5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sancho99

I honestly don't think there's many better trios in World football than Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno. Genuinely who is better? Madrid and City maybe

Mctominay and Sabitzer are showing to be very capable backups and Fred has been a really good option for Eriksen.
The problem is against the better teams and the more high intensity games, eriksen tires after 60 minutes and we tend to need to change things and this is when we lose our shape and control of games.

Bobski

He's the best version of van de Beek.

I wonder if ETH knew what he was getting when he signed because he started Sabitzer deep a few times as he was supposed to be Eriksen replacement. But he's totally different kind of player.

I wonder if it instead of signing Sabitizer will Ten Hag think he can get the same out of a rehabbed Donny. It would require a mentality change from Donny, you can see Sabitzer being a decent back up for Bruno because he will try the odd individual moment of creativity, Beek has never shown that, the courage to make things happen, doesn't help that he can't kick the ball over 20 yards with any force.

mctrials23

Was his best game today but very hard to take too much from that as Everton were quite poor.

OrcaFat

The problem is against the better teams and the more high intensity games, eriksen tires after 60 minutes and we tend to need to change things and this is when we lose our shape and control of games.
That’s right about Eriksen tiring. It happens in most games. I think Sabitzer would be an able sub in that scenario. Or bring Sab on and drop Bruno back to no8.

And give Sab a few more games to acclimatise and I think he can comfortably cover any of the midfield positions, he has the base attributes and intelligence for it. And he would get plenty of minutes / games. A permanent move should be attractive to all parties.

Ultimately, Eriksen will need to be replaced with an elite no8 but I’m now thinking that’s a problem for another day.

RedIan

His best game on the back of a good performance in midweek v Brentford. Technically very good a d seems much better in an advanced position.

Olecurls99

He's a really shrewd signing. We still need another 6, someone who can carry the ball and another that can retain possession.... or a player who can do two of those things.
Like I said, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better trio of Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno and the backups of Sabitzer, Fred and McTominay are probably as good as you'll find at top clubs too

gajender

Like I said, I think you'll be hard pressed to find a better trio of Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno and the backups of Sabitzer, Fred and McTominay are probably as good as you'll find at top clubs too
This is a joke right you can't be serious .

Roboc7

You honestly think we thread water with Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno?
If the only other midfielders are Mctominay, Fred and Sabitzer then yes absolutely. We’ll have exactly the same issues as this season of having no cover for Casemiro or Eriksen.

Eriksen already struggles after about an hour, he should be a squad player and whole team is unbalanced as soon as Casemiro is out. Keeping all 3 of Fred, Mctominay and Sabitzer makes no sense.

Last edited:

Drizzle

Well in that case we must have one of the best midfields in world football. Sadly that is very very far from the case.

OrcaFat

Well in that case we must have one of the best midfields in world football. Sadly that is very very far from the case.
Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno is in the conversation, as a first choice trio, I would say. I expect criticism of Bruno’s ball retention and Eriksen’s stamina but they’re both very influential and productive. All in all, not the world’s best but bloody good on their day.

I personally don’t rate Fred or McT very highly, even though both have shown they can contribute; neither is clever enough. Sabitzer is shaping up as a decent, versatile, intelligent squad player who most clubs would be glad to have.

So the back ups are the problem and it is quite a big problem when Case and Eriksen are absent. We do need to strengthen there but the problem is we need a striker and a RB and it’s tempting to think that MF doesn’t seem half bad if everyone is fit. I suppose that’s kind of reckless but if the budget is limited, no9 and RB must be prioritised. (And please god nothing happens to Case or Eriksen).

Olecurls99

If the only other midfielders are Mctominay, Fred and Sabitzer then yes absolutely. We’ll have exactly the same issues as this season of having no cover for Casemiro or Eriksen.

Eriksen already struggles after about an hour, he should be a squad player and whole team is unbalanced as soon as Casemiro is out. Keeping all 3 of Fred, Mctominay and Sabitzer makes no sense.
We looked alright today without Casemiro and Eriksen and against Brentford.

Most teams will struggle without their most important player. Again, there's few better trios out there than Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno.

Roboc7

Most teams will struggle without their most important player. Again, there's few better trios out there than Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno.
Today was a rare exception but you can’t go through another season without a backup for Casemiro, makes no sense to have no one else who can play there.

