Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popovic

I don't even know how some people here are against this. We just lost arguably one of the most important players in the squad on the last day. A short term loan for a player of his quality is a no brainer.

ElectroManiac

Nah we shouldn't really be looking to buy in any scenario. We have Fred as a squad player, they're similar ages, he's good but not great. If we buy a midfielder in the summer, I'd go for tielemans on a free or Kovačić from Chelsea if we are skint. Otherwise we go big on Frenkie or bennacer or someone else (Enzo if he doesn't leave today).
I mean to have an option that we can trigger in case he has an amazing half of the season. Definitely not be forced to buy him for sure

Shai-Hulud

Filming the guy heading into the airport for a loan transfer. Hah. Modern muppetry...

JustinC00

Not played much recently by looks of it. Can't see him starting for a couple of week whilst he gets match fit.
He's still been training and been fit enough to make Bayern's bench the last 3 matches

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Have the posters with a PhD in Sabitzers skillset made themselves known yet

Blackwidow

The journo really followed him to the gate to confirm his destination :lol: :lol:

It's a loan with an option to buy apparently
The journo actually even is an ex-professional footballer (from 1860 and Leverkusen) - but he usually is Bayern-journalist.

He does not confirm anything. Just says to him that he cannot and that he should wait - that the answer will show.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout

The journo really followed him to the gate to confirm his destination :lol: :lol:

It's a loan with an option to buy apparently
Love this.

Loan with option to buy is ideal, let’s hope everything goes smoothly.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
That would be true if it was a muscular injury, not cause of a challenge. Eriksen I mean.
Respectfully disagree on that, but I think that argument has been done to death. Probably easiest to say that if Man Utd are going to play a 60 game season with a World Cup in the middle then they’ll need sufficient numbers to cover absences, regardless of the cause of the absence.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Looks like this is real then! Know little about him bit this is great news!

Betson

Sky Sports saying he is was one of those on ETH summer wish list , but obviously expedited due to Ericsen injury.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
"Panic buy" is an overly negative term in this context, as it implies a response driven by fear, lack of planning or some fault on the club's part.

When in this case we simply didn't need to sign a midfielder this January and could happily have waited until the summer. Then Eriksen got injured, which changed our needs. And we've responded with this deal.

It's a last minute deal because the need arose at the last minute, but there doesn't seem to be any particular sense of panic or fault involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.