Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We lost two games then we went out and bought. We shouldn't have to be in this position. We should have decent backup.

Anyway, I guess I'm the only one feeling this way :lol: :lol:
That's a Glazer problem.

The budget was widely reported to be £120m before the summer window of 2022 opened and pressure was then placed on the owners to release more funds which they did after losing to Brighton and Brentford.

Dominos

Apparently we've been working on this since Sunday morning.
We were also "working on" Casemiro and Antony since the beginning of the summer, and couldn't get them before the season.

We're notoriously and consistently slow to get things done.

Godfather

What’s he supposed to be good at ? Based on clips he doesn’t seem to excel at any one thing. Work rate and end product? As I can’t see much skill or passing.
Work rate, shooting, decent passing. An allrounder. Turned into a number 8 after starting out on the wings. Doesn't really excel at anything but is decent at everything. After Arnautovic and Alaba Austria's best player. Alongside Laimer.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
For anyone who missed it here is the video @Ramshock posted earlier in the thread. Reading between the lines of a highlights video, he seems like a good all-rounder with a good engine and physicality, a decent strike and can take a set-piece. Definitely think he’d be an improvement on Eriksen in some aspects of the game as we all know that despite his qualities, Eriksen isn’t quite the ideal player in there either:

Jeffthered

I mean considering we only went for him after the Eriksen injury it’s the very definition of a panic buy. Not that there’s anything wrong with that
I totally agree. We'restruggling with numbers and we would be taking a massive risk if we were to just say ' leave as is...' when we are competing in four competitions. If the player is decent, we have to get him in if possible.

I really worry about our key players, because there will be a lot of pressure placed on them over the next few months. Chelsea genuinely have two first XI's ffs!

Are there any International's to be played soon? If so, the fixture list between now and May is going to be nuts. Think we may see some strange results along the way...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Work rate, shooting, decent passing. An allrounder. Turned into a number 8 after starting out on the wings. Doesn't really excel at anything but is decent at everything.
Seems like a good loan signing tbh rather than a permanent one. But we need all the help we can get given the Erikson injury.

Djemba-Djemba

I didn't know Mctominay was injured as well.

So that's Eriksen, Mctominay and Vdb all injured this month?

We definitely need another midfielder.

Godfather

Seems like a good loan signing tbh rather than a permanent one. But we need all the help we can get given the Erikson injury.
He's quick too which is something I forgot to mention. Yes for a loan deal that's a clever move and good business for pretty much everyone involved. Hope we get it done. Can be a bit of a sicknote however as far as I can remember.

Man-United

Since when does Paul Merson's opinion matter that much that it deserves to be in a thread title on a Manchester United forum? :houllier:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The player is desperate to join us… yet we don’t have pull anymore. You just know when you’re as big as us and we come calling you have to take it.
It also helps when a player is not seeing any game time at his current club.

Marwood

Nothing wrong with a panic buy when there's good reason to panic.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Anybody who is another obstacle between McTominay and first team football can only be celebrated and welcomed.
It’s funny because instead of ETH telling players they’re rubbish and not good enough for this team he’s just leaving them out hoping they hand in a transfer request. Maguire being one of them.

Giggsy13

Plan ahead for an injury that happpened just last week?
I too am finding it unbelievable that there is an expectation that ten Hag and Arnold are clerics who can see into the future that a former scouse donkey would injure a key player.

pseudo_canadian

As long as they have 2 legs and 2 eyes that work I’ll welcome any player with open arms.

Anything but having to be subjected to watching Scott McTominay play in midfield for Manchester United should be considered a massive success.

Alek M

Da manic one
Got up. Read guardian and says we are not going for anyone. Two houra later. Sabitzeeeer. LFG. Get Caicedo too. Any why not Jorginho?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I too am finding it unbelievable that there is an expectation that ten Hag and Arnold are clerics who can see into the future that a former scouse donkey would injure a key player.
To be fair, they were clearly heavily reliant on Christian Eriksen, with his health issues and age, playing a tonne of games for us. It was never going to happen. You could see he was struggling more and more in recent weeks.

lysglimt

Scout
I wonder how Chelsea will sell their club to Sabitzer - "we just sold one player, so you will be one of 8 players fighting for a midfield position"

Blackwidow

It actually is not like Sabitzer did not play at Bayern. He got playtime in all CL-matches and 15 of 18 matches in the Bundesliga this season. But usually as substitute because of Kimmich and Goretzka and not as starter!

He was captain in Leipzig and is 2nd captain for Austria behind Alaba. So he might have had problems with being just a squad player at Bayern (but he did not make trouble - that is probably more important - he is a team player)

Gavinb33

We need a stop gap signing to cover the injury to our other stop gap signing!

I can't believe the state we've allowed our midfield and striker position to become. Even after £300m spent in the summer we're still threadbare in key positions/quality.
I swear our summer spend gets bumped up by £50 million each day, tomorrow will be "even after our summer spend of £350 million......"

croadyman

Is this actually happening? I’ve not seen a lot of Sabitzer but from what I remember he’s a good player. I didn’t expect anything today so this would be a great surprise.
Wasn't he really good in the away game when Leipzig knocked us out of Champions League a couple of seasons ago

Status
Not open for further replies.