Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedorDead21

Merson says he’s a panic buy after watching him the square root of fcuk all but Jorginho is an amazing piece of business for Arsenal. Do not want.

Coops73

"Panic buy" is an overly negative term in this context, as it implies a response driven by fear, lack of planning or some fault on the club's part.

When in this case we simply didn't need to sign a midfielder this January and could happily have waited until the summer. Then Eriksen got injured, which changed our needs. And we've responded with this deal.

It's a last minute deal because the need arose at the last minute, but there doesn't seem to be any particular sense of panic or fault involved.
Merson is a bit of an idiot but I kind of feel sorry for him, Sky wheel him out to talk bollocks or mispronounce a tricky name like Harry Kane on soccer Saturday then Pat him on the head and usher him out the back door.

He seemed a tidy player for Leipzig, haven’t got a clue how he’s been at Bayern but let’s hope it’s one of those surprises and can do a good job for us, I’m sure Souness will pipe up and say he’s the worst thing to come out of Austria since Adolf Hitler.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Credit to Murtough and EtH. I can’t believe we’ve made such a smart signing in the space of a day.

Looks like we’ll have Casemiro, Fred, McT, and Sabitzer playing for two spots across 4 competitions. I still feel we’re a body light in midfield but I’m hoping EtH can either play Licha in the middle or blood in Mainoo more.

Blackwidow

Just had a look at the Bayern team and even Muller gets picked ahead of this guy!
That is still funny...

Should I tell you how much Ten Hag loves Müller and Kimmich - just told that a year ago in an interview... (especially as Müller adds workrate and movement without the ball to that stats)

Valencia Shin Crosses

Probably a bit off topic but I don't think we move exactly a lot quicker though. Our summer deals took forever until we paid shit loads of money for some players. High fees tend to make the moves quicker obviously.

He is still a lot to prove with getting reasonable deals (perm moves, not loans) for little known players who will get good here. He may prove to be that guy but so far, he has just done an average job for me.
I do think the problem with the summer was the entire FDJ saga sort of put a lot of shit on hold including Antony considering our budget. The whole waffling with Barca needing to sell, then not needing to sell etc. made it go by much slower.

I'll judge him much more harshly this summer if we still waffle around and our sales are shite because we know we need to offload players and those fees will go a long way

IRELANDUNITED

Chelsea spending 130 million on a guy who had a good World Cup and we sign a better player on loan, I’m happy

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
First Austrian to ever play for us?

MadMike

Eh? I think you’ve misunderstood.
No, I think you misunderstood.

Depth isn't infinite. There's squad limits, there's also only so many players you can have without causing discontent about lack of chances.

You can have reasonable depth and still take the opportunity of an open transfer window to replace players lost to long term injury (and thus replenish your depth). The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Are you telling me that if City lost 2 CBs to long term injury they wouldn't dip into the January market to bring more bodies in? And if so, would you say they also don't have depth in that case?

Mike Smalling

I can't say I've watched him a ton, but getting a competent midfielder in just to make up the numbers on a low risk loan deal seems like a good idea. Will probably not pull up trees, but so what? If he can help us rotate and get wins, that would be enough.

Castia

Wonder what the buy option fee is, I have a feeling this will be a great signing

Really happy with this

Giggsy13

Merson is a bit of an idiot but I kind of feel sorry for him, Sky wheel him out to talk bollocks or mispronounce a tricky name like Harry Kane on soccer Saturday then Pat him on the head and usher him out the back door.

He seemed a tidy player for Leipzig, haven’t got a clue how he’s been at Bayern but let’s hope it’s one of those surprises and can do a good job for us, I’m sure Souness will pipe up and say he’s the worst thing to come out of Austria since Adolf Hitler.
Its exploitation of someone who clearly has special needs.

dinostar77

Fecking CAF is useless. All the names that were banded around and none of you geniuses mentioned this guy :lol:

Im joking btw, happy we got someone in.

Also merson is an idiot who gambled away everything he earnt as a player. So not the best judge of anything.

rk4utd

He’s not good enough to start in the serial title winning Bayern team means he is not good enough to help us through the rest of the season when the alternative choice - mct- has been tried and failed?

Don’t think so! Get him on that plane!

He wouldn’t be at Bayern if he wasn’t a good enough player . Felt gutted when I read the ericksen prognosis - if this gets done he will breathe much needed energy back into CM to go with the qualities of Fred and casimero.

Best we could hope for in the circumstances and with the purse strings closed on ‘better’ alternatives until summer at the earliest.

Reactions: Penna

Blood Mage

Chelsea spending 130 million on a guy who had a good World Cup and we sign a better player on loan, I’m happy
Let's not get carried away, Enzo is clearly a top talent while Sabitzer hasn't played many games this season. Chelsea are overpaying but still getting a fantastic midfielder who I would've loved at United.

meamth

I like what I'm seeing, predominantly a right footed LCM who whips through balls with accuracy.

Like for like replacement for Eriksen to help us this season. Great addition to the club.

Well done again ETH.

NLunited

Nice player, I can see why we are interested. Good dribble, press resistant, nice crossing and shooting.

sixdwarf

Pleased with this one. Very sensible loan. Quality player. Not quite Eriksens vision or range but has the engine and to play a full 90 in MF. Won't have to sub him off every game at least. Also a has plenty of Champions leauge experience and being at one of the big clubs.
What we lose with Eriksen is his creativity, his ability to open up defences with a clever pass and his football brain. Sabitzer's not in his league in those terms but what you lose there, you gain in his box to box all round ability. He is a much more physical presence than Eriksen.

Beggars cant be choosers on deadline day and yes he is a panic buy - something we really should be getting away from, but an exciting one. Let's get it done!!

Reactions: Penna
Status
Not open for further replies.