Manuel Neuer

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Yes but if the price Bayern offer is sufficiently low it might be worth keeping him.
Yeah but he is going to leave on a free next season if he stays another year. Wouldn't you wanna get something rather than nothing?

I mean its not like Bayern are only offering £5m. I am pretty sure they are ready to offer £12-15m. Its the £20-24m range that Schalke are holding on too which Bayern are reluctant to meet. Its pretty intelligent on the part of Bayern. Schalke will eventually agree to a lesser fee and if they don't they won't even the £15m because he will leave on a free next season.

Shimo

Yeah but he is going to leave on a free next season if he stays another year. Wouldn't you wanna get something rather than nothing?

I mean its not like Bayern are only offering £5m. I am pretty sure they are ready to offer £12-15m. Its the £20-24m range that Schalke are holding on too which Bayern are reluctant to meet. Its pretty intelligent on the part of Bayern. Schalke will eventually agree to a lesser fee and if they don't they won't even the £15m because he will leave on a free next season.
Schalke could still sell him in the January window if they don't in the summer. It would put Bayern in a bit of a jam for the first part of the season unless they are confident that Butt can be the man. Then again, if Butt can be the man for next season, why not wait till Neur is available on the free.

Also, waiting for another year means that Neur could change his mind about staying in Germany especially if offered a huge signing bonus some place else. He could also demand it from Bayern; or if Bayern are playing hardball and Schalke aren't budging - having already said to the fans that he is leaving, he may decide that to go with another club that is offerering Schalke's asking price so as not to have to deal with the abuse.

Bayern don't have it all their own way in this situation but, a deal will be done, Schalke may not get how much they want but, Bayern will probably have to pay more than what they want to.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Blow for Manchester United as Manuel Neuer set to join Bayern for £22m
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 10:05 AM on 12th May 2011

Manchester United's hopes of signing Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer have been dashed after Bayern Munich agreed a deal for the stopper worth up to £22million (€25m).

The 25-year-old is the hottest property in world football at the moment after two phenomenal seasons which have seen him claim the German No 1 spot and produce what Sir Alex Ferguson called 'the best performance ever by an opposing player' against United.

Is that the way to Munich: Schalke's goalkeeper Manuel Neuer is set to join Bundesliga rivals Bayern this summer
That fine showing in the Champions League semi-final reignited Ferguson's interest in Neuer, but after making tentative approaches to Schalke, United now appear ready to admit defeat.

German publication 'Kicker' revealed on Thursday that Bayern had agreed to pay £15.5m (€18m) up front for the German international with add ons of £2.6m (€3m) for winning the Bundesliga and £3.5m (€4m) for glory in the Champions League.

It is now expected that Bayern will parade their new signing in the weeks after the domestic season finishes, between May 23-26, after Neuer signs the four-year deal worth £5.25m (€6m) a year in wages.
The announcement appears to bring to an end one of the season's longest-running will he/won't he transfer sagas that has seen claim and counter claim from all parties.

Top stopper: Neuer is the hottest property in the goalkeeping world
Only last month Neuer ruled out the possibility of a switch to the Premier League, saying: 'United scouts have come to Germany to watch me in the past and I'm absolutely flattered. But a move to England was not an option for me at this stage.

'At this moment, I cannot say for sure where I will be next season because I leave that to other people, but I don't expect it will be in England even though I respect the football and culture of that great football country.'
Things changed, however, when Bayern took a step back from the sale by admitting an agreement seemed unlikely because of the disparity in value between them and Schalke.

But with Neuer entering the final year of his contract, it seems Schalke have buckled for fear of losing their prize-asset for nothing next season.
Daily Mail

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
After our first leg match Neuer himself said there had been no contact from United and it was just the press making stuff, didn't he?

"Big blow for United as keeper who wasn't in their sights signs for the club everyone already knew he was signing for."

davisjw

"True" German players (born, raised, parents from Germany) tend to stay in Germany it seems in recent years.

The likes of Neuer, Podolski, and Schweinsteiger would all be brilliant signings this side of the pond and I'd happily take a few.

Wouldn't mind seeing a hard German come into our ranks. We've never had a proper one.

VoetbalWizard

"True" German players (born, raised, parents from Germany) tend to stay in Germany it seems in recent years.

