Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

When I heard about this is was like who but then I remembered he was one of the crowns of that Leipzig team of a few years back
Yeah and put that ball in behind our defence for their first goal in the game over there

croadyman

Looks like someone who can win balls in midfield but also play further forward if required too

Walters_19_MuFc

Was a big fan of his when he was at Leipzig.

If he can replicate those kind of performances at United, then it'll be an astute signing.

Djemba-Djemba

It's a relief to have brought someone good in.

There's no way we could have got through the next 3 months just with what we already had.

BorisManUtd

Great to see this happening after Eriksen's injury. Think we would've been in huge trouble if we didn't go for anyone after it was clear Eriksen will be out for so long.

Red For Ever

Has Graham Sourness said anything on him yet? Mediocre Marcel?

Who needs Souness, when you have Merson

Taken from Sky Sports

Sky Sports' Paul Merson speaking on Deadline Day:

"Marcel Sabitzer doesn't get in the Bayern Munich team. I know they've got a two cemented in midfield but if he was that good he'd be pushing. Again it goes back to panic. There was no interest in him on January 1.

"Chelsea are trying to get Enzo Fernandez over the line and Christian Eriksen is now injured at Man United. It's panic. You're buying second-rate Bayern Munich players.

"This lad wasn't on the radar before. He doesn't get in the Bayern team - nowhere near their first team. You've got to ask 'is he going to make us better?' I'm not sure."

crossy1686

career ending
Off the field issues aside, I've been very impressed with his output for Juve and France this season
He's been good, I'm just tired of being linked to some prima-donna who turns up to discuss a move with their lawyer and entire family in the background planning their eventual documentary. Just get hard working lads here who only care about football and winning.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
According to fifa, he has a £37m release clause. If he smashes it here, I wouldn’t be against paying that for him as a rotational option. Not getting the option to buy isn't the end of the world.

DeeDee7

Love how we have pulled this off at the last minute. Will certainly help us with the blow of loaing Erickson, BUT!

From my experience watching him he never struck me as a tidy midfield passer or great with the ball in tight areas to transition the ball out of defense and replace what we lose with Erickson. which is fine, Hes a combatative midfielder with great energy and some great technique striking the ball. However we all have seen how Casemiro has showed us a different aspect to his passing game here so maybe we can see more from him too.
Hed be a perfect replacement for McT in the future.

RopersReturn

Now we’ve got Sabitzer, maybe we could bolster our midfield by signing Rabiot on a free in the summer whilst analysing the ongoing situation with de Jong.

Status
Not open for further replies.