Manchester United vs Valencia (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ottosec

That guy in the studio with Big Ron and Robbo annoys the shit out of me for some reason.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I want to see Fellaini in the second half.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can we sign some good players please? Fecking hell.

Mata non existent and that penalty decision was terrible.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
FFS What the hell has happened to Young?

He's been good defensively and decent in attacking. This is unsettling lads.
Especially when he is actually better on the left side. Definitely our best player over the 6 pre-season games.

Bruno8

To be fair Valencia are playing well, very organized, closing all spaces, defending deep with 6 men in the box each time we attack. It will take a special moment for us to score at this rate

m1y2

fletcher was decent, looks like he can do that carrick role if he can maintain his fittnes which looks better than last year.. both wingbacks are decent as well james can be our sheamus coleman in terms of developement. I like blackett bombing forward. Our passing is quite fast but needs to link more with mata and rooney/chicha should be subbed of for more technical player ie Januzaj..

Walters_19_MuFc

This game reminds me of the Everton game away last season. Possession, possession, possession, and no end, or very little end product. That said, we've all been spoilt after such a good pre-season full of goals. Hopefully we'll liven up second half.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Back three is very solid, I'm impressed with how much stronger Smalling and Jones appear on the ball. Herrera has been great, but we've lacked cutting edge in the final third and out wide. Lacking the instictive play of Welbeck/van Persie. I'd get Januzaj on somewhere, get his genius working in the final third.

Mad Winger

Herrera has been good.

It's been a dire performance by pretty much everyone else. Not enough penetration from Mata, Rooney and Hernandez.

DeMono

Fletcher is nowhere to be found. We need Vidal. Our wings aee getting exposed, we need Di Maria to change to a 4-3-3 system.

Hope Fergie has a talk with Di Maria today.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The problem with Hernandez-Rooney striker partnership is that either stay in the same areas, or one of them move deeper, which is not good for our build-up play. This just won't work against opposition sitting deep.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
too many players playing safe and the tempo is too slow. Hopefully we bring Adnan on for Hernandez because we need someone tricky and forward thinking. Hernandez is working hard but we lack decent width for him and Valencia are sitting back

Y2A

Mata is a magician.

He is almost perfect at that disappearing act.

kps88

This is what a lot of our games at OT are going to look like. Up to us to find the creativity and pace needed to open them up. And you have to wonder if it's worth having three at the back when the opposition have 10 men behind the ball.

Dazzmondo

The only players that haven't impressed have been Rooney, Mata, Hernandez and Fletcher imo, all the others doing well. However, the build up is dreadfully slow and we're not testing their defence enough. Too much passing among the back 3. Blackett's been great again, same with Smalling, James got better as the game went on, got past his man quite a lot, Jones decent, Young looking great again, Herrera has been our MOTM so far imo, great in the box to box role, Fletcher has been poor despite that marvellous pass to Rooney, Mata has been dire, very disappointed in him against his old club, Rooney has been very poor, not offered much and diving in a pre season game? Wtf's that about? Hernandez has been anonymous and is hurting the build up imo. Not the right game for him, very slow build up and Valencia sitting deep (again, wtf?). Januzaj and Fellaini will definitely be coming on at half time imo and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kagawa come on either considering how poor Mata's been.

There have been positives, but also negatives and most of the negatives have revolved around our slow approach. A change is necessary to score imo. Has been a very boring game overall.

If Moyes was still our manager this Valencia team would have had most of the possession against us and would have been pushing us back. It's been the opposite of watching David Moyes' United.

itso 7

We aren't doing much offensively, I think Mata needs to be more involved and we should try to penetrate through the middle a lot more.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Mata is invisible, I hardly remember him touching the ball. We are missing Welbeck badly, we simply need player up front who can run at opposition defence.

Btw that penalty was ridiculous, it's obvious from the start that ref is favouring us whoch is also ridiculous because it's a friendly, those from Valencia might get mad for that.

GRon

Back three is very solid, I'm impressed with how much stronger Smalling and Jones appear on the ball. Herrera has been great, but we've lacked cutting edge in the final third and out wide. Lacking the instictive play of Welbeck/van Persie. I'd get Januzaj on somewhere, get his genius working in the final third.
I think Hernandez's lack of involvement in build-up play is affecting us. We have always looked much better with Welbeck this pre-season.

Sir Fergie

Dull half - we've moved the ball around well but there hasn't been much penetration when he's reached the final 3rd. Doesn't help that Valencia have a lot behind the ball but that's what we're going to be coming up against in the league on a regular basis. Might be a switch to 433 at half time to try and break them down with something a bit different.

Blackett and James are very encouraging, confident with the ball bringing it out and looking to take players on at times. Anyone else think we could see them both at the weekend?

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
That guy in the studio with Big Ron and Robbo annoys the shit out of me for some reason.
Good to see Ron back on tv. Hopefully he's put that incident behind him. He's quite an insightful commentator.

vidal7

If we sign Di maria along with the V, i think LVG will shift to a 4-3-3. This system isnt that fluid and flexible and relies on Too many Long balls. Its solid yes but not too good.

Also reece james was caught out of position 3 times in 15 mins at the start, dont know why people say he is motm so far. Ashley young has made a couple of mistakes too, our chances came from good long passing from two of the best players from us in fletcher and herrera.

I think for this system to work we NEED welbeck, we need pace for one striker to stretch the defense. Its going to be difficult without him. Also welbeck's build up play and understanding with mata is 2 levels above than hernandez.

Hernandez Should be gone, he has no chance in either systems and welbeck will be third choice, i like hernandez he gave us great service, we should not stop his international career and also he does not deserve to be just on the bench.

We need signings in midfield, wing and defense. People thinking top 4 will be easy are simply joking. Liverpool have a much more fluid and working system, they have so much pace and that is why i think we are behind andy of the top 4.
Even behind everton if we dont sign players. LVG is good, but he is not magician, our squad is too unbalanced and people are living off old reputations. I hope we sign players and shift to a 4-3-3.

Thomas#7

Fletcher has been anonymous in midfield. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing De Jong come in to plug that glaring hole.

GRon

If Moyes was still our manager this Valencia team would have had most of the possession against us and would have been pushing us back. It's been the opposite of watching David Moyes' United.
True that. Which is why I get annoyed when people say we are playing like Moyes' team.

Status
Not open for further replies.