ManUtd player of the month - August

Who is your Player of the Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AdNani

Was between Jones, Matic and Pogba for me, Lukaku just falls short of that group.

Opted for Jones. Been excellent in every game hes played in.

NotQuiteManc

Matic, Pogba or Jones for me for their consistent performances throughout the three league games.

Miki has good stats but he wasnt as consistent as the others unlike what the stats suggest. A step up from last season though and hope he and the others continue to improve.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Matic has been the standout for me, closely followed by Pogba and Bailly.

The whole team has contributed to an extent, some more so than others obviously.

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
For me it's between Pogba and Matic. They were very good in all 3 games, Matic was good against Madrid too.

Mkhitaryan and Jones next in the list. I think few are downplaying Mkhitaryan's role, saying he wasn't involved or disappeared is just making up things to prove something.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Matic or Mkhi for me, but I went with Mkhi. He can still lose the ball and faff around, but he's really transformed that team along with Matic and the improvment of Pogba. Assist king.

Eire Red United

Matic for me, with honourable mentions for Pogba, Jones, Bailly, and Martial, whos been good but obviously hasn't played as much. De Gea obviously excellent as always but has been quite quiet thankfully.

Paul_Scholes18

Many good options that can get it. Overall I think Matic has probably been most consistent. Done well in all 4 games so I guess he should be given it. Jones and Bailly has been rock solid in all 3 league games as well.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Matic for me. MotM by a mile in the first Prem match, brilliant in the 2nd too, good performance in the 3rd.

Jones, Pogba and Martial also very good but Martial hasn't played enough to get it and Pogba has still been inconsistent with his decision making, regardless of strong overall performances. Lukaku has been consistently good without standing out for me.

Paul_Scholes18

Was between Jones, Matic and Pogba for me, Lukaku just falls short of that group.

Opted for Jones. Been excellent in every game hes played in.
If only the league games I think maybe Jones edges it. Although Matic was great against Real madrid as well so maybe he deserves it for that.

Todd

Anyone notice a trend regarding pretty much every player commonly nominated in this thread? All play in the spine of the team.

Jones, Matic, Pogba, Henrik. Our greatest strength so far has been right up the middle of the pitch, from front to back.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I've gone for Micky, purely for the assists.

Three clean sheets is impressive for De gea, too - worth a mention.

:lol: one vote for Herrera... has he even played a minute for us this season?

Ravelation

Krump at me Bro
Chances Created:
Mkhitaryan - 13
:eek:

Can i change my vote? That's insane. He hasn't even played to the best of his ability.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Tough. I'd say Pogba overall, but that seems to be largely about how Matic has helped unleash him.

Fantastic pairing. Who would have thought while we pined for Fabinho (who?).

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think Mkhi's been very good. He definitely deserves to be in contention.

It's a tough one between Matic and Jones for me. I think I'd have to give it Jones, but only just.

Dazzmondo

Pogba easily from our attacking players. Jones and Bailly honourable mentions.

MuranoLover

Loved Matic and what he brought to us , but chose Pogba only because of the much more effort he is putting on the ground and willing to show his love for us

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The positive thing is that we have several contenders and it's hard to pick just one. Matic, Jones, Lukaku, Mhkitaryan all did well but for me, Pogba tops it

Joeace2020

Mkhytaryan for me. Some people are talking of Lukaku's goals but if we spread out those three goals across 1-0 wins in three matches, then Lukaku comes out on top but if you spread out Mkhi's assists across 1-0 wins, you would have five matches won by him. That's how valuable his assists have been. But then again we are only 3 matches in. #dizzy

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Looks like top 3 players for this month would be Matic, Pogba and one of Jones or Mkhitaryan. I agree with the poll, it was between Matic and Pogba with Jones and Mkhitaryan close 3rd.

Dir Wangem

Mkhitaryan for me.

5 assists and 13 chances created in just a month is game-changing to say the least.

Needham

I want to say Matic but it probably has to be no initial vowels.

SAFicus

Pogba, the caf seems more critical of him than anyone and it's ridiculous. He's been fantastic and when swansea were getting dirty he gave it back... Keano/Scholes esque.

Matic was fantastic too, but it's Pogba for me and I can't see how anyone can say he's not in the running.