5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

plex

As someone who watches Bayern games on a regular basis, I'd say Sabitzer is a decent/solid player who can fit into any team. The problem with Sabitzer and Bayern is simply that Nagelsmann prefers Kimmich and Goretzka instead of him. While I do understand that Nagelsmann chooses Kimmich over Sabitzer, since the former is simply a better overall player, I do not quite understand his preference towards Goretzka. Nevertheless, both are quite similar regarding their skillset, hence it's understandable that Sabitzer wanted to move to a club where he gets more play time (or at least he thinks the chances are higher at ManUtd.). Another reason may be that Konrad Laimer will most likely move to Bayern next season, which means that the midfield will be even more packed, taking into account that Ryan Gravenberch also needs some play time. I wish Sabitzer only the best and I think that's there quite a good chance for ManUtd to buy him permanently - provided that Sabitzer shows some good performances of course. A realistic price would be 25-30M €.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Leeds United 0:2 Man Utd

Zoo

Another decent outing and played his part well in the opener from Rashford too. Will show even more when Casemiro is back.

Bobski

Pretty good again. Definitely struggled with the tempo in the first 20 mins of each half but as it settled you could his calmness on the ball, and he wasn't afraid of putting his foot in, covers the ground well.

Leeds playing with that energy is not an easy pair of games to come into English football in but he acquitted himself well. 2 excellent passes for the first goal as well.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
First time seeing him today, clearly not his position in midfield

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I like him. He's completely hamstrung by a lack of Casemiro like the rest...but he'll definitely be so much better partnered with him.

avgp_1

Decent effort but wasn't showing up for the ball enough for me, maybe was tactical. It was quality when he did decide to run the play

saivet

Wasn't impressed today but a good switch of play for the opening goal

Red-17

Thought he did well overall, he's obviously not a number 6 player who is going to take control of the ball deep and dictate play, but he was solid positionally and really all of their attacks came more from wide and from giveaways rather than through our midfield. He was also a key contributor to the first goal. Came to get the ball out wide from Maguire and made the first ball forward and then made the key switch out to Shaw.

It was never going to be an easy game for the midfielders with Leeds playing a front two that was letting the back 2 have the ball but pressing anything played into midfield. No time on the ball all game.

mu4c_20le

Actually thought he underhit the long ball and it put Shaw under pressure from a defender when he received it, but still manageed to get the cross off.

Other than that, was ok today.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Wins a decent amount of second balls, doesn’t he? Seems to come away with the ball always, somehow

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I thought Fred was the better of the two. Solid enough game. I feel like he will grow into the team if he gets enough games. Just by doing the basics well and not hiding from the ball makes him a far better midfielder than someone like McT and a really good option now for the rest of the season.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He was a bit missing but when he got the ball or challenged for it, did well.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another solid performance.

He's really got the fight to play in this league. Beautiful switch to Shaw for our first goal, showed good vision.

I like him a lot.

CM

Sabitzer doesn't look particularly capable of playing that deeper role to me. He lacked discipline in his positional play and passing today. Probably doesn't help that he was playing alongside Fred but it was awful to watch, especially in the first half.

SAFMUTD

Won't judge him until he plays along Casemiro, but at the moment happy it's just a loan.

BerryBerryShrew

Steady rather than spectacular, which is probably what was necessary considering he was partnered in midfield by the footballing equivalent of a hyperactive kid.

Could get more of a chance to show what he's about next to Cas.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Thought he did well, he's having to do two roles right now given Casemiro and Eriksen are out and Fred is not passing the ball well. It was key to see that for the opening goal, Fred first got the ball and didn't pass to Shaw out on the left but Sabitzer played that pass immediately and ultimately led to the goal. He's having to protect the back four (though Fred is offering more help in that than Eriksen would) while also being the one to try and initiate attacks.

Abraxas

Did alright. Quite tricky games to come into alongside Fred who probably isn't the ideal partner for him, against a very aggressive team. I don't really think he's a defensive midfielder so a Fred partnership is kind of weird looking as the build up suffers.

PoTMS

He's a good player. He's just not a defensive midfielder and should not be playing games with another #8 in Fred.

criticalanalysis

His switching play is what started our 1st goal
Like Shaw's cross, it was momentum changing.

Sabitzer doesn't look particularly capable of playing that deeper role to me. He lacked discipline in his positional play and passing today. Probably doesn't help that he was playing alongside Fred but it was awful to watch, especially in the first half.
Yup.

Great, silent, underated midfielder. Great job getting him.
Silent domination? :lol:

Overall like many he was poor individually but one moment of quality.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I was saying in match day thread, it’s been a very tough start for him to be thrown into these two Leeds games. I think he is done pretty well. Goes missing at times but manages to get himself back into he game. Works very hard

Status
Not open for further replies.