ManUtd player of the month - August

Who is your Player of the Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Pogba, the caf seems more critical of him than anyone and it's ridiculous. He's been fantastic and when swansea were getting dirty he gave it back... Keano/Scholes esque.

Matic was fantastic too, but it's Pogba for me and I can't see how anyone can say he's not in the running.
Exactly. For example Matic tried to play cross field pass which was poor and intercepted by Leicester player and counter attacked. Mahrez had acres of space but Gray played the pass bit late. I don't think it was mentioned in the Matic's performance thread post match, for Pogba it's micro analysis. Every mishit pass is analyzed, every small detail on the field too.

SAFicus

Exactly. For example Matic tried to play cross field pass which was poor and intercepted by Leicester player and counter attacked. Mahrez had acres of space but Gray played the pass bit late. I don't think it was mentioned in the Matic's performance thread post match, for Pogba it's micro analysis. Every mishit pass is analyzed, every small detail on the field too.
Yeah, but next thing you know someone will use the respective fees to justify it all because obviously the transfer fee has an impact on how well a player performed in any given game (except in the Bale thread of course) :nono::rolleyes:

RedDevil@84

Pogba, the caf seems more critical of him than anyone and it's ridiculous. He's been fantastic and when swansea were getting dirty he gave it back... Keano/Scholes esque.

Matic was fantastic too, but it's Pogba for me and I can't see how anyone can say he's not in the running.
Not really. He costed a lot, takes a hefty pay and is hyped to be a superb midfielder, one who could one day be in contention for the Ballon D'Or and such stuff.
So more and more closer analysis will be done for him, because expectation (and potential) is higher than someone say Matic or Fellaini.

SAFicus

Yeah, but next thing you know someone will use the respective fees to justify it all because obviously the transfer fee has an impact on how well a player performed in any given game (except in the Bale thread of course) :nono::rolleyes:
Not really. He costed a lot, takes a hefty pay and is hyped to be a superb midfielder, one who could one day be in contention for the Ballon D'Or and such stuff.
So more and more closer analysis will be done for him, because expectation (and potential) is higher than someone say Matic or Fellaini.
:lol:

RedDevil@84

And you missed the whole part where I said his expectation levels are higher and only saw the transfer amount thing.
Talk about being selectively blind.

If you think he should not be criticized because hey!! we never criticize Fellaini for not having dribbling skills, then suits yourself.

Zoo

Pogba has been the heartbeat of everything. Closely followed by Matic and Jones.

SAFicus

And you missed the whole part where I said his expectation levels are higher and only saw the transfer amount thing.
Talk about being selectively blind.

If you think he should not be criticized because hey!! we never criticize Fellaini for not having dribbling skills, then suits yourself.
More laughing at the timing of the two comments, but for me nobody comments on Madrid's squad value when they win back to back champions leagues.

If you win the cost fades from memory. Does pogba play 89m times better than Lingard every week?

EDIT: and that's me out of posts for the day.

Jib

I see a lot of people saying that if Pogba is this good, it's because of Matic. But Chelsea fans say Matic was not as good last season. Maybe thanks to Pogba ?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'd say, we would crumble if Pogba hasn't there to perform as he was, compared to Matic or Jones. Thus, Pogba for me.

Walters_19_MuFc

It's a hard one because everyone's been really good, in my opinion, but there's a few players that have been fantastic.

I think the addition of Matic has provided us with a great balance. Not only that, but his experience and leadership has shone through. Constantly speaking to our players and organising them. We've looked solid overall, and a lot of it is down to him.

Pogba has been the glue. Everything goes through him. You could argue that had we not had him, we'd not be creating as much as we would be. In Pogba, especially when in the deeper role, we have someone like Scholes who gets on the ball and piece everything together. He does need to improve - in terms of being able to control games for a longer period, but he really has been a massive reason as to why we've been creating so much and dominating teams. He's also started to get the ball in the net, as opposed to hitting the post.

Mkhitaryan, despite making 5 assists and God know's how many created chances, hasn't done as much as Pogba and Matic, in my opinion; in terms of overall performance. Having said that, goals or assists win you games, and that's what he's done.