The likes of Neuer, Podolski, and Schweinsteiger would all be brilliant signings this side of the pond and I'd happily take a few.

Wouldn't mind seeing a hard German come into our ranks. We've never had a proper one.
Lulz...Poldi is not a 'true' german. He' polish mate.

forevrared

Are non-white Germans born in Germany not true Germans?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Let's face it, the media aren't certain who we want, they don't REALLY know. Could be someone else.
But they do seem to know that every other team that signs a player is a blow for us. Apparently Ashley Young, now going to Liverpool as well, is a blow to United.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Daniel Taylor exclusive : Alex Ferguson confides in me about the agony of missing out on Neuer.
Patrick Barclay exclusive: Arsene Wenger is a genius for refusing to sign useless Neuer.

Amir

But they do seem to know that every other team that signs a player is a blow for us. Apparently Ashley Young, now going to Liverpool as well, is a blow to United.
That's been the story for years... I'm sure last year someone wrote we lost out on Joe Cole as well.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That's been the story for years... I'm sure last year someone wrote we lost out on Joe Cole as well.
Still rueing that one aren't we?;)

Look, Neuer was never a realistic signing as the deal between him and BM was already in place...everything else since has been smoke and mirrors

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
£22m is a terrible price.
Which further underlines my belief that this deal was done before the start of the season and part of that was he'd play the 10/11 season with Schalke otherwise he'd have gone for more

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Which further underlines my belief that this deal was done before the start of the season and part of that was he'd play the 10/11 season with Schalke otherwise he'd have gone for more
£22m for a goalkeeper is a lot, and he has only a year left on his contract. Next year they could have him for nothing and he wouldn't move elsewhere as he has his mind set on Bayern that much, so paying £22m really does seem like a fortune.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
ChristianMcr Christian Machowski

Details of Neuer deal to Bayern. 18m Euro transfer fee, another 3m Euro if/when Bayern win the league and another 4m if Bayern win CL title

Leg-End

He was never our number one target was he? Atleast not until the first leg, I've a feeling with have someone already wrapped up.

SirAF

Ageist
My guess is that we have Stekelenburg wrapped up, I'd be happy with that.

wr8_utd

:'(
According to @guardian_sport Bayern Munich are claiming they've agreed a deal to sign Neuer from Schalke - fee worth £13m. Bargain!

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
According to @guardian_sport Bayern Munich are claiming they've agreed a deal to sign Neuer from Schalke - fee worth £13m. Bargain!
With one year remaining on his contract that is about right..always thought Schalke were being a bit greedy!

Lance Uppercut

Schalke chairman Clemens Toennies has revealed that goalkeeper Manuel Neuer may stay at the club next season.

The goalkeeper's protracted move to Bayern Munich is still far from complete, according to the Royal Blues' chief.

Germany international Neuer has already told Schalke he will not renew his contract, which expires in June 2012.

And Neuer may have played his last game for the club after leading them to their fifth German Cup title on Saturday with a 5-0 thumping of second division Duisburg.

However, Toennies claims a deal is far from complete for the 25-year-old shot-stopper.

"We still have one or two other considerations and it may well be that he will remain a year," Toennies told German television channel ARD.

"I think that over the next week a decision will be announced.

"He is a key player, so we are not making it easy."

Neuer claims he is in the dark about where he will play next season after playing the full 90 minutes at Berlin's Olympic Stadium.

"I have no idea and I can't say when an announcement will be made, because I have no information and I am also waiting to hear."

Meanwhile, Schalke's director of sport Horst Heldt said Bayern Munich's reported offer of around £22million will not be renegotiated.

"Now we have to make a decision," he said.
F365.

I thought this was done and dusted?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If anything we learn in the GK department is don't save for bargain, like someone said before, we don't have the patience and luxury to blood GK, they're crucial for a club with our ambition.

GK mistakes can be very costly and proven to be vital.

besides, we get a GK , a little few more M can sort us for years in that department, GK don't move around much

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
Schalke want to squeeze Bayern for a few more millions but at the end of the day this deal will happen, Schalke can't afford to lose 20 million euros.

That said, it shouldn't matter anyway. From SAF's words today it sounds like the deal with our new keeper is done or almost done.

Amir

Correct, Lailiani. We have our target, it's not Neuer. I don't care where he ends up. But it will be Bayern.