Manchester United vs Tottenham (Thu 25th July, 12:30 UK time)

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Venue: Hongkou Stadium, Shanghai, China
Tournament: International Champions Cup
Kick off time: 19:30 local, 12:30 UK
Channel: MUTV

United squad:

Goalkeepers: David De Gea, Lee Grant, Joel Pereira, Sergio Romero, Dean Henderson

Defenders: Diogo Dalot, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Eric Bailly, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Chris Smalling, Axel Tuanzebe, Luke Shaw, Ashley Young, Matteo Darmian

Midfielders: Tahith Chong, James Garner, Angel Gomes, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira, Paul Pogba, Fred

Forwards: Mason Greenwood, Romelu Lukaku, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
First game against Juventus tomorrow.
Really?? That's quite late given the season starts in 3 weeks. Yes the season finished late for them but this is cutting it too fine I think. They might struggle early on in the season.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
DDG
Bissaka-Smalling-Lindelof-Shaw
McTominay-Pogba
Gomes
Greenwood-Rashford-Martial​

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
DDG
Bissaka-Smalling-Lindelof-Shaw
Pogba-Fred
Gomes
Greenwood-Martial-Chong

I don't know if Chong will be available, but this is the team I would like to see.​

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
An average manager vs a legendary one.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:rolleyes:

Win two pre season games in a row and already some fans are losing it. Calm down mate the season hasn't even started yet.
Feck off, you obviously wasn't about for our win vs PSG, and we practically conquered all of London. :mad:

Canagel

Romero
Wan Bissaka Bailly Lindelof Dalot
Pogba Fredge Gomes
Greenwood Martial Rashford​

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Please give Gomes a start and a lot of minutes. Fully deserves its from what he’s shown every time he’s come on. Otherwise, I’m not bothered, we’re going to beat them anyway.

RedDevilRoshi

De Gea

Wan-Bissaka
Tuanzebe
Lindelof
Shaw

McTominay
Pogba

Chong
Gomes
Martial

Rashford

Score prediction:

Manchester United 3-2 Tottenham

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Are you @Amadaeus in disguise?
:lol: to be fair that statement is somewhat factual. However, Ole can make a name for himself this season if he continues to trust in youth, learn how to motivate his players to consistently perform at a high level and stick to a gameplan that gets result.

Ole is being supported by the board and if we get Maguire and Bruno/Longstaff then I have no doubt that he will do well this season.

In regards to this game, it will be a good match. I believe our squad depth will be proven to be superior as we alternate teams in both half.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
… In regards to this game, it will be a good match. I believe our squad depth will be proven to be superior as we alternate teams in both half.
You realise it's not a competitive match right?

I've no idea if United will view winning as some great victory, or what they seek from the game, but Spurs will likely be fielding a lot of young players, trying out different things and looking to boost match fitness.

ArjenIsM3

I've no idea if United will view winning as some great victory, or what they seek from the game, but Spurs will likely be fielding a lot of young players, trying out different things and looking to boost match fitness.
So will we since that's what we've been doing all tour but of course we will want to beat a domestic rival. Spurs will try to win this game too so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Amadaeus

Yea, but it is good for morale if we can go unbeaten during preseason. I rather see our players being competitive now and hit the ground running than look like we just came back from a vacation and lacking match fitness. I want to see a continuation of the performance we put in against Inter Milan but with some slight changes in players. I want us to start figuring out what players are going to start the first game of the season and build some chemistry within those players.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
So will we since that's what we've been doing all tour but of course we will want to beat a domestic rival. Spurs will try to win this game too so I'm not sure what you're getting at.
I'm responding to "I believe our squad depth will be proven to be superior …"

ArjenIsM3

I'm responding to "I believe our squad depth will be proven to be superior …"
Yes I can see that. Your point being? He's basically saying both teams will play their full backup squad at some point too and he rates our backup squad higher than yours.

Bwuk

De Gea
AWB - Axel - Lindelof - Shaw
Pogba - McTominay
Greenwood - Mata - Rashford
Martial​

Kostur

海尔的老板
:lol: to be fair that statement is somewhat factual. However, Ole can make a name for himself this season if he continues to trust in youth, learn how to motivate his players to consistently perform at a high level and stick to a gameplan that gets result.

Ole is being supported by the board and if we get Maguire and Bruno/Longstaff then I have no doubt that he will do well this season.

In regards to this game, it will be a good match. I believe our squad depth will be proven to be superior as we alternate teams in both half.
Aren't you guys pretty early into pre-season though?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Would love to see this

-------------------De Gea---------------
Wan-Bissaka-Lindelof-Tuanzebe-Shaw
-----------------McTominay-------------
----------Fred--------------Pogba------
Greenwood----Rashford---------James

Gerald G

Would love to see this

-------------------De Gea---------------
Wan-Bissaka-Lindelof-Tuanzebe-Shaw
-----------------McTominay-------------
----------Fred--------------Pogba------
Greenwood----Rashford---------James
Swan Tuanzebe with Smalling and I think this will be the starting 11

Amadaeus

Aren't you guys pretty early into pre-season though?
Nah I believe we have had three games so far :cool:. We are definitely more match fit than Spurs players who I believe are pretty early into pre-season. I am not sure though. I recalled pochettino getting Spurs to the champions league final without spending anything last season. A final they dominated and should have won, so perhaps due to that, they had a late pre-season.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Nah I believe we have had three games so far :cool:. We are definitely more match fit than Spurs players who I believe are pretty early into pre-season. I am not sure though. I recalled pochettino getting Spurs to the champions league final without spending anything last season. A final they dominated and should have won, so perhaps due to that, they had a late pre-season.

You don't deserve to win games where you create nothing until it's far too late.

Amadaeus

You don't deserve to win games where you create nothing until it's far too late.
Yea unfortunately Pochettino didn’t have quality players that night and was let down by some of his best performers. If you go back and see the analysis conducted by a SME in this domain, they stated that Pochettino did everything right and should have won, but the decision making, and end product from the Spurs players were poor. It is what happens when you have an excellent manager and players who are not good enough for the biggest honors.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Yea unfortunately Pochettino didn’t have quality players that night and was let down by some of his best performers. If you go back and see the analysis conducted by a SME in this domain, they stated that Pochettino did everything right and should have won, but the decision making, and end product from the Spurs players were poor. It is what happens when you have an excellent manager and players who are not good enough for the biggest honors.
By SME you mean Subject Matter Expert?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea
Wan Bissaka Smalling Lindelof Shaw
Gomes McTominay Pogba
Greenwood Rashford Martial​

Greenwood hat trick

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
De Gea
AWB Smalling (Bailly if not fit) Lindelof Shaw