5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole90+3

Would love to see us try a midfield three of Casemiro as a 6 and Fred + Sabitzer ahead of him. That could dominate the centre of the pitch against anyone. Would involve Bruno out of position though.
Bruno does everything Sabitzer does and much more. Cas, Fred and Bruno is probably the most balanced midfield 3. Eriksen has been wonderful since coming in but he just doesn’t have the legs to play a full 90 minutes at high intensity.

The only reason we controlled the game last night was because Bruno was able to progress the play from a deeper position. Meaning Sabitzer and McT could push forward into their preferred advanced positions.

Bruno in the middle is key to this team’s success

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The only reason we controlled the game last night was because Bruno was able to progress the play from a deeper position. Meaning Sabitzer and McT could push forward into their preferred advanced positions.

This.

But to do this consistently though, we will need Sancho to step into Bruno's attacking role. But Sancho doesnt seem to be as dynamic as his replacement.

Resch

Bruno does everything Sabitzer does and much more. Cas, Fred and Bruno is probably the most balanced midfield 3. Eriksen has been wonderful since coming in but he just doesn’t have the legs to play a full 90 minutes at high intensity.

Bruno just does not defend the way he should, which causes us so many defensive troubles. Sabitzer does not stop defending....

Delano

I said the other day he looks far better than Weghorst up top. Yesterday he was.

He's definitely a 10 or second 8 though. He presses at 100mph when playing in a midfield two and leaves tonnes of space.

I'd take him in the squad ahead of VdB every day of the week though. Bruno never rests, but Sabitzer has more attacking ability then our other options.

Ole90+3

Bruno just does not defend the way he should, which causes us so many defensive troubles. Sabitzer does not stop defending....
I think Bruno defends with great intensity but sometimes he doesn’t track his man back which can sometimes be a positive as he usually finds a great position to receive the ball on the counter attack.

OrcaFat

I said the other day he looks far better than Weghorst up top. Yesterday he was.

He's definitely a 10 or second 8 though. He presses at 100mph when playing in a midfield two and leaves tonnes of space.

I'd take him in the squad ahead of VdB every day of the week though. Bruno never rests, but Sabitzer has more attacking ability then our other options.
I still think he is suited to play no8 with Casemiro. Possibly his best position is as one of two no8s in a 433. He is still settling in. Probably he goes back to Bayern before he starts playing to his full potential.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He stops defending, causing troubles for our defense. Did it 2 or 3-times against Newcastle, did it against Liverpool. That mindset is terrible for a player, and even worse for a captain.
Nah, that's bollox. He did it once against Liverpool, for a brief moment, which caused a massive shit storm on social media and that's obviously created a false notion in your head. For the position he usually plays he's one of the very best defenders in the game. With loads of stats available to prove this.

arnie_ni

Nah, that's bollox. He did it once against Liverpool, for a brief moment, which caused a massive shit storm on social media and that's obviously created a false notion in your head. For the position he usually plays he's one of the very best defenders in the game. With loads of stats available to prove this.
He fecking defends too much at time pressuring players by himself with no help making it easy to play around and onto our midfield.

Criticism for not defending is just wrong.

mainoo era

He's a no brainer for me at a decent price. Clearly a really good player.
he is a good player in an advanced position mate.......but we r looking for different profiles I think...we need an 8 who can pick the ball from deep like de Jong does..but de Jong ain't possible....i like the links with mcallister,lavia,thuram and kone.....we need those....not sabitzer

Much better yesterday but unless he's cheap still miles from good enough. We already have one passenger in McTominay we dont need another one.

We should really have two new starters, with Fred as backup to one and Casemiro slowly being replaced by the other.

He chases the ball which makes it very easy to play around him and exploit the gaps he leaves. Cant fault his effort but he is not smart with his defensive work.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I like him. Signing him permanently depends on what Bayern ask for and how much we have to spend though.

Definitely not a priority if budget isn't too big which I don't think it will be.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
he is a good player in an advanced position mate.......but we r looking for different profiles I think...we need an 8 who can pick the ball from deep like de Jong does..but de Jong ain't possible....i like the links with mcallister,lavia,thuram and kone.....we need those....not sabitzer
Oh god, this really hurts my brain.

OrcaFat

He’s intelligent and very professional. His all round ability is good. We need to see more of him and more from him but my feeling is he would be a very good squad option.

The price would obviously be a factor. I’ve no idea how they decide and plan the budgets but it’s not just the amount we’ve got to spend but also a case of who is available and how much we end up spending on key targets. There’s no point in saying he’s worth £10m or £13.25m; context is everything.

SAF is the GOAT

Wish him the best but I still want a younger and better alternative to number 8 instead of him

Maybe Le Fee or Kone, Macallister or others

The real crime I think, is the moustache.
Not the ponytail ? get a proper haircut lad

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Did well yesterday. I’m not convinced we need him long term but we do need him this season.