Having said all of that, I've gone with Jones as my player of the moment, which probably seems a bit crazy seeing as we've scored 10 goals in 3 games, an our attack has been a lot more clinical in front of goal, in comparison to last year. However, we have also kept three clean sheets, and a lot has been down to our back four, in which I feel Jones has been the stand out player.

It's something I say every time I'm talking about Phil Jones, but I hope he can stay fit. If so, then, to me, I don't see why he can't be one of the best centre backs in the league. He and Bailly seem to be forming a decent partnership. Long may it continue.

GM K

Matic, Miki and Pogba surely deserve the award but I am giving it to Jones. He has really impressed me. Very easy to underestimate the contributions of defenders at times but one has to appreciate Jones this season. I never particularly rated him high but he has absolutely surprised me so far. What I like most is his consistency, positioning, timing and pace. He has even been decent with the ball at his feet.

Bestietom

Between Pogba and Matic for me, with Pogba maybe just shading it...

Then of course we have the Assist King Mkhi....

Agh to Hell, I love them all....Keep it up guys..

Treble

Unpopular choice: Rashford. he was our most dangerous attacking player in the first two games despite failing to score and won us the ganme vs Leicester. Lukaku scored more but is a bit too static compared to Rash.

Craig Ward

Miki by far.

What I like most is that the whole team are performing well as a unit, substitutes coming on and making an impression. Competition for spaces is breeding good performances all around

RaptorSlo

I remember him going in late while on a yellow. I accept it would have been a harsh sending off but he asked the ref to make a decision. From the Matchday thread (well-known for balance and nuance, I know) it's clear quite a few posters were worried about him. As you rightly say he came through it and was great, with a deserved goal and MotM from us, but he was one harsh decision from a red card, a suspension and being nowhere near this discussion.
Even Danny Murphy said it was nowhere near a foul for a booking.

Tiber

Poor old DDG, doesn't concede a single goal but Lindelof has more votes

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Even Danny Murphy said it was nowhere near a foul for a booking.
I haven't seen the clip since the day of the match but I definitely remember taking a sharp intake of breath when he went in on a yellow and thinking we as a team, and Pogba in particular, looked rattled for about a third of that first half. The Matchday Forum, such as it is, seems to back it up but as I say I should look again.

As it stands Pogba has had a fine August and is certainly in our best three or four performers, my point is that it could have been different and in a tight choice maybe you could take this bit of immaturity into account.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Isn't it good to see De Gea with no votes :D

surf

Lindelof has eight times the votes of De Gea and Mata combined. Gonna be some player once he gets on the field.

Davistiano

Miki for me, really excited to see his big improvement this season so far, and it is still not near his full potential!

The fact that most members here are suggesting players like Lukaku, Matic, Pogba, Jones etc ... they are all "Central" players which really shows how strong our skeleton is this season and this can only be a good thing!

And yes, I agree on seeing DDG has no votes - honestly, maybe a GK should automatically be considered as MotM if he receives no votes? LOL

Roosney

Just popped in to check why in the hell has Linfelöf 10 votes? Well done Swede Håkans

Minimalist

It was Miki for me. 5 assists isn't to be sniffed at, even if some looked simple.

Pogba and Matic have also been excellent in midfield.

Lukaku is doing what he's there to do and Jones/Bailly at the back has worked well.

Silver

Mikhi has the stats but Pogba has been sublime. Of course that's because of Matic as well but it's been a good while since we've had such an effective midfield. Mikhi has provided assists but he can still go missing. Pogba has been ever present.

Jev

Don't really get the Matic votes. He's been very good, very solid but not nearly as influential as Pogba and Henrikh (or Rashford for that matter). Henrikh for me.

MeUnited

Don't really get the Matic votes. He's been very good, very solid but not nearly as influential as Pogba and Henrikh (or Rashford for that matter). Henrikh for me.
Watch the games. Giving Mkhi POTM suggests you don't.

Jonno

Absolutely Matic.

We've been crying out for a player like him not for 1 year but for more like 3-4. Transformed the way we seem to play, frees up the attacking players, assists in helping our defence being water-tight.

Massive signing and a great first month.