Take Casemiro out and our midfield is nothing special, even with him it’s short of the top 2 in the PL.

Olecurls99

Today was a rare exception but you can’t go through another season without a backup for Casemiro, makes no sense to have no one else who can play there.

Take Casemiro out and our midfield is nothing special, even with him it’s short of the top 2 in the PL.
Agree to disagree. I think Casemiro, Eriksen and Bruno is a special midfield. I wouldn’t swap with Arsenal.

Thepinhead

Still think we need a number 6/8 to rotate with Casemiro and or Eriksen. We have too many players who are best in the advanced midfielder role. Bruno, Donny, Mctominay, Fred and Sabitzer. It is 2 too many imo and we should get rid of Donny and either Mctominay or Sabitzer.

ClassOf'99

Still think we need a number 6/8 to rotate with Casemiro and or Eriksen. We have too many players who are best in the advanced midfielder role. Bruno, Donny, Mctominay, Fred and Sabitzer. It is 2 too many imo and we should get rid of Donny and either Mctominay or Sabitzer.
Bolded is the simplest equation.

The question becomes who is the best 8 that can cover 6 when needed out there?

FDJ would fit our system perfectly but is unlikely.

Sabitzer has shown he is more effective up the top end of the pitch so I'd be happy to bring him on board for Bruno cover

Wezzaldo

People seem to forget he’s been this league for two months. It’s taken top players a lot longer to acclimatise to the league. Think he’s getting stronger game by game.

Thepinhead

Bolded is the simplest equation.

The question becomes who is the best 8 that can cover 6 when needed out there?

FDJ would fit our system perfectly but is unlikely.

Sabitzer has shown he is more effective up the top end of the pitch so I'd be happy to bring him on board for Bruno cover
Well question is how much of an upgrade is Sabitzer to Mctominay and do we want to spend money on it?

I agree about FDJ but ye we might have to look at someone like Caicedo maybe.

Wing Attack Plan R

Sabz was really good today. He's acclimatized to the pace and physicality of this league pretty quickly. McTominay had another good game today but normally I'd play Sabz ahead of Fred and McT both. Our midfield does not have a lot of traditional roles. Some of the criticism I read of Sabz is that he's not an out and out CAM or whatever, but I think he's playing the role as assigned to him by EtH. I think he'll continue to improve.

ClassOf'99

Well question is how much of an upgrade is Sabitzer to Mctominay and do we want to spend money on it?

I agree about FDJ but ye we might have to look at someone like Caicedo maybe.
For position he plays? A huge upgrade as he should be used to cover Bruno or play in Bruno's position while Bruno covers somewhere more pressing, but for the position of 6 neither are good enough.

Caicedo isn't a player I've seen much of but it is clear we do need someone who can play well beside and cover Case, while also being an upgrade to the team.

Selling McT & Donny, bringing in Sabi for 12-20m & an upgrade to our midfield in the 6/8 position would be perfect scenario in the summer while also buying a starting ST & RB

RC89

Have to agree:

Casemiro >> Party
Eriksen >> Xhaka
Bruno > Odegaard

Out of the Top 2 the only arguable upgrade is KDB.
Why do you think we're 16 points behind Arsenal then? Genuinely curious as to where you think the deficit in the team is.

Olecurls99

Why do you think we're 16 points behind Arsenal then? Genuinely curious as to where you think the deficit in the team is.
They've had feck all injuries and nobody really cares about beating Arsenal. They also have in Saka and Martinelli 2 of the best players in the league.

The difference isn't our starting midfield trios

NZT-One

I personally don’t rate Fred or McT very highly, even though both have shown they can contribute; neither is clever enough. Sabitzer is shaping up as a decent, versatile, intelligent squad player who most clubs would be glad to have.
Yet no one seems to be interested in him whatsoever. I have no idea how people call him a very good loan signing... What is very good about it? Is there anything in between very good and totally shit? I was absolute in favor of the loan move, but until now, there are no indications that this would be somewhat of a good move apart from him seemingly being on the cheaper side.

This place is a bit funny sometimes. Win 2:0 against last place Everton (with them effectively assisting the 2nd goal) and seemingly our midfield must be one of the best of the world.

