away, whereas if the likes of Matic and co continue to slop along people will get annoyed

Hopefully we still make a couple of signings Ed needs to pull his finger out and do everything to support Ole, it's far too easy for him to remain safe while Ole is thrown under the bus