Manchester United vs Tottenham (Thu 25th July, 12:30 UK time)

ArjenIsM3

Fred over Pereira. Although I agree with the rest it annoys me no end that Martial is in the best XI without having performed well for ages. We need somebody like Pepe to shake it up.
Except he plays on the left, and Pepe plays on the right. Plus we have James and Chong who are both left wingers. Enough competition there.

MrKazek

Except he plays on the left, and Pepe plays on the right. Plus we have James and Chong who are both left wingers. Enough competition there.
Chong is not ready yet imo. He should go for a loan somewhere to get more minutes

SirAnderson

You have got to give Lukaku some minutes at some point, don't you?
Nope, why give minutes to a player that clearly doesn't want to play for us...and that the manager doesn't see as part of his starting 11.
Clearly the club are fine with his "injury" to leave him out, which just means they are definitely not planning to include him in the first games of the season if he does end up staying, not because he wants to, but because Inter didn't meet the clubs valuation.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
DDG

AWB
Tuanzebe
Lindelof
Shaw

Fred
McTominay
Pogba

Greenwood
Martial
Rashford

Please

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Just play Gomes at 10, that's all I want. Tired of Lingard and Mata doing naff all in that role. One is useless on the ball and the other useless off it.

Dolf

Hoping for

DDG
AWB - Lindelof - Tuanzebe - Shaw
Fred - McTominay - Pogba
Greenwood - Rashford - James

SirAnderson

Nothing interesting this time.

Usual Ole positivity and another Lukaku not playing.

No more Pogba future qs, that rumour is seemingly dying.
Ah thanks.
Yeah the positivity is getting to some folks. :lol:
Well here's hoping we have a good game with no injury scares and some good chemistry going.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
This is Ole's first real test. Needs to prove he can beat a top 6 team outside of his honeymoon period.
You'd think He'll be able to make his own football club in 18 years due to the amount of honeymoon He's had.

SirAnderson

Do most rate Tuanzebe over Smalling? I know his terrible on the ball, but surely defensively better than the kid? Or is that just my tinted eyes that can't see shite for what it is...shite.
But I too would like to see if he can hold his own, but if we getting Maguire, his playing time will be limited even more.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Won't be this game.
Ole insisted he's not fit at all.

Next game or.. after that, for me AC Milan is probably it. If he's still staying.
lots of papers saying we won't play him until either the Inter deal goes through or falls through

Zeno

Need a link between midfield and attack and that probably means Lingard is best placed.
DDG

AWB
Tuanzebe
Lindelof
Shaw

Fred
McTominay
Pogba

Greenwood
Martial
Rashford

Please
Id have
- Smalling instead of Tuanzebe
- Lingard or Mata instead of Fred - we need a connection between midfield and attack. Would need the FBs to support McT in midfield.

JJ12

Do most rate Tuanzebe over Smalling? I know his terrible on the ball, but surely defensively better than the kid? Or is that just my tinted eyes that can't see shite for what it is...shite.
But I too would like to see if he can hold his own, but if we getting Maguire, his playing time will be limited even more.
Smalling is currently better imo - I think Tuanzebe will become the better though. He's already better on the ball but Smalling is very good defencively - unfortunately he's so shit technically people don't realise his defencive contributions.

Nick7

Smalling is better than Tuanzebe.

SirAnderson

Smalling is currently better imo - I think Tuanzebe will become the better though. He's already better on the ball but Smalling is very good defencively - unfortunately he's so shit technically people don't realise his defencive contributions.
So if Maguire doesn't come in, and we need stability at the back, would the choice be AWB Lindelof Smalling/Tuanzebe Shaw.

Being young, he will make mistakes, so not sure how viable it will be to through him in the deep end. So safer bet would be to stick with Mike until we can ease the lad in.

On topic though, hopefully we get him starting with Lindelof, would like to see him against PL opponents.

JJ12

Need a link between midfield and attack and that probably means Lingard is best placed.

Id have
- Lingard or Mata instead of Fred - we need a connection between midfield and attack. Would need the FBs to support McT in midfield.
Smalling is better of course. Good experience for Axel in this friendly.

Fred will be the deepest midfielder as he was for Shakthar and where he had his best games last season.

Pogba is the link from midfield to attack.

JJ12

So if Maguire doesn't come in, and we need stability at the back, would the choice be AWB Lindelof Smalling/Tuanzebe Shaw.

Being young, he will make mistakes, so not sure how viable it will be to through him in the deep end. So safer bet would be to stick with Mike until we can ease the lad in.

On topic though, hopefully we get him starting with Lindelof, would like to see him against PL opponents.
That's what I would expect

MS4

I guess we will see a 4231 with almost our best setup. I doubt we try lots of new stuff

NWRed

Just play Gomes at 10, that's all I want. Tired of Lingard and Mata doing naff all in that role. One is useless on the ball and the other useless off it.
That's all I want from today, 60/70 minutes of Gomes, whether at 10, 6, 11, 7, even in goal if needs be, if we don't start playing him we'll lose him.

TRUERED89

Id have
Wouldn't Pogba be the link; playing in the hole?

----Fred----------Mct---------

----------Pogba--------------

--Mason---Rashford----Martial----

JJ12

Wouldn't Pogba be the link; playing in the hole?

----Fred----------Mct---------

----------Pogba--------------

--Mason---Rashford----Martial----
That's what I would expect too. Maybe Fred slightly deeper but that's roughly it.

Dante

Average bang
Either a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Pogba in the hole.

Given everything we've seen Ole try to instil up until now, I'd guess that it's the latter. But that's only a guess.

Glad to see Greenwood on the right and James on the left again. They look like our best 'wing' options at the moment.

TRUERED89

That's what I would expect too. Maybe Fred slightly deeper but that's roughly it.
-----------------Fred-------------------

-------McT---------------Pogba-------

----Mason-----Rashford-------Martial---

Like this maybe??

Jacob

Chong and James are far from ready to contribute regularly to a top 6 side. I reduce them to cameos is cup games mainly, and home games vs weak PL teams. Pepe on the right means Rashford/Greenwood can play left, thus putting Martial on the bench.

lysglimt

Scout
Either a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with Pogba in the hole.

Given everything we've seen Ole try to instil up until now, I'd guess that it's the latter. But that's only a guess.

Glad to see Greenwood on the right and James on the left again. They look like our best wing options at the moment.
Greenwood looks like our best attacking weapon period - from what he has shown, I wouldn't be surprised if he scores a lot of goals this season

lysglimt

Scout
Chong and James are far from ready to contribute regularly to a top 6 side. I reduce them to cameos is cup games mainly, and home games vs weak PL teams. Pepe on the right means Rashford/Greenwood can play left, thus putting Martial on the bench.
Disagree with James - I think he would be excellent away from home. He is less likely to have an impact at home.