NWRed

He's not much of an upgrade on Fred or McTominay so I don't see the point in signing him permanently.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sure, he is not what we expect him to be for a long term stay. In fact sometimes Fred performs way better than him. But we all know that. The real crime I think, is the moustache.

Nick7

I thought he was good. If we can sign him for less than we sell McTominay for it’s a net positive in my view.

OrcaFat

I thought he was good. If we can sign him for less than we sell McTominay for it’s a net positive in my view.
Yeah that is a really straightforward way to look at it.

Assuming we are targeting at least one other elite CM, we need to shift McT before bringing in any further squad options (i.e. Sab).

Orange Tree

We need someone to relegate Eriksen to the bench and a backup to Casemiro. He is neither, just a better McTominay.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think we will buy him only if we don't strengthen the midfield enough.
We need backup for Casemiro and probably someone who plays with Casemiro, meaning better than Fred and Eriksen. This is doable in one window I think.
That would leave us with Fred and Eriksen as backup midfielders in which case I don't see a point in signing Sabitzer.
If we only get one midfielder then maybe, but he will still be behind Fred and Eriksen (as Marcel isn't a natural CM) so also don't see this hapenning.

gajender

Yeah that is a really straightforward way to look at it.

Assuming we are targeting at least one other elite CM, we need to shift McT before bringing in any further squad options (i.e. Sab).
That would be poor use of funds irrespective of Sabitizer's transfer fee if we bring Elite no 8 as it has been reported to be a priority along side striker , then any further CM addition should be Casemiro's back up .

ClassOf'99

If the talk is true around Weghorst then Sabitzer should be the only loanee we sign, he done everything we wanted from Weghorst, flick ons, holding the ball up, advancing possession in the final third and winning headers!

I still think he can do a job for us especially if we sign him instead of Weghorst and ship out Donny & McT

mainoo era

We need someone to relegate Eriksen to the bench and a backup to Casemiro. He is neither, just a better McTominay.
agreed completely.......we do need two mids ideally......links with lavia,thuram,macallister,kone are very nice

OrcaFat

That would be poor use of funds irrespective of Sabitizer's transfer fee if we bring Elite no 8 as it has been reported to be a priority along side striker , then any further CM addition should be Casemiro's back up .
You might have a point.

redcucumber

Don't agree with this at all. ten Hag is literally playing Bruno out of position in centre mid to play Sabitzer in the number 10. That's not because Sabitzer is a better number 10 than Bruno, but because Bruno is a better centre mid than Sabitzer.

Sabitzer should not be signed. Doesn't do enough, the stuff he does do isn't impactful enough to justify signing him.

Chairman Steve

I’d take him permanent for £20m. He’s done well considering he had to hit the ground running and be the Casemiro replacement after he got himself sent off the first time, rather than be the Eriksen replacement.

I think his stats would look better if we had a half decent striker up top and not Weggy being a pressing demon and providing decent layoffs to better players.

mctrials23

Do we need him if we bring in a top class CM. There would be Casemiro, Fred, Eriksen and A.N.Other for 2 positions. That should be enough cover.

El Jefe

I'm really lost why people want him signed? Have we forgotten he was signed to replace Eriksen who was injured for months and is a better player.

We need a top class No.8 and a backup DM, Sabitzer is neither. Only way it makes sense is if both Fred and Mctominay leave, in addition to Donny. Even then I'd want a younger midfielder.

Trequarista10

I'm curious if people think any of our youngsters will have an impact on the decision. Assuming Sabitzer is seen as a backup/rotation 8/10, that's the position our academy has produced talents with at a decent rate. Currently Hannibal, Mainoo, Shoretire, arguably Iqbal, Diallo potentially, there's another lad in the academy whose name I can't remember too. On one hand Sabitzer could be seen as a short term/cheap option as cover until one of those displaces him, on the other hand the more pressing need is for a holding midfielder and signing Sabitzer too might leave the squad a bit bloated/block progression for younger players.

edcunited1878

I'm really lost why people want him signed? Have we forgotten he was signed to replace Eriksen who was injured for months and is a better player.

We need a top class No.8 and a backup DM, Sabitzer is neither. Only way it makes sense is if both Fred and Mctominay leave, in addition to Donny. Even then I'd want a younger midfielder.
He's replaced DvB and Eriksen. He hasn't been deployed as a DM, that's been McTominay. He's been an orthodox central mid and now advanced central midfielder. The tactical flexibility is a huge asset. We've seen Fred play where Sabitzer did last night and while the sample size is small, Sabitzer handled it very well against a deep defensive line and 3 CBs.

The young midfielder you're talking about is Hannibal who is currently out on loan. If Bruno can again develop his game to play as a traditional 8, a little bit like how he did yesterday, with a more robust player of Sabitzer ahead with a proper CF..then that would be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.