Yeah thank god that those are the teams you have to go against for titles. Last place Everton and fecking Brentford...

:)

Olecurls99

Yet no one seems to be interested in him whatsoever. I have no idea how people call him a very good loan signing... What is very good about it? Is there anything in between very good and totally shit? I was absolute in favor of the loan move, but until now, there are no indications that this would be somewhat of a good move apart from him seemingly being on the cheaper side.

This place is a bit funny sometimes. Win 2:0 against last place Everton (with them effectively assisting the 2nd goal) and seemingly our midfield must be one of the best of the world.

Yeah thank god that those are the teams you have to go against for titles. Last place Everton and fecking Brentford...

Which ones are better?

NZT-One

Which ones are better?
Whats the point of such a game? If those players would be so fantastic, other clubs would be all over us trying to snatch them away. Casemiro has been great for us, Eriksen has played well, Bruno is Bruno with all he offers and all he causes. Look at where we are in the table look at how the team has been trashed on a couple of occasions.

Stuff like that is what has been laughed at on RAWK... And this isn't me saying those players are bad - but lets keep some perspective.

Olecurls99

Whats the point of such a game? If those players would be so fantastic, other clubs would be all over us trying to snatch them away. Casemiro has been great for us, Eriksen has played well, Bruno is Bruno with all he offers and all he causes. Look at where we are in the table look at how the team has been trashed on a couple of occasions.

Stuff like that is what has been laughed at on RAWK... And this isn't me saying those players are bad - but lets keep some perspective.
Ridiculous comment

Blood Mage

Impressive today but I don't think we'll sign him permanently and it's the right call IMO. If we have the funds in the summer there's better midfielders out there for us.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
People seem to forget he’s been this league for two months. It’s taken top players a lot longer to acclimatise to the league. Think he’s getting stronger game by game.
Plus he wasn't getting a look in at Munich - he's gonna get better.

Mcking

He's getting positive reviews despite not being especially good just like Weghorst was in his first few games.

NZT-One

Ridiculous comment
As long as it comes from somebody who thinks that our midfield might be the best in the world I am not losing any sleep about that evaluation :)

Just to give a another perspective: Before his injury, I haven't seen anybody making a claim about our midfield being the best in the world. Certainly not outside of United fan base and if it has been there inside, it certainly wasn't a major thing. So what happened until today? Did the 20min sub against 2 goal down Everton after x weeks of being injured and the three matches without Casemiro add to your conclusion or what was it?

Lets win something. Lets be good against really good teams maybe even by playing good football. Then we can start about our players being the best. Anything premature of that is, as I said, rawk-level optimism.

RC89

They've had feck all injuries and nobody really cares about beating Arsenal. They also have in Saka and Martinelli 2 of the best players in the league.

The difference isn't our starting midfield trios
Their striker was off with a long term injury.
Nobody cares about beating Arsenal is a leap more than a stretch.
Agree on Saka and Martinelli.
The midfield still makes a big diff. Only Casemiro is better than Partey, the rest I disagree on.

OrcaFat

What a strange post.

We haven’t fielded our first choice midfield for ages (back when we did, there was talk of us challenging for the title, btw). No-one is looking at our back up midfield beating a couple of average teams and concluding that the back up midfield is the best in the world, are they? No.

We have no idea who might be interested in Sabitzer if he was for sale but he certainly looks good enough to get into most (not all) teams; as a squad player he’d be valued everywhere. He’s a Bayern Munich player, on loan to Manchester United; two of the very biggest clubs in the world; you think he’s particularly interested in going somewhere else? We have no idea but most places would be a step down.

You know all that, I’m sure. I don’t see the point of your post.

croadyman

We need one more maybe two and I probably get rid of Fred extend his contract then sell. We need a slightly more creative goal scoring type and a. CDM/CM

Add Mohamed Kudas E Le Fey or J Maddison as a number 8/10 and Adriem Rabiot on a free. We’ll need 7 options for 3/4 spaces sometimes we play 4-1-3-2 or 4-3–3 but in transition ETH likes 3-2-2-3 but the other 5 I agree with.
Thank you for speaking some sense on midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.