ManUtd player of the month - August

Who is your Player of the Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Who is your player of the month for August?

Fixtrues:
Aug 8 Vs Real Madrid (Lost 2-1)
Aug 13 Vs West Ham (Won 4-0)
Aug 19 Vs Swansea (Won 4-0)
Aug 26 Vs Leicester (Won 2-0)

RedCafe Ratings for the matches
Vs Madrid
MOTM
- Matic
Top 5 Highest rated players: Matic, DeGea, Valencia, Fellaini, Rashford

Vs West Ham
MOTM
- Matic
Top 5 Highest rated players: Matic, Lukaku, Pogba, Martial, Rashford

Vs Swansea
MOTM
- Pogba
Top 5 Highest rated players: Pogba, Martial, Jones, Mkhitaryan, Bailly

Vs Leicester
MOTM
- Jones
Top 5 Highest rated players: Jones, Rashford, De Gea, Bailly, Pogba

Player Stats:
Goals:

Lukaku - 4 (3 in league + 1 is super cup)
Martial and Pogba- 2
Bailly, Rashford and Fellaini - 1

Assists:
Mkhitaryan - 5
Martial - 1
Lingard - 1
Rashford - 1
Pogba - 1

Chances Created:
Mkhitaryan - 13
Pogba and Lukaku - 6
Martial and Mata- 5
Rashford - 4

Tackles won/Tackles attempted
Matic - 9/12
Valencia - 7/7
Blind - 5/7
Bailly 4/5
Mkhitaryan, Pogba - 3/6
Jones - 3/5

Interceptions:
Jones - 8
Blind - 6
Bailly - 4
Matic - 4
Mkhitaryan, Valencia, Mata, Pogba - 3

Clean sheets:
De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Jones, Blind - 3/4 (2 goals conceded)

Stats don't tell the full story but just giving some basic stats in case people forget how player did over the month.

@Mods/Admins (@KM @Damien) Can you please add poll with all the players played? We can take top 3 players of the month and add them to the OP, we can do this for every month.

Last edited:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Matić or Miki I guess. Miki, for me, has still not stepped up so to say but statistics defend his great contribution.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Mkhitaryan statistically the best output for his role in terms of end product. The biggest step up from last year.

5 assists in 3 games, last year all year he had 1!

Andersons Dietician

Good question. There have been good performances but no really really outstanding ones and one of the best performers has only played like 120mins. I think maybe I'd give it to Matic.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Add Redcafe ratings for the matches. MOTM and also top 5 players for the matches as rated by the Caf.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Mkhi?

5 assists in 3 games is great, but c'mon, his overall performances haven't been great.

Matic, Jones, and Pogba have delivered far more consistently over the 270 minutes.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I reckon it's between Matic and Pogba. Mkhi is unlucky to miss out given how productive he's been but I feel he's drifted out of games a little too much.

Honourable mention to Jones who's been great at the back.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Mkhitaryan, Matic or Jones, for me. Quite undecided on this one.
One of them or Pog or Rash.
Mikhi's assist stats kind of flatter his performances, but hell, if you can have a quiet game and still get one or two assists, you're still influencing matches.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Matic. I cannot believe my eyes at the mentions of Mkhi :houllier:, yes 5 assists but he's been really bad.
yeah it's pretty weird to see people placing assists in such high regard, considering there's zero mentions of Lukaku on 3 goals despite that being far better than 5 assists, you could argue his assists were nothing special either. A corner and 4 pretty close range passes.

Quizierda

Would say Pogba because he's been great IF there wasn't a guy walking into our First XI and playing alongside Pogba if he's done it for years with (nearly) no pre-season: Matic!

So for me it's him. Had high expectations of him but he's already surpassed that and a great amount of Pogbas performances should be credited to him. He gives Pogba the freedom to do what he can do best: driver the ball forward, shot, pass!

Jippy

Staff
yeah it's pretty weird to see people placing assists in such high regard, considering there's zero mentions of Lukaku on 3 goals despite that being far better than 5 assists, you could argue his assists were nothing special either. A corner and 4 pretty close range passes.
The two Swansea assists were top drawer, especially the blind reverse pass to Pog.

Matic.

Miki, Pogba, Lukaku and others have been great, but Matic is the reason they have been great.

Havak

Pokemon master
Lots of candidates for me.

Before I looked at the full statistics, the person who sprang to mind first was Paul Pogba. He's made an excellent start and is showing what we were to expect from him when we re-signed the guy. He's starting to control games and offer more of an end product. While his goals and assists aren't quite going to match the players in more advanced areas of the pitch (why should they, really?) I do think he's having more of an impact on the overall game. I'd probably go with Pogba because of this, but Mkhitaryan has made such a massive difference in terms of making chances and goals and Matic has made that midfield so solid.

Pogba
Mkhitaryan
Matic

Honorable mentions for Jones and Lukaku.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Yeah that one was very good.

My point is mostly that 5 assists should not beat the level of consistency we've seen from Matic and Jones.
Yes I think that's about right. I've liked Pogba too but actually it's worth remembering he got rattled against Swansea and could have been sent off. Probably between Matic and Jones, with Matic shading it for me.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This idea that all Mkhitaryan does is show up to pass a ball before someone scores and then does feck all for the rest of the match is absolutely baffling. He's literally created double the amount of chances than anyone else in the squad. Not only this, but his relentless aggression/pressing in the final third is making up for what somebody like Ander Herrera would offer in the team. Look at the recoveries he helped make last game against Leicester, for instance. At times he was sort of playing as a third central midfielder.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Mhkitaryan

Unfortunately other than his flashy league debut against West Ham much of what Matic does is unnoticed whereas Mhkitaryans contributions have been more obvious (and generally looks our most likely attacking player)

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Jones and Matic are my joint highest rated players. I'd give it to the latter, as he played in all of the games.

Jippy

Staff
Huh? No? it's your claim that he's been 'turning games'. How can he turn the games if we're already winning the match..
Ok, but it was nervy still at 1-0 v Swansea before he set up Rom. Was a valuable assist.
Assists are weird full stop. It can be a sublime pass or a shank off your shin but it still counts the same.

Epicurean

Supports
Ajax
Mkhitaryan has been very good and the main outlet for United's attacking impetus.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Matic or Mkhitaryan.

Having Matic has changed the whole dynamics of the team. I believe he is a massive reason to why we have not conceded yet.

Mkhitaryan has 5 assists in 3 games. It is difficult to argue with them statistics.

pacifictheme

Mkhi?

5 assists in 3 games is great, but c'mon, his overall performances haven't been great.

Matic, Jones, and Pogba have delivered far more consistently over the 270 minutes.
I know what you mean. Attacking / creative players will always be inconsistent and frustrate at times, but 5 assists in 3 games is a brilliant return. Hes right up there with pogba and matic